Page 11 of 95 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: FALUN GONG/Falun Dafa

We'll all miss you when you develop your Falun Gong to the point where the aliens come and take you away on their spaceship.

Don't forget to write.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

Thumbs up

dwid

Zhong Falun has gotten to him. Study real qigong, from a real master, then let us know about falun gong. Oh, but wait, its energy cultivation us just to high for people like us to understand . Oh, and by the way, repulsive monkey is in my opinion probably the most knowledgeable person regarding TCM on this website.
    Bless you

Greetings..

All things being equal, i went to a Falun Gong seminar to see for myself what was going on.. some movements were quite beneficial and historically valid.. but, the mix and mind-set were counter-productive.. other movements were simply contrary to the thousands of years of quality Qigong history and documented benefits.. Basically, it's a half hour of time each day you can't get back, and the sum of my experiences suggests i can spend it more wisely...

I am no Qigong guru, but i trust my experiences.. and Falun Gong left me doubting its usefulness.. now, i could be wrong and i'll be the first to admit if i am.. i remain open to additional evidence..

Be well...
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Originally posted by TaiChiBob
    Greetings..

All things being equal, i went to a Falun Gong seminar to see for myself what was going on.. some movements were quite beneficial and historically valid..

Re: Excellent, it is up to you to find out. If you don't like it that is up to you. But I don't get this historically valid thing, falun gong was secret up until a decace ago. The seated meditation of Chen Taijiquan is very similar , even with the falun conjoined hands posture. Other styles seated medidtation is very similar

but, the mix and mind-set were counter-productive.. other movements were simply contrary to the thousands of years of quality Qigong history and documented benefits..

Re: How is that? The minset cultivates the highest virtues. What other qigong has made the techniques and inner compassion at that level, and developed in the higher chakra centers that it is in falun gong.

Basically, it's a half hour of time each day you can't get back, and the sum of my experiences suggests i can spend it more wisely...

Re: The same could be said about Taiji. Someone could say you would be better off doing modern sports training, or could even aerobics

I am no Qigong guru, but i trust my experiences.. and Falun Gong left me doubting its usefulness.. now, i could be wrong and i'll be the first to admit if i am.. i remain open to additional evidence..

Re: I trust mine also, and falun gong resembles the best methods I have practiced, and these methods were not always taught in public in the past . Many styles of qigong were only taught to one or a few disciples, and from what I see today in some styles this still seems to be true; that the full system is onlt taught to one disciple. So I don't think you are gonna get anything that's not in falun gong without becoming a indoor disciple of a Master. IMO qigiong is better in many ways ( but not all)
    than neigong or taiji, and falun gong is a complete and advanced form( it does have some nei gong aspects, and the heavenly circuit exercise is exellent for lengthening the tailbone). On the one hand it has powerful exercises, but on the other hand, alot of the hand movements along the acupuncture channels can take some time. If it doesn't agree with your experiences or your body, fine that's your choice and there are other good methods( but not many) , but I just think falun gong is an excellent addition to Taijiquan because while the seated meditation of Chen taijiquan is similar to Falun gong, it is not known by most teachers and falun gong IMO is the real higher level. But it does not make sense that falun gong is stolen or borrowed, because these methods were secret through most of history, even Taiji was secret until Yang Lu Chan learned, and there was still confusion when Chen Fake came out with his chen style.

Be well...

There is a Chen Taijiquan guy who post on EF. On his own website he sells 5 VCD's on Chen Taijiquan. On the second VCD it has Chen Taijiquan seated meditation, and it is very similar to falun gong, yet falun gong is not stolen. His website ishttp:// http://www.taijigongfu.com Buy his VCDs, they are awesome, for the fighting applications but also the seated meditation
    Last edited by backbreaker; 03-24-2004 at 09:52 AM.

Greetings..

I do not make any claims of the origins of Falun Gong, i simply don't know.. the remark about "historically valid" means that some of the movements are consistent with principles that are common to most recognized Qigong sets..

Re: The same could be said about Taiji. Someone could say you would be better off doing modern sports training, or could even aerobics
    Exactly, it's all a matter of preference.. no one's right/no one's wrong.. we will each simply reap the benefits of our efforts.. having been exposed to literally hundreds of Qigong practices, it is my opinion that the majority of the benefit derived is dependent on the intent and attitude of the practitioner.. the wide variety of movements and postures suggests that awareness of movement, intent, and an understanding of principles surpasses the benefit of detailed choreography...

