Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Body Conditioning

Body Conditioning

What types of excersises do you guys do for body conditioning? What exactly does your iron palm regimen consist of?(if you practice iron palm)
    Last edited by Shaolin-Do; 09-13-2003 at 12:13 AM.

Not an iron palm man, but I can list what my conditioning routines are like. I am literally in the best shape of my life (5'8, 167 pounds and about 9% bodyfat and falling...)

My routines consist of daily bodyweight conditioning and cardio plus a healthy diet. I rest one day a week, where I do no workout, and eat what I want.

I spend about an hour or two a day doing hindu pushups, hindu squats, neck bridging, handstand pushups, pull ups, chin ups, weighted sit ups, bicep curls, bench press.

I average about 70-130 Hindu pushups a day (depending on intensity on that day).

I average about 200-400 Hindu squats a day (depending on intensity)

I usually bridge for about 1-3 minutes.

Pull ups and chins are usually in the 45 rep catagories (3 sets of 15)

I average about 30-40 handstand pushups (which get hard)

I work both upper and lower abs with weighted crunches as well as vaccums, etc.
    all together I average about 240 weighted crunches. (I use a pyramid program with weighted crunches)

My max bench is about 300 pounds.

I also use a pyramid with bicep curls, etc.

I eat 6 meals a day and they consist of usually protein shakes, tuna, chicken breasts/salads, cottage cheese with fruit, vegetables, etc.

And 3 days a week I do a muay thai shadowboxing routine for about 30-40 minutes first thing in the morning.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

Ryu, thats a pretty impressive training regime...

As far as conditioning go, I do some pushups, crunches etc.. but for like forarm and hand/iron palm etc.. I get a lot of that from blocking drills and from hitting a phone book on top of a bunch of cynder blocks.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Have you ever tried any iron body type conditioning?
    "In choosing your dwelling, know how to keep to the ground.
    In cultivating your mind, know how to dive in the hidden depths.
    In dealing with others, know how to be gentle and kind.
    In speaking, know how to keep your words.
    In governing, know how to maintain order.
    In transacting business, know how to be efficient.
    In making a move, know how to choose the right moment.
    If you do not strive with others, you will be free from blame."
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching
    An eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

3 to 4 times a week I will hit shot filled canvas bags for hand conditioning.

100 times each: palm,backhand,knife edge,leopord fist
    x 3 sets

then with an iron body tool hit: all leg areas,upper and lower, back, chest, forarms inside and out, stomach.
    x 36 times x 3sets

3star blocking whenever in class
    heavy bag w/o gloves
    hit own knuckles
    hit forarms together
    practice one finger though card board boxes
    practice phoenix eye througg card board boxes

thats the conditioning for me
    Bryan Davis

some times knuckle push ups
    finger push ups
    leopord fist push ups
    wrist push ups
    Bryan Davis

wtf?
    My hand smells like p*ssy.

Strange...

TTT
    Yeah, thats a very impressive training schedule... Cant say I do quite that many push ups...
    I do pyramid power sets to help with stamina...(bicep curls)
    30 lbs - 15 reps, 10 push ups
    10 reps, 10 push ups
    8 reps, 10 push ups
    Same with 20 lbs,
    10 lbs do 50 excrutiatingly slow curls, 10-25 more pushups, depending on how I feel.
    (yes thats only a small part of my training... )
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching

I use aloa vera for body conditioning, and if i'm at the beach coppertone .

regards.

What about herbs?! your in jamaica mon!
    Good organic herbs afoot there...
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching

I eat as much greasy fast food as possible to maintain the layer of fat all around my body for absorbing blows.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Originally posted by Ryu

^ Oh, you did NOT just say that.

Wait, you never visit the training forum do you. Ok, I'll give you the brief lecture then:

1. The rectus abdominus is one muscle. The six-pack design results from tendons stretched over the surface. It is not 6 muscles.

2. When a muscle contracts, either the whole thing contracts, or none of it contracts. In other words, you cannot work one part of a muscle more than another part. Therefore, you cannot work "upper" abs or "lower abs," because the muscle is either contracting uniformly or not at all.

