Page 83 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1411

Thread: FALUN GONG/Falun Dafa

why are you such a negative nancy

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

You know what else is anecdotal?

Psychology.

I think you mean psychiatry. Lots of good science in psychology but, you are right, Freud was a hack who wouldn't understand the scientific method if it kicked him in the fork and Jung was more a philosopher than any sort of scientist.

Psychiatry and psychology and (may have the term wrong here but here goes...) psychopharmacology are very different disciplines.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I'll take truth and reality as my source font.
    I see what you did there.

That would be a very funny joke if it weren't so grandiose.

Not some write up by old semi-illiterates.
    orly?
    Because you're such an esteemed master of language arts?

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    Various forms of noi-gung can open up ones perceptions and awareness, sometimes too much.
    This is called jow faw yup moor.

The issue is not rooted in Open Up or too much.

The issue is know for thousand of years that ---

any internal practice if it is not follow the following keys will lead into problem.

the three core keys of practice are

1, loosing up physical body
    2, entering into silence in mind, meaning just know and not intend to do what.
    3, following the rythm of the natural. the Qi has its own balance flow, not to mess around with.

The bottom line of all Qigong or internal practice is just

1, loose up the physical so that natural taken over its corse.
    2, quiet down the mind to one thought or no thought so that the nervous system taken over running a natural corse.

Even with the moving internal art and not in sitting or standing meditation.

The above 3 keys and two bottom line is the bottom line of bottom line.

in the western sense, this is just the practice of surender one's body and mind to God and awaken the soul. and then the Grace of God ( Qi or prana) fill in and transform one's body and mind. or in the Zen sense, Let Go.

What happen is some Qigong practitioner never have a holisitic instruction and also doesnt attain the Loose and Silence up to a certain level; but jump into trying to manipulate Qi or playing with visualization or mind's operation. since mind is a machine of creation, one creates lots of trouble. also if the body is not loose up to a certain level the body is bias and that cause more bias operating it in high energy.

Not to mention, the qigong practitioner knowing not that all the manipulation act of body and mind is just for the purpose of helping and supporting surrender one's body and mind to awake the soul and let the natural/God take care of all things. That is because mind is just a limited machine which is very narrow and easy confuse. one needs to let the mind goes instead of it becomes a GOD of Control.

So, they thought they can control stuffs, mind over matter.....etc. that get them into the path of playing God and finally trap inside their own mind.

The Shurangama sutra has a volume which describe all sort of side track as above.
    if any one interested in doing meditation and knowing all the possible states.

So, to be really simple, the whole concept of Qigong is just LET GO and LET GOD Be. or Surrender.

Different Qigong type, if it is a holistic one is just a way of surrendering with aids from a certain technics. and then let go the technics.

That is not different then prayer. prayer is just surrendering with another type of technics.

Serious stuffs and if remember the above then you are mostly in a proper path. if the person who teaches you Qigong or Noigong doesnt have a view parallel with the above common sense key points in Qigong or Noigon practice. Dont do it.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-09-2011 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    why are you such a negative nancy
    That's Nelly.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    You know what else is anecdotal?

Psychology.
    Actually much of science suffers from poorly designed experimental protocols.

That's Nelly.
    You are thinking of Nervous Nelly!

Honest question

I respect that you have decided to disregard the collective experience of everyone who came before you. That is okay, perhaps you will find something new that no one else has. Someone has to be first. But it seems that instead of respecting my point of view and the point of view of Chinese culture, you are disrespecting it and trying to win. I really wonder what it is that you are trying to win and what you are hoping to feel by winning it.

Where are the double blind studies that qi gong works? I'm not the one searching, you are. You can choose to look, to ignore or to preach. Are you in search of knowledge or winning? It seems that you are after the latter, but I'm afraid you may lose out on a lot in the long run if you continue to use this attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Actually much of science suffers from poorly designed experimental protocols.
    Sadly true. But at least other people are watching for it.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Simply taking the time to introspect on a regular basis can open one up to new awareness as well. It doesn't take Qi Gong, or Meditation techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    I think you mean psychiatry. Lots of good science in psychology but, you are right, Freud was a hack who wouldn't understand the scientific method if it kicked him in the fork and Jung was more a philosopher than any sort of scientist.

Psychiatry and psychology and (may have the term wrong here but here goes...) psychopharmacology are very different disciplines.
    No, I mean psychology.

What are you? A Scientologist?

im taking psychology course for school and its total bullsh1t. zero science involved

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Heavens no. They're almost as annoying a cult as the Falun Gong are! But that doesn't change the fact that classical psychiatry isn't strongly grounded in experimentation.
    Simon McNeil

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    im taking psychology course for school and its total bullsh1t. zero science involved
    Yeah! All surveys and bell curves!