Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Martial arts as an business

Martial arts as an business

(ChitownMantis bowing in to all)

Hello, I have not been on the post for an while but my passion for the arts still burns. (I call it that because that's what it is to me;not just the "martial arts") And I just wanted feedback first on if someone ppppppppppplease knows of an good Gung Fu school in Jacksonville FL. (Yeah, I know Jacksonville) Next what would be the best way to turn the arts into an business without comprising the art form. I would like an envirnoment that it is still filled with traditional aspects,like the actual names of the forms in the orginial translation,understanding the characters,traditional weapon forms,etc. But also I think there is some use for the comptemporary ascept also. I think one can acceive traditional arts in an modern world.

(ChitownMantis bowing out)

Sorry for the misspells in advance

You don't train any MA but wanna open up a school?
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

I have trained in an art. Please read again for an clear understanding please. I am not saying that I am an Gung fu master, I am asking for input. I you have some please I would love for you to respond, if not please keep your comments for someone else. Thank you

(Chitownmantis bowing out)

Originally posted by Kristoffer
    You don't train any MA but wanna open up a school?
    Not the first time that it happened.

On another forum some time ago, a Guy bought a Dojo, signed on and than asked tons of questions on how to print certs, get a teacher, run the place, etc.

Don't you know that owning a Dojo/Kwoon is the new money making venture and you can even franchise of the original dojo/kwoon.

Witty signature under construction.

Any way you need not know martial arts, to make as an business but I would help that you do. You might find that the dojo or studios that are out their are not owned by ma practicitioners. It would be an business like any thing else.

jah know staar what a cold breddah

Don't you know that owning a Dojo/Kwoon is the new money making venture and you can even franchise of the original dojo/kwoon.
    lol..
    yeah I guess so. Just wanted to check if that was the case with this guy.

Any way you need not know martial arts, to make as an business
    You do have to know martial art if you wanna teach it yourself but I guess your bright enough to understand that. Good luck with your school. You might wanna talk to real dojos/kwoons insted of posting on the internet.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Thank you for you insight. And I understand why you done that and its cool. But what I studies and I am not talking about just punches and kicks, the arts are that much more and I am sure you are an skilled ma student but I the definition of the martial arts impiles that how you cook you eggs in the morning is an martial art, oragamy( making those paper swans) would be an martial art.

And that I feel is the beauty of it

As an matter of fact their is an thread on Kung Fu forum, "what is kung fu" that is very good you should read it

I know what the term gong fu means, but thank's for the tips

No , the name of the article is Called "what is kung fu". I use Gong Fu because my sifu told me that was the correct way to say it

Originally posted by ChitownMantis
    No , the name of the article is Called "what is kung fu". I use Gong Fu because my sifu told me that was the correct way to say it
    Not in Cantonese
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Could you post a link to the "What is Kung Fu artical"?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I think one can acceive traditional arts in an modern world.
    Of course and it's simple, enjoy and even respect the traditions but don't become a slave to the traditions.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

I totally agree with you rogue, that what I what to accomplish for the future.

actual royal dragon that was an mistake it was this one really http://www.kungfuloung.com.tw/for4.htm but that one was insightful too.