3. Anyone who says otherwise is full of **** and hasn't done their research. Yes, you will read in many books and magazines how to work your "upper" and "lower" abs, but absolutely any source that publishes something like that is wrong. Remember this when judging what someone says or when evaluating a book, or even when listening to your instructor (a lot of martial arts instructors are the worst when it comes to fitness and anatomy).

Ok, now that you realize the error of your ways, you can go back to training

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

LOL
    Settle down settle down. I'm aware that spot reduction is a myth. I simply do what is giving me results. (Most of my "6 pack" look right now though is mostly from cardio and the amount of body fat I'm carrying.)

I also work my hip flexors.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

Originally posted by Ryu
    Not an iron palm man, but I can list what my conditioning routines are like. I am literally in the best shape of my life (5'8, 167 pounds and about 9% bodyfat and falling...)

My routines consist of daily bodyweight conditioning and cardio plus a healthy diet. I rest one day a week, where I do no workout, and eat what I want.

I spend about an hour or two a day doing hindu pushups, hindu squats, neck bridging, handstand pushups, pull ups, chin ups, weighted sit ups, bicep curls, bench press.

I average about 70-130 Hindu pushups a day (depending on intensity on that day).

I average about 200-400 Hindu squats a day (depending on intensity)

I usually bridge for about 1-3 minutes.

Pull ups and chins are usually in the 45 rep catagories (3 sets of 15)

I average about 30-40 handstand pushups (which get hard)

all together I average about 240 weighted crunches. (I use a pyramid program with weighted crunches)

My max bench is about 300 pounds.

I also use a pyramid with bicep curls, etc.

I eat 6 meals a day and they consist of usually protein shakes, tuna, chicken breasts/salads, cottage cheese with fruit, vegetables, etc.

And 3 days a week I do a muay thai shadowboxing routine for about 30-40 minutes first thing in the morning.

Ryu
    Hey son, whats up

Listen, how you do all that?

I mean, sometimes i stay at uni 14 hours straight. How you able to find your time?

Dont mind if i dont remember how to write the days of the week in english

Monday: wake up at 6:20am - do stuff, move to uni - back home near 11pm
    The day after Monday: 6:20am - home at 7pm
    The dya after the day after Monday: 6:20am - 7pm
    The day after the day after day after Monday: same as Monday
    Friday: Nothing, YAY!
    Saturday and Sunday: One of this days there is weekedn training for like 3 hours.
    Of course on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays there can also be parties OR i can travel to my brother.

During the week im supposed to have 2 trainings of 2 hours but i havent been able to show up
    Volcano has removed himself from this realm
    Account is hijacked, email is fake, password is unrememberable
    No im not drunk or sad

"cos im the TAXMAN!!
    yeah im the TAXMAAAN!!"

Hey Xeb,
    Well I understand the busy schedule. To be perfectly frank, it comes down to a priority issue. Since I'm teaching, I want and need to be in the best shape I can be in, and constantly keep my skills sharp and my body strong. So I make time for myself everyday to schedule my meals, do my workouts, etc.

I also am attending University, and will be graduating soon. I usually pack meals for myself that I can eat during the day, and since I have classes spread out through the day, I can come home and work out for a good hour or two.
    At night I'll go over more technical things and usually teach and spar, etc. on weekends.

The workout I described above can be done in just under an hour. So if you can find at least an hour or so a day where you can just be by yourself this routine can be done.

If you're stuck at school for an hour or two alone, try renting out a gym room, etc.

But again it really comes down to priority. I also hang out with friends, etc. But my training comes first and foremost. It's just what I have dedicated myself to.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

This is Jeet Kune Do....

I should add that this routine can be split up too.

Say some days you work on just Hindu pushups, Hindu squats, and bridging..........other days you can work pull ups, handstand pushups, situps, etc.

You can vary the excercises on any given day, and you don't have to perform every single one in one training session. Though when you do it's a hell of a workout.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

This is Jeet Kune Do....