Page 31 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: FALUN GONG/Falun Dafa

Ok, the 15 minutes is up. Time for the falun loonies to go away.

hey how's that coolaid tasting?

will you shut up already?
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Greetings..

I am continually amused when people assert their perspectives as Universal constants.. the universe is not subject to our contrivances.. ie: "Falun (fah-luhn) = Law Wheel ", before the emergence of humans from the primal soup, prior to mankind's musings and contemplations, the universe functioned quite appropriately without the notion of a "law wheel".. Falun Gong is just another in a venerable lineage of attempts to fit a perfectly natural and properly functioning universe into the confines of human thought.. At best, we can observe the natural rhythms and cycles of our environment and our human-ness and seek to harmonize with them.. Laws are only valid within the context in which they are conceived, what we consider as "laws" are only so within the limits of our own abilities to perceive.. It is not inconceivable that our ability to perceive is so limited as to prevent us from sensing vast amounts of the universe which may go unnoticed right in front of us.. but, we only consider what we can sense, discounting other notions.. our entire universe may be one bubble in a pot of boiling water, our senses too limited to see beyond that bubble.. i think Falun fills itself with too much self-importance and too many contrivances.. "chop wood, carry water", and the rest will find its natural place in the harmony of Life.. don't get too caught-up in the notions of "good/bad", they are concepts that vary by situation, culture and consequence.. "do no harm", to the greatest extent possible, cultivate a healthy existence, know that we are ALL linked in this physical existence and Falun is an unnecessary distraction from a simpler more natural existence..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Greetings..

Falun Dafa tells people that the nature of the universe is Truthfulness, Benevolence and Forbearance.
    Those are contrived concepts based on human experience and preference.. the nature of the universe is what it is, any further categorization confines it to someone's concepts, which invariably conflicts with someone else's.. the universe is far too infinite and simple to be caught up in a phrase or ideology.. Falun Dafa simply asserts someone's beliefs and contrives situations to persuade others to accept this notion as the "only" way.. there is no "only" way, there are as many ways as there are people to travel them..

"We are traveling to where we have always been, from ignorance to enlightenment.. awareness is the vehicle"..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Originally posted by TaiChiBob
    Greetings..

Falun Dafa simply asserts someone's beliefs and contrives situations to persuade others to accept this notion as the "only" way

Read these articles please:
    The main body of the book is composed of 40 vivid cultivation stories presented at various Falun Dafa Experience Sharing Conferences and on other occasions. The editors revised the stories in order to include only the parts relevant to health improvement, in accordance with the topic and the title of this book. However, since health improvement can not be separated from changes of mind nature during cultivation, we purposely kept content in some stories that described improvement in moral character. All the stories represent the situation at the time they were written, which is provided after each story. Of the 40 individuals, 28 of them are currently residing in North America, 5 in Taiwan, 3 in Mainland China, 2 in Australia, and 2 in Europe. The individuals come from a wide range of backgrounds--from a 10-year-old school child to an elderly person over 70, from housewives to highly educated professionals, including engineers and medical doctors. Due to the severe persecution of Falun Gong practitioners by the Chinese government, we did not select many touching stories from China to avoid endangering any practitioners by publicizing their names. The three stories from China included here are already well publicized and are exceptions. The cases are categorized into 11 subgroups according to the characteristics of their illnesses so that the readers can easily locate cases of interest. To facilitate the reader's understanding, a connection between modern medicine and the disease-healing effects obtained from practicing Falun Dafa is discussed in the introduction. A summary of a health survey conducted among more than 10,000 practitioners in Beijing by medical professionals and experts is included to further validate the effect of Falun Dafa cultivation observed by individuals.

Our special thanks should go to those who provided their vivid cultivation stories. Without them this book could not have been produced.

We are grateful to the contributing editors who have helped to review, edit, and proofread our manuscripts. They include:

Zongyi Hu, M.D.

Joshua Li, M.D., Ph.D.

Frank Ye, Ph.D.

Eric Allen.

We are grateful to the many other friends and fellow practitioners who have encouraged and helped us during the process of preparing this volume.

We also wish to express our appreciation to Amy Xia, who designed the cover for the book.

Here please:
    http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/downl...h_preface.html
    Last edited by Juna; 02-08-2015 at 08:41 AM.

Thumbs down No I will not read any more dumb articles from the Falun Daffy webring.

Anecdotal "evidence" has no actual value.

