Page 18 of 95 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: FALUN GONG/Falun Dafa

Yes but which goes better on a Ritz? BTW I'll be in P-burgh next month when my daughter graduates from CAPA.

If your in town drop me an email, you can come to xing yi or lion dancing or something! On june 5th our lion dancing team will be performing.
    Bless you

Falun Gong/Dafa Demonstration

So this Sunday I was minding my own business in the middle of Boston walking back from my mother's birthday brunch with my wife when all of a sudden we see a protest making it's way down Boylston St and past the Boston Commons. Turns out there had to have been 1000's in on this march. They had lion dancers, and all this stuff while trying to protest China's torture of Falun Gong. They even had a float where it had actors playing the part of Chinese soldiers torturing and killing people. It was pretty graphic.

I was surprised by the sheer number of people that were involved in this march. It was broken up into sections and each section had it's own costumes and music. It must have cost a fortune. Those guy must have tons of cash. Not only for the costumes but for a permit to stop traffic on one of Boston's busiest streets for hours during the weekend of the DNC...

Just thought I'd share. I know they aren't too popular here.

Yeah, I think the city only allowed protest marches on Sunday & Monday, after that groups have to stay in the "protest zone." But it sounds like FG was bigger than the peace march on Monday (which wasn't very big from what I saw on the news).

They marched in D.C. last week, only reason I know about that is because they sent a press release to my column. How I got on that mailing list I have no idea.

Falun Gong'ers seem pretty harmless, last August they were meditating along Beach St. during the August Moon Festival, taking up valuable vendor space I'm not sure what Chinatown residents think of them, but they were getting a lot of sidelong, "WTF" glances from shoppers.
    There is a great streak of violence in every human being. If it is not channeled and understood, it will break out in war or in madness. ~Sam Peckinpah

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

wtf?

According to the New York Times, Li Hongzhi said that: "...interracial children are the spawn of the 'Dharma Ending Period,' a Buddhist phrase that refers to an era of moral degeneration. In an interview last year, he said each race has its own paradise, and he later told followers in Australia that, 'The yellow people, the white people, and the black people have corresponding races in heaven.' As a result, he said, interracial children have no place in heaven without his intervention."
    found here

http://www.religioustolerance.org/falungong1.htm

they sound not so good.

"George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

harmless ...

... to others. At least the FG's I've seen in Boston. A large percentage of them seem to be the "chi hippie" set, willing to overlook the founder's "eccentricities" so they can play around with the "magic" of an esoteric Asian religion. And since this is an activist town, there's the pity factor too: "Oh, they're oppressed. Well, we just have to join on principle."

People fall for stupid things. Like Scientology. Or Ricky Martin.
    There is a great streak of violence in every human being. If it is not channeled and understood, it will break out in war or in madness. ~Sam Peckinpah

you gotta wonder what's up with the "free speech zones" lol.

I thought the whole country was a free speech zone...

who's idea was that anyway?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    I just don't know if i'd be associated with a group that had a leader spouting crap like that.

and what's wrong with the kung fu schools up there?

shouldn't they be filling that niche for the tai chi hippies?

"George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

We try .... *sigh* ... we try.

I was gonna say, "But every time we try teaching them to take a hit, they start crying and run away." But that's just mean.

whos falun gong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Ted Gong's rebellious yet serene brother.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

you gotta wonder what's up with the "free speech zones" lol.

I thought the whole country was a free speech zone...
    Can't have large groups of people wandering down the middle of the streets ALL the time.

well, you can't have so many problems that you would have masses of people in the streets protesting all the time either.

come on, "free speech zones" are just weird and freaky no matter how ya slice it.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

okay, but now who is ted gong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Originally posted by Kung Lek
    well, you can't have so many problems that you would have masses of people in the streets protesting all the time either.

come on, "free speech zones" are just weird and freaky no matter how ya slice it.
    Well, no matter how good you do things there is always someone who is not going to be happy so there will always be someone wanting to protest
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.