Page 43 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: FALUN GONG/Falun Dafa

Anyway, I can't say anything bad about anybody's religion.

BUT, that doesn't mean I have to agree with their religion. Make sense? Everybody I talk to seems utterly convinced beyond any reasonable doubt that their religion is the correct one.

It stands to reason they are not all correct, especially since their beliefs conflict.

Therefore, IMHO, people should keep their religious practice to themselves, and not prosthetylize, and not bother anyone else with their religion, and not try to enforce their religious beliefs onto others (even their own children or immediate family), not try to make their religion a political agenda, not fight with others over religion, or start wars over religion.

Of course, pretty much nobody ever does this. LOL

Anyways, I am going to ignore Falun Gong until they take over the world and are persecuting me. Which likely they will do if they are like any other religion.

There are enough crazy things in the first 20 or 30 pages of the Falun Dafa book that most could see a pattern there.

Governments supporting them...get real...The US supports them in words because it is a tool to get China to agree to other things. It is a tool only. Want to see how far the support goes...do a Falun Gong group in the US heartland with Li on hand to talk his brand of stuff.

Such raging generalizations do nothing to further your ideas or cause. Same with quoting Epoch times.

Such a bore.

Greetings..

As with so many religions, there is this aire of "mystical interpretation".. where only the approved disciples can correctly interpret.. Hogwash! if a religion is valid, it will communicate in simple straightforward manners, not some cryptic metaphorical mumbo-jumbo..

I have read Falun Gong's books.. been to their seminars.. and intuit the lack of validity. Truth is revealed to each of us through our own inherent knowing. Followers of contrived religions (Falun Gong, as one example) deceive themselves with the desire to let others have the responsibility for their existence.. too weak to claim their own birthright as sentient beings with unlimited potential..

Be well...
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

No. It's really not any good at all.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Juna
    Not every one can accept the truth, but every can know Falun Dafa is good to the world.
    No offense to religion, but don't reading stuff like this just make you want to rip your eyes out?

It's this kind of thinking, turn brain off, blindly follow somebody, that allows people like Hitler or Mao to create the kind of movements they do.

You know, I have to say that before I came into this, I thought that Falun Gong was a harmless little group. After this thread and going through their material, IMHO they're just another evil death cult.

In all honesty, I never really understood Faulin Dafa, or it's persecution untill now.

The more i see, the more I realise it's a pretty twisted movement, and I see it's not at all about some estoric, misunderstood Qi Gong practice
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon
    In all honesty, I never really understood Faulin Dafa, or it's persecution untill now.

The more i see, the more I realise it's a pretty twisted movement, and I see it's not at all about some estoric, misunderstood Qi Gong practice
    Are they so ready to attach to some new leader now that China's finally opened up a bit? I guess Mao wasn't enough for them, they just have to follow somebody else.

I am pro religious freedom, but it seems to just create sheep. My own father is so into religion that he's basically nutso. I mean, the second you turn your mind off you just turn into sheeple, like a zombie. Worse than a horror movie because it's real life.

Edit ...

Basically what it seems like is a large portion of the population out there, enjoys persecuting others, and enjoys foisting their beliefs onto others. They just have to follow something, and they just have to make everyone else follow that as well.

Well if you want me to vote for and to support your movement, then you better THINK and use your brain, not just follow people like a blind moron. I'm sure not supporting this FG movement because it's obvious that a) it's wrong and b) it's creating sheeple therefore c) it's dangerous.
    Last edited by neilhytholt; 05-20-2006 at 09:49 PM.

Agreed............................................ .................................................. .........................
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Right on RD and neilhythold.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

vote for me and I will cure your illness that you have gotten from excess and decrease in this world.

It is very simple method involving water and holding your breath for a very long time.

the silence that follows is profound.

It's that, or there is another method where the sun shines on your entrails happily.

so, which will it be?

a or b? there is no other way and it is a happy thing.

Kung Fu is good for you.

Juna,
    Practically ALL Qi Gong helps people improve thier health, and help heal for diseases that might otherwise kill them. Faulin Dafa is nothing special in that reguard. Why would one wish to follow such a movement, and endure pointless persecution, when they can just practice a more main stream form of Qi Gong?

For the Women:

+ = & a

Falun Dafa gives people a healthy body and peaceful mind, and a lot more.[/QUOTE]

juna, you are having troubles on here man. I haven't read all 15 pages(I mean yuo are a little insane), but you are having trouble keeping up with all the critisism. Even the founder simon m who brought this religion to earth says it sucks. Why don't you bring MORE evidnece, not some stupid evil cult website, but how about an actual person, that is if you could possibly find people who can give better comments than the one you just gave up there^
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Quote Originally Posted by jethro
    Even the founder simon m who brought this religion to earth says it sucks.
    What?

Founder? Brought this religion to earth?

Dude what strain of pot are you smoking? And can I have some please?
    Simon McNeil

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM
    No. It's really not any good at all.

sorry man, I know you are kind of embarrassed over this whole falun craze that you started. At least you admit it sucks
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Ok. You've found me out.

I am Li Hongzhi.

See I just wanted a way to keep those **** white english teachers away from the Chinese women because I couldn't get a date so I invented a religion that said it was all an alien plot to steal our boides. I never expected it to go this far.
    Simon McNeil