Thread: Is kung fu cut out for NHB?

8stepsifu Guest

Is kung fu cut out for NHB?

YEP!!!

http://www.8step.com/news/news31.html

ALSO- Pick up the July Issue of blackbelt

Take the world lightly, and your spirit will not be burdened. Consider everything minor, and your mind will not be confused. Regard death and life as equal, and your heart will not be afraid.

MonkeySlap Too Guest

Alright!

So - what kind of challengers did he face?

Is his background exclusively 8 step?

I'm kinda depressed, I have a student I was hoping would be the 'first' CMA guy.

Oh well, I hope he makes it through the big leagues.

I am a big beleiver in luck. The more I work, the more luck I have.

8stepsifu Guest
    he fought using what he learned in 8 step.

Prior to that he lived in Japan and was a blackbelt in Aikido.

He's very strong for his size, lean and has an excellent understanding of waist movement.

Take the world lightly, and your spirit will not be burdened. Consider everything minor, and your mind will not be confused. Regard death and life as equal, and your heart will not be afraid.
    Pick up the July Issue of blackbelt

old jong Guest

Is kung fu...?

Why not!...A kung fu man would have to train for that; learn to counter the take down so he would not look at the guy coming with a blank stare in his eyes and punch instead!...He would have to learn not to be taken in the other guy world.These things can be done.It is just a matter of adaptation and training,lots of training!

C'est la vie!

8stepsifu Guest
    takedowns and groundfighting aren't new for us. We actively do them and know how to counter them. In fact we have many traditional "throws" that wrestlers would call takedowns. If fact many of our sets applications involve takedowns.

We do drills where one guy is strictly striking/boxing. and the other guy just tries to take him down any way possible.

Also, there are quite a few fighters from that school that pound on each other all the time. Thats where I graduated from. We spend lots of time on the mats and standup, while staying true to the art. We've had wrestlers, submission fighters and kicboxers come in to spar us, and we use them till they either join or leave.

The least of those guys is no easy match.

Keep in mind that they are training via harsh, traditional excersizes. Traditional chi building endurances and physical training.

Pick up the July Issue of blackbelt

old jong Guest
    I get your message 8stepsifu!...It is true that many styles of kung fu like your's are already "armed" in that matter! Mine as you know needs to be adapted or at least be prepared to counter these kinds of attacks. ;)

C'est la vie!

MonkeySlap Too Guest
    Any footage of the fight available?

I am a big beleiver in luck. The more I work, the more luck I have.

walkthecircle Guest

internal style

I would like to see a pure internal stylist enter one of these competitions.

Has anyone seen that happen? Besides reading about them in history books.