Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wanna see a fight?

I bet the black dude broke his hand if not his wrist as well. He landed a ton of punches to the white kid's skull.
    Let your heart wear the crown, not your head.

Talking

o good stuff, good stuff! i like to watch funny video's like this b/c it does bring up a good point someone eluded to earlier, trainin...

whether ur a good western boxer, thai boxer, chinese boxer, college freestyle wrestler, BJJ practioner, etc... if u train properly, it will better prepare u to react to somethin like that(and yes i speak from experience on both sides of the spectrum). i would have to agree w/ truewrestler that the black guy woulda prolly taken out over 50% of the general MA community, however, i would attribute that to the fact that most people don't train for a "fight" like that, not b/c they don't have any grapplin skills.

quite honestly, that coulda been over before they hit the ground(and then got back up ) had one person had good enough timin(and not been so stupid to be so close) as the white dude gave the big obvious haymaker from a mile away. a well-timed, rooted, powerful and quick onslaught woulda done that, but since most don't train like that, situations like these continue to prove that MOST people don't train to fight! (tsk-tsk)

ATTN KFO: yes, i am a light-skinned black guy! i'm finally comin outa the closet... so yes, i do get a bit amused when i'm walkin through a mall and caucasion people grip their belongings tight around me, or pull their child to walk on the other side of the walkway, or any other ambiguous responses caused by a fear triggered by stereotype.. but hey, IT HAPPENS! however, this is hardly the place to discuss stuff like this.. plus i jus think of it more like, who cares?? and i continue to move on as i do every day..
    "Pride builds walls between people; Humility builds bridges."- R. Warren

I used to get similar reactions when I had dreadlocks.

Im goin to bed.
    Peace.

Thumbs up one more good point to mention...

Originally posted by Raatra
    I bet the black dude broke his hand if not his wrist as well. He landed a ton of punches to the white kid's skull.
    ur right, cuz noone TOLD him that the skull is the worst place to strike someone barehanded and he apparently never TRAINED that seriously. the average person doesn't even know how to throw a single proper punch w/o injure the hand/wrist/eblow/shoulder, much less utilize the waiste, hip, body, root(no internals here yet). how many true MA's actually even condition they're weapons and the structure that supports them? lack of conditionin will also leave u on ur @$$ if not trained properly. honestly, no more than 2-3 well-rooted, -placed,-time and rapid strikes(includin, kicks, knees, elbows) shoulda done the trick. if anyone can stand after i give them a few solid hits like that(and i ain't talkin some pu$$y-@$$ strikes!), then i revert back to the most basic thing i learned as a novice-to have fast feet to run! (maybe this kid should tried that first)
    "Pride builds walls between people; Humility builds bridges."- R. Warren

Last edited by turbo76; 06-02-2004 at 01:12 PM.

That video displays the reason for Iron Palm and wrist conditioning. That fool hit him and kicked him and didn't even break skin...pathetic

yes
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

very
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

I remember seeing a fight clip years ago between a group of five or six against one. I assume it was halloween because the gang was dressed up as skeletons and they jumped this guy dressed as a shower or something. They beat him good. Towards the end of the fight they had to hold him up to keep beating him. Well some asian dude jumped in at the last minute and stopped the fight though. I think that guy used to be an extra on Lavern and Shirley or Happy Days years ago.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

wow

someone's padding his post count.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Padding it makes it oh so soft and cushy though.
    Like downey freshness.

Someone posted this clip almost a year ago - it's of RD and I at the last SC seminar. I'll try to find the thread.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

sorry, was just really bored

Not a fight? How many would be running home to post about the "fight" they just got in and how their skills saved their a$$ if it had been them?

Truewrestler, if you think a MA couldn't have cleaned that up real quick you have to start choosing better sparring partners ... no control, no power, no technique. What makes you say that? That he was black and wearing a dew rag? That guy was a skinny little $hit who went on a punching spree. He overwhelmed his apponant. Did a good job of keeping the pressure on, but come on.

That guy could maybe beat a form practicing hobbyist, but I don't consider them "martial artists."

Goes to class to socialize, be involved in asian culture, tell friends he does kung fu: hobbyist.

Trains, pounds it out, trades lots of blows; thinks that doing it harder and faster is the key: fighter

Has gained experince, refined his/her technique, and realise that mechanics and connections are the source of power, and continues to delve into that: martial artist.