Thread: Yang Lu Chan's Style

Yang Lu Chan's Style

Who else is studying this style?

I also have another question.

After how long of practicing should one be able to feel chi circulate in their body?

Thanks!
    Shut up and train.

LUEsers unite

hey

you practise Yang Lu-chans style? does your school have a website?

as for feeling chi circulate in my body...
    dunno I am a tai chi noob

although i hear with yellow bamboo you just need to buy the video for this

Hey. There are several different "Yang Lu Chan style"s. Can you tell us more about what you're studying?
    "Duifang jing zhi meng ji, wo fang tui zhi ce fang xi zhi."

Yang Lu Chan style = Yang Tai Chi.

Or do you mean that you practice what soe claim to be the original forms as practiced by Yang Lu Chan.

Yang Lu CHan did not leave any written record of his forms, nor is known why he made changes to the forms he learned at the Chen Village.

All his students & sons practiced the forms slightly different or choose to preserve only a certain aspect of what they were taught.

IMHO, we cannot know what forms YLC really did or why he mae changes that he did, all we can do is look at the different forms in Yang TJQ and speculate.

Not that it should really matter as long as the TJQ principles are upheld the form should not matter.

Cheers.
    Witty signature under construction.

No I mean Yang Tai Chi Ch'uan. It's just that some people have asked me to call it Yang Lu Chan's style before.
    Shut up and train.

LUEsers unite

Cool. I study Yang style too. What kind of Yang style do you practice? There are so many different variations.

You won't just magically start to feel your qi circulate after a certain amount of time. Maybe it's possible, but it would be a very round-about way of doing it. If your teacher teaches you how to circulate your qi then you'll start to feel it. If he vaguely tells you that you'll start to feel it circulating after while, then chances are you won't get it or you'll trick yourself into thinking you have it.
    "Duifang jing zhi meng ji, wo fang tui zhi ce fang xi zhi."

Actually I'm a student of Shaolin Do ( I don't want to start a flame war or anything so lets just leave it at that) but I think it's a more simplified variation, not exactly sure which one. I know that we have 24, 64, and 108 posture forms along with a straight sword form. That's all I really know of it so far, I've only actually done Tai Chi for about 3 months now. So far though, I'm loving every moment of it. I'm not quite done with the 24 form, but it's just as easily applied to a fight as a Lohan Ch'uan form. And that's a good thing Anyway, I'm finding it VERY beneficial to my stadard external training. That's another good thing. I love Yang Tai Chi Ch'uan.
    Shut up and train.

LUEsers unite