Still, i remain open to contradiction or new evidence.. be well...

thanks taichibob, is the concept of the wheel "falun" exist in any other qigong system?
    it sounds very strange to me.

is it true that they practice with videotapes and recording??
    investing in loss...

yes, the concept is the rotating taiji symbol in the Dao practices,( they will rotate the hands in front of the dan tien, in all directions actually, left/right, front/back, even up/down) Yoga practices have a concept of spinning chakras. There is a master Zhi gang Sha in Vancouver Canada who teaches the mantra of 3396815, san san jiao liu ba yao wu, in his Zhi Neng medicine to spin the energy centers and points. From what I understand Zhi Neng medicine is based on cell vibrations and balance I have not seen a falun in another system but my experience is not in the higher levels for the most part, but I can see that falun gong is related to the best styles. Falun though is seen in the past on both continents of the world so that may be what the historic talk is about. My feeling is that development of the wheel is higher level energy. If they are not spinning a falun they will be spinning the dan energy or a taiji ball in all the centers and points. Some comparitive systems-

Wild goose qigong is very good and is also one of the most popular in china. The theory of neidangong or developing "dan" is similar to falun gong

http://www.ru.ac.za/societies/qi/wildgoose/#move

http://www.chinaqigong.net/english/qgsk/ymj.htm

http://www.ru.ac.za/societies/qi/falungong/index.html

I have been shown some Quan Yin , or qinway qigong but I have not learned it. It was similar to falun gong especially in the palm change sequences. One meditation is called invocation of the masters I think, unless I have my styles mixed up, and has chanting similar to Master Sha's Zhi Neng Medicien, there is the chant " wonggggg, ahhhhh, honggggg" in both

http://www.qinway.org

This style I practice myself and am totally convinced that it is real, because my mental vibration energy changed to an intense super rushing tingling after practicing their pineal wave technique for the first time, instead of the old, mind lead the qi to tingle or vibrate, no this is something else, way beyond. Basically I think of the intense enery rushing and it comes, my feeling is that it flows down from the sky in a long pole or tube , and then flows through my body in paths kind of like a funnel reacting with my bodies energy . I do this all with a thought, don't need to do breathing or exercises, but you have to do them to integrate the very powerful energy ( you thought falun dafa was unreal?) Also it is my feeling that many solo Dao practice forms were originally practiced by 2 people, or even a whole circle. Like why would you move your hands in a microcosmic orbit in front of your body? It's almost like you are doing the microcosmic orbit on someone in fron of you in some Dao qigongs, but are supposed to not have 2 person cultivation, I think they originally did.

http://www.atlantis.to

My impression is that falun gong philosophy is strikingly similar to other buddha( saint) or Tao ( only taught to afew disciples) qigong schools. The foundation of O mei mountain gong , which was the first qigong I learned, was " strengthen the dan to safeguard ones original spirit". Falun gongs purpose is not to make money or gain new "followers" or anything like that, just to be there if you want it. No one should be dragged in if their heart is not in it. That is why they emphasize xinxing and the mental attitude rather than " qi techniques" and complicated levels. You can rewind a tape over and over and go at your own rate. Some groups practice to the falun gong music because it is pleasant, but also because the music carries energy and there are mantras in falun gong with specific vibrations. The practitioners I know say that in a group the practice is strengthened, and the new people will feel the rotating enery in the arms that the experienced practitioners have, like tuning forks tune to each other or something. If it's not for you, that fine also, falun dafa and Master Li are not looking to have the biggest amount of students possible, not at all, and there are other good practices

I think the wheel is a concept in the buddha qigong school, like Taiji in the Dao school. I know a buddha qigong ( Damo gong) that rotates the dantien clockwise and counter, but I wasn't taught that it was a falun, but my feeling is that it is the beginning of a falun. Like a practioner who's third eye is opening may see a huge high towering skyscraper, but peices will be blocked or the vision will be murky of some parts and the top of the building will not be visible. Li Hongzhi claims that there Tibetan Tantra styles with a falun concept. Pretty much all styles will spin the chakras and acupoints, falun or taiji, doesn't matter, different styles same purpose. I think that is alot of what is talked about in master Li's teachings, is what the Dao school equivalent is in the buddha school, which takes alot of knowledge. Cultivating dan( refined energy matter), the real location of tianmu, the immortal embryo( and where it is in both the Dao and buddha school), I can tell you the culivation of the immortal embryo is important in the Dao school styles( wild goose) I have seen, right from from the begginning. In the buddha style I saw , you invoke the master's energy body, and the previous ascended masters enery body to your own, and cultivate it from that in the lower abdomen, or actually the higher centers. So the theory in all qigong is that you create an energy body that grows and grows to be huge eventually, after several years. Falun facilitates this by spinning on it's own. So one specialty of falun gong is that the energy does everything on it's own, which is quite pleasant. But your everyday qigong expert cannot tell you anything about qigong cultivation

I would say Zhi Neng medicine Dong Yi Gong practice is also good, emphasizing internal visualisations and mantra energy. From what I understand Zhi Neng is based on cell vibration and balance

http://www.drsha.com
    Last edited by backbreaker; 03-24-2004 at 06:45 PM.

falun gong is a very good and effective way to cultivate internal prowess...but if you've ever read li hong zhis' book...it tells you that by folowing these methods, if you do it right you should expect to experience some un-culturally unacceptable states...if you don't spin out..you're not doing it right...the excersizes themselves are very good...but because he leaves room for way-laided ness in cultivation, it can get seriously out there....and if you don't do it by that method..it's just not falun right...it's powerful stuff, but unless you were sure of your heart, your mind and your intention...I'd probably not get into it....remember it now law in China to not practice this...is is an official cult and should be treated seriously

take care

Originally posted by blooming lotus
    falun gong is a very good and effective way to cultivate internal prowess...but if you've ever read li hong zhis' book...it tells you that by folowing these methods, if you do it right you should expect to experience some un-culturally unacceptable states...if you don't spin out..you're not doing it right

this is a ridiculous statememt. No offense, but you have obviously been reading the chinese government fake stuff, that is impersonating Li Hongzhi. Or, like other people here, perhaps you learned all your qigong from a Mantak Chia or B.K. Frantziz book. Every thing in Master Li's teachings is about clear mindedness, tolerance, rational thought, contemplation, goodness, oneness, TRUTH COMPASSION and TOLERANCE. Spinning out is not correct in falun dafa

....remember it now law in China to not practice this...is is an official cult and should be treated seriously

take care

I don't care what you say about this...people have lost the plot, died and killed other people from a trip directly relating to practice of falun gong...if you dont have a steardy head, I'm just not recommending it...I don't do hype..just experience...ya feeling me dude???....some folks just aint so sloud ya know, there's alot of really technical information and for some people, especially when you get into the ironskill/supernatural abilty jazz, it's just too much.....the bann is legit

You are a brainwashed moron.

which is why I just passed a three day in-house mental capacity assessment.....good on you

whatever dude...I just think the peeps should know there are risks

backbreaker, i think the falun dafa practice is not realted to yoga, because the yoga aim the press the energy up the crown, there is not wheel concept on the navel chakra

don't care what you say about this...people have lost the plot, died and killed other people from a trip directly relating to practice of falun gong
    do you have link of stories of these?

also, what's strange is that the falun practioner want to go higher, and higher, and there are many level, supperior and inferior, to the end, he will feel superior to the "ordinary person"

the founder also is unclear to what is "enlightenment" and the aim of falun practice....
    investing in loss...

Greetings..

An analogy that i think works well here.. I am an avid hiker and camper, i enjoy finding food in nature.. i might wander through the forest and see many appealing fruits, berries and succulents but only a few are beneficial or edible.. i have studied many hours to be able to discern the beneficial and harmful foods.. i choose carefully my next meal.. So it is with Qigong, somethings can look appealing yet be harmful.. somethings can look disgusting yet taste great and nourish you well... Do your homework... thousands of years of experience cannot be discarded lightly.. likewise, unfamiliar experiences should be evaluated with caution, but evaluated with an open mind..

Qigong is not magic nor mystical.. it is a powerful and healthy aspect of a wholistic approach to maintenance of the total being.. an essential element of the "Three Harmonies" (body, mind and spirit).. Qigong eludes the current ability of science to label and categorize, to observe and quantify.. which causes some to discount its existence.. but remember, 200 years ago science had few clues of the discoveries that have become common knowledge today..

I suggest that rather than accept the beliefs of others, that the minimal risk associated with Falun Gong practice should be experienced.. decide for yourself, i did.. some of it is quite beneficial, some of it is counter to my own beliefs.. i simply choose the beneficial and add it to my quiver of useful practices.. if you fear indoctrination, then by all means avoid it.. the fear of indoctrination suggests that you are not strong enough to avoid it.. the research into history and writings of Falun Gong and Li Hong indicates more agendas than simple health benefits..

Be well..