Page 15 of 95 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: FALUN GONG/Falun Dafa

Universal principles, and the universe follows along as well, as above so below.

a religious concept. Whats above? The moon? I think not. Mars? I'm not for martian law. I think your text is referring to a diety, friend. Thats a religious concept.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

I don't think so. Qi is a similar concept construction, there is qi from above, there is qi from below, each side direction, and even 8 directions, as well as inside too.
    Last edited by intimidation; 05-06-2004 at 03:07 PM.

I think so. Either that or your Falun Dafa talks to little green men. Its universal law, Where did he get it from? Did he make it up or did he borrow it from another religion?
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

CaptinPickAxe

Greetings..

I hope to correct a slight misunderstanding.. Tao simply means the "way" things are.. nothing else.. if we accept the way things are (their "nature), and try to find harmony in our existence among those "things", it is likely we will have a more wholesome life.. quite simply it is a path that seeks to harmonize its existence naturally.. Enlightenment is someones "concept", true Taoists aren't concerned with the concept, only the full and complete experience of living in the present moment..

Granted, there are some Taoist religious cults out there, but they are contrary to the philosophy.. misguided in their understanding.. in reality, we are ALL wayward Taoists in-as-much-as we seek to control nature..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

It is the tradition of the Tao and buddha school qigong. THe universe is in the traditions, read more about it. You are cultivating a giant energy body in space. In Qinyin qigong you cultivate a giant energy body in space. Same for Dao school qigongs, there is north star and big dipper long distance vision gongs, and they are short in duration. So I disagree completey that the qigong of Dao school is not about enlightenment, it is, although the focus IS on conforming to the requirements of it in your life, the practices are concerned with enlightenment plain and simple.

My mistake. I never really completely read through the Tao Teh Ching. However, I know you'll agree, Falun Gong does indeed have religious overtone.

I think of it this way:

Science tells us that once we die we rot thats it. Its survival of the fittest.

I think that anything that stands juxtapose to the proven scientific standard is a Religious Theory.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Qi means universal energy, and universal, means universal. I'm going to go as far as to say if someone does not explain qi as universal, and all directions, they either have a low understanding regardless of years, or doesn't know what they're studying at all.

http://www.meditation-techniques.net...arexercise.htm

Falun is a representation of the universe, so is taji.
    Last edited by intimidation; 05-06-2004 at 04:05 PM.

yeah but falun is a cult backbrea...serious har... Did you think it was not obvious?

Re: CaptinPickAxe

Originally posted by TaiChiBob
    Greetings..

I hope to correct a slight misunderstanding.. Tao simply means the "way" things are..

Be well..
    Oh boy. Someone spent a few minutes in the bookstore and found "enlightenment".

unkokusai

Greetings..

Oh boy. Someone spent a few minutes in the bookstore and found "enlightenment".

Ahhh.. and, how does a pointless comment like that contribute to someone's quest for enlightenment.. is it an example of your own knowledge of compassion, kindness and Tao.. By the way, i didn't find enlightenment at the bookstore.. it's just that the hot chicks hang around the Eastern Philosophy section..

Sure, i've spent time in bookstores, in fact i have an extensive library on the subject.. and i have over 15 years of direct experience with various schools of thought, philosophy and religion relating to Taoism.. i have studied with some gifted Taoist adepts.. One thing is certain, a quest for "enlightenment" is a sure sign that one is uncertain of its "nature".. Enlightenment, whatever that is, is not something you chase after, it is something that emerges from within when you have made room for it in your life.. Tao, or enlightenment is not the product of some contrived ritual.. grand theories and complex rituals hide "simple truths".. Tao is a simple truth.. to the degree we separate ourselves from the obvious "way" of nature, we distance ourselves from a clear understanding of Tao..

Finally, as we toss around the term "enlightenment", can someone define it? What are its qualities, what are the certain signs that someone has it? Philosophically, a Taoist would not be concerned with the acquisition of "enlightenment", they simply cultivate their lives in accordance with their "nature" and the rest takes care of itself..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Re: unkokusai

Greetings..

Ahhh.. and, how does a pointless comment like that contribute to someone's quest for enlightenment.. l..
    Who told you I was trying to contribute to your "quest"?

Sure, i've spent time in bookstores, in fact i have an extensive library on the subject.. and i have over 15 years of direct experience with various schools of thought, philosophy and religion relating to Taoism.. i have studied with some gifted Taoist adepts.. One thing is certain, a quest for "enlightenment" is a sure sign that one is uncertain of its "nature".. Enlightenment, whatever that is, is not something you chase after, it is something that emerges from within when you have made room for it in your life.. Tao, or enlightenment is not the product of some contrived ritual.. grand theories and complex rituals hide "simple truths".. Tao is a simple truth.. to the degree we separate ourselves from the obvious "way" of nature, we distance ourselves from a clear understanding of Tao..

15 years to learn to love your own romantic illusion of yourself?

Good job.

unkokusai,

FYI: TaiChiBob is one of the most respectful and sincere people on these boards. You're really outing yourself as a d!ck by pursuing this.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

Greetings..

Finally, as we toss around the term "enlightenment", can someone define it? What are its qualities, what are the certain signs that someone has it? Philosophically, a Taoist would not be concerned with the acquisition of "enlightenment", they simply cultivate their lives in accordance with their "nature" and the rest takes care of itself..

Be well..
    It's a paradox, you are not attached to enlightenment or striving for it, yet you must be 100% commited to living by the requirements of the tao, along your path. Here it is, the explanation of enlightenment, for real.

http://www.atlantis.to/atlantis-book...-points-of.htm

http://www.atlantis.to/atlantis-book...e-chapters.htm

another article-

http://www.atlantis.to/articles/spir...ightenment.htm
    Last edited by intimidation; 05-07-2004 at 09:38 AM.