That being said, Falun Gong is still a one-man worship-me cult. No number of deluded MD's is going to change that.

I do know some pretty stupid MD's, they are not all geniuses.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Anyone who claims an exclusive hand on the truth frightens me. Maybe it's because I grew up in a post-tyrannic society where information seeks to be free - but when I look at the most successful Axial age religions and thier 'modern' antecedants like Fa Lun Da Fa, I just shake my head and wonder 'WHY' - why do people feel such a desperate need to feel special, superior to non-beleivers, and desperate to exclude the outsider - and you call them on the latter, you find yourself accussed of it.

Somehow I think these things produce the opposite of the effect promised...

Perhaps the greatest thing given to us by the 500 years of wars Europe fought to seperate religion and politics is the concept that spirituality should be a personal choice, and not a state-sponsored means of controlling the body politic.

You guys scare me, man. I sympathize with having to deal with a tyrannic communist party, but I sympathize with their justifiable fear of religous movements as well. Just look at Chinese history...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

Falun Dafa Cultivation¡¯s Supernormal Alterations to Gene Expression

Falun Dafa Cultivation¡¯s Supernormal Alterations to Gene Expression (FSC-002)

Lili Feng, M.D.Professor of Immunology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA

Preface
    The influence of the mind (also referred to as ¡°spirit¡± or ¡°consciousness¡±) on the physical body is an open field in modern medicine. Recently, more and more pieces of evidence have demonstrated that the mind can alter the physical body in various ways, particularly through the endocrine and immune systems. However, there have been no efforts to try to understand how the mind alters gene expression. Three reasons account for this: First, modern science has difficulty defining and quantifying the mind; secondly, modern science solely focuses on the biological aspects of human body; thirdly, there hasn¡¯t been a group of people with the same spiritual pursuits. Recently, the accomplishments of the human genome project and the widespread application of DNA micron-array techniques have made research in this field possible . Practitioners of Falun Dafa cultivation would make suitable subjects for such research. Their cultivation principles of assimilating into ¡°Zhen-Shan-Ren¡± (Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance) and their practicing ¡°no second cultivation way¡± are the main reasons for us to choose this group of people as our first choice of subjects for the study. We obtained some results that differed noticeably from normal values when we were studying the gene expression in the neutrophils of Dafa practitioners, including: improved immune systems, decreased cellular metabolic rates, and decreased expression of the protein degradation systems. Most interestingly, some of these changes are ¡°two-way¡± alterations, which are beneficial for both sides. In order to further delineate the alteration mechanisms, we will first talk a little bit about the development and limitations of modern science, then further explain the results of our experiment.

This is an article from The First Future Science and Culture Congress, whole article here:
    http://www.pureinsight.org/pi/articl.../5/20/194.html

not going to touch this question with a 10 foot pole
    Bless you

So this is why KFM was blocked for the better part of yesterday!

My opinions on FLG are a matter of public record, I'm not rehashing this d@mn argument again.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Thank you SimonM -- your previous post (other thread) was very enlightening-(as was this one).
    Namo Amitafo Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by Juna
    Please vist www.falundafa.org to understand what Falun gong is.
    One person's terrorist cult is another person's religion. LOL

HU HECKLED ON SOUTH LAWN: 'YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED'
    Thu Apr 20 2006 12:10:16 ET

The arrival ceremony for Chinese president Hu Jintao was interrupted by a protester who appealed to President Bush to stop Hu from 'persecuting the Falun Gong,' a banned religious movement in China.

The woman began shouting from the top of a camera stand located directly in front of Hu and Bush.

'President Bush, stop him from killing'... 'Stop persecuting the Falun Gong,' she yelled... She also shouted in Chinese, 'President Hu, your days are numbered, No more time for China's ruling party.'

The incident occured right after Bush urged Hu to allow Chinese to 'speak freely'. The woman, had a temporary pass with a big 'T' on it, also unfurled a yellow 'Falun Gong' banner.

The woman was taken away by uniformed secret service officers.

Bush leaned over and whispered to Hu, 'You're okay.' Hu, who had stopped talking briefly, then resumed speaking.

On China TV: As Hu was speaking when yells of protesters became audible, the screen went black. When the feed came back the screen once again went black when woman was again heard. During CNN International's post-speech commentary, at mention of south lawn heckler, the screen also went black again. The CNN feed returned when the incident ended.

Here we go again...
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel