Page 53 of 95 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: FALUN GONG/Falun Dafa

speaking of libel, would you care to point out which decision it was that the superior court made in august of 2003?

here's all the decisions they made. http://www.canlii.org/on/cas/onsc/2003/08.html

if it was some other court, then you can access all decisions made by the courts by year at that same site and it covers each of the three courts of ontario.

Interestingly enough, there is no archive of the stated letter that sparked the alleged lawsuit at the toronto star.

anyway, it's always helpful, as Ive stated before if youe FACT CHECK and STATE YOUR SOURCE.

freaking cult members.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Juna
    If you trace up, you will find that is the ccp's agents' lies.
    tool
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

here's allthe decisions for feb 2004.
    http://www.canlii.org/on/cas/onsc/2004/02.html

couldn't find it there either.
    can you post the doc link juna?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson
    here's allthe decisions for feb 2004.
    http://www.canlii.org/on/cas/onsc/2004/02.html

couldn't find it there either.
    can you post the doc link juna?
    If you suspect, here is a link:

Victor in libel lawsuit against Chinese diplomat says money never paid
    STEPHANIE LEVITZ

TORONTO (CP) - The man at the centre of a successful libel suit against a Chinese diplomat who described the Falun Gong spiritual movement as a "sinister cult" says he has yet to see a penny in damages.

An Ontario court had ordered Pan Xinchun, China's deputy consul-general in Canada, to pay $11,000 to Joel Chipkar after describing the Falun Gong practitioner as a member of a "sinister cult" in a letter to a Toronto newspaper.

But Chipkar, 36, still hasn't received any money despite another court order earlier this month that Pan's bank account be garnisheed to cover the costs - a sign, he said, that the Chinese government doesn't want to co-operate.

"It's not about the money," Chipkar said in an interview. "It's about the principle of stopping these people attacking people here in Canada."

Chipkar's lawyer, Peter Downard, said the bank - the government-owned Bank of China - has refused to comply with the garnishment order, but won't say why.

"We discovered that the account was empty," Downard said. "Obviously, there has to be a question whether that was a coincidence or not, but we don't know what the facts are."

David Chan, the bank's chief accountant and compliance officer, refused to discuss the case Wednesday.

The next step would be to subpoena Pan to testify about his assets, since the court has already ruled that Pan is not protected by diplomatic immunity, Downard said.

"Our view is that he has no immunity from being required to testify under oath."

In a letter to the court, however, the Chinese government strenuously claimed otherwise, arguing the case represented "an extremely serious issue with potential substantial consequences for the state relations between Canada and China."
    http://www.cp.org/english/online/ful...2072902AU.html

ok, which court and where's the order though?
    and where is the torontostar article you speak of in the posts.

not to mention, this all looks like a trump up for the benefit of teh fg propoganda again.

Bringing suit, not having someone to sue in court and then not being able to serve and order? all very odd don't you think?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson
    ok, which court and where's the order though?
    and where is the torontostar article you speak of in the posts.
    North America - Canada - Falun Gong

"Court seeks diplomat's assets"

by Chris Lackner ("The Globe and Mail," July 29, 2004)

An Ontario court has filed a notice to seize the personal assets of a Chinese diplomat found liable for defaming a Canadian Falun Gong practitioner.

The Ontario Superior Court ruled in February that Pan Xinchun, the Chinese deputy consul-general in Toronto, defamed Falun Gong supporter Joel Chipkar in a letter that appeared April 25, 2003, in the Toronto Star.

Mr. Pan's letter was a response to an earlier letter by Mr. Chipkar that berated the Canadian government for not condemning China's alleged political corruption and human-rights abuses.

Acting on the request of Mr. Chipkar and his lawyer, the Ontario Superior Court issued a Notice of Garnishment against Mr. Pan on July 14. Garnishment allows creditors to secure outstanding debts without a debtor's direct co-operation, through a debtor's financial institution or employer, for example.

"This is not about the money, it's about the principle. . . . It's about accountability and visiting officials here not being able to attack Canadians with impunity," Mr. Chipkar said.

At the February ruling, the presiding judge concluded that Mr. Pan was not acting in his official capacity when he made statements about Mr. Chipkar and was therefore not protected by diplomatic immunity. Mr. Pan did not attend in his defence. The judge awarded Mr. Chipkar $1,000 for the defamation and compensation for his legal fees that amounted to $10,000.

"The immunity of consulate officials -- who are not full diplomats -- is subject to limits within the law," said Peter Downard, Mr. Chipkar's lawyer.

Attempts to access funds in Mr. Pan's personal account at the Bank of China, which is owned by the Chinese government, have been unsuccessful, Mr. Downard said. He added that the bank's Toronto branch informed him there was no money in Mr. Pan's account.

The Bank of China's Toronto branch would not confirm receiving a garnishment notice or whether Mr. Pan even holds an account with the institution. "As a banker, we can't disclose any kind of correspondence in relation to our customers," said David Chan, the bank's chief accountant and compliance officer.

The defamation case against Mr. Pan prompted the Chinese government to release a statement on Mar. 12 through Toronto-based law firm Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg: "Mr. Pan was protecting the interests of PRC [the People's Republic of China] in Canada, and acting on the instructions of PRC to respond to an attack. . . . Mr. Pan was acting in the exercise of consular functions and is thus immune from Canadian courts' jurisdiction."

Inquiries made yesterday to both the Chinese Consulate-General in Toronto and Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg were met with no response.

Mr. Downard said his client could serve Mr. Pan notice to attend a judgment-debtor examination to explain his lack of payment and disclose any assets he may hold.

According to its post-ruling statement, China made numerous unsuccessful requests to the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade to intervene in the case and clarify Canada's position on consular immunity. "This is an extremely serious issue . . . with potential substantial consequences for the state of relations between Canada and China."
    http://www.wwrn.org/article.php?idd=9004&sec=25&con=5

DAVID KILGOUR: I'm surprised because just about everyone who has read it from Europe, from Brussels to Berlin to Paris to London that I've spoken to is persuaded any reasonable person reading the report would think that we are right. As you know, we give 18 different kinds of evidence. Mostly the most convincing, as you know, is the people in these institutions telling us, essentially, that they have Falun Gong prisoners ready and available to be harvested and we give websites in China telling people who can come and have organ transplants within a week. We give, for example, today I was... a resident of Canberra, Chen Yang, was telling us how she was treated abominably while she was in a work camp, but only the Falun Gong prisoners were examined carefully medically, with blood tests, their computer-assisted blood transplants. From the 18 kinds of evidence we looked that the case is simply overwhelming. As terrible as this is, that this is happening on a large scale in many locations in China.

http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/conte...6/s1715849.htm

Evil ccp

China: Bu Dongwei - Prisoner of Conscience

Bu Dongwei, also known as David Bu, was assigned to two-and-a-half years’ “Re-education through Labour” (RTL) on 19 June in connection with his activities as a member of the Falun Gong spiritual movement. He is detained at an undisclosed location, and Amnesty International considers him to be a prisoner of conscience. He is at serious risk of torture or ill-treatment.
    http://www.amnesty.ca/take_action/ac...bu_dongwei.php

evil ccp

I think you are trying to tell me the CCP is evil. I could be mistaken though.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

[/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    I think you are trying to tell me the CCP is evil. I could be mistaken though.
    Yes, but not enough.

If a person teasing at the victims of the evil, and giving the space for the evil's existence. Not good.

European Parliament Resolution Urges Major Chinese Reforms

The European Parliament adopted a resolution Friday expressing alarm over a range of Chinese economic, foreign policy, environmental, and human rights issues, including the forced removal of organs from imprisoned Falun Gong practitioners.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/news/6-9-9/45824.html
    Last edited by Juna; 02-08-2015 at 09:42 AM.

wtf is wrong with you juna?

watch this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a15KgyXBX24
    Last edited by David Jamieson; 09-16-2006 at 07:47 AM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Dude, you cannot incite change, it's hard enough to even try to inspire it. Be the change in teh world that you want to see an ddon't worry about others so much. One can have compassion without owning.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I don't know what an individual conscience has to do with spreading propaganda.
    Or throwing out what you think is right and trying to convince everyone else of it.
    Do the rightthing as you are able. Don't expect others to buy into what you have to say. Particularly not when what you are peddling has been held suspect all too many times before.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

International Religious Freedom Report 2006

International Religious Freedom Report 2006
    Released by the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor

The constitution provides for freedom of religious belief and the freedom not to believe; however, the Government seeks to restrict religious practice to government-sanctioned organizations and registered places of worship and to control the growth and scope of activities of religious groups. The Government tries to control and regulate religion to prevent the rise of groups that could constitute sources of authority outside of the control of the Government and the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). Nonetheless, membership in many faiths is growing rapidly.

During the period covered by this report, the Government's respect for freedom of religion and freedom of conscience remained poor, especially for religious groups and spiritual movements that are not registered with the Government. Unregistered religious groups continued to experience varying degrees of official interference and harassment. Members of some unregistered religious groups were subjected to restrictions, including intimidation, harassment, and detention. Unregistered religious groups were pressured to register with government organs and government-sanctioned "patriotic" religious associations linked to the five main religions--Buddhism, Islam, Taoism, Catholicism, and Protestantism.

Religious practice and worship in officially sanctioned and unregistered places of worship continued to grow throughout the country, as did the number of religious believers. The extent of religious freedom varied widely within the country. For example, officials in the Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region (Xinjiang) tightly controlled religious activity, while elsewhere in the country, Muslims enjoyed greater religious freedom. Followers of Tibetan Buddhism, including in the Inner Mongolian Autonomous Region and Tibetan areas of the country (see separate appendix), also faced more restrictions on their religious practice and ability to organize than Buddhists in other parts of the country. In most areas of the country, religious believers could worship without difficulty in officially approved venues. The Government in some locations built new places of worship to accommodate increasing numbers of religious believers.

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/irf/2006/71338.htm
    Last edited by Juna; 02-08-2015 at 09:43 AM.

I am of the thinking that touting a false prophet as truth will lead to regret, but hey, tomato, tomato right?

you're persistent. so far your only redeeming virtue. Too bad you're so absorbed with such a pack of nutcases, frauds and general strangeness.

cest la vie.
    Kung Fu is good for you.