Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bagua Vs. Bagua Fight Clip

Bagua Vs. Bagua Fight Clip

This is different. You dont see any internal arts fighting very often in tournaments. Feel free to comment on anything about them, however dont start off by saying that "Raatra, you suck. Do you think you can defend yourself with that smut?" The answer is no, i have no ties to anyone in the video and do not study bagua. I just thought you guys would want to see it.

http://chikungintl.com/images/BaguaFight.mpeg
    Let your heart wear the crown, not your head.

Angry

Thanks a lot Raatra, you know I posted this for the emptyflower crowd. Now my site is gonna get socked with the bandwidth. Oh well, view it quick cause it's coming down soon.
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

count, can you keep it on your website a few hours longer? I am at school right now and I want to view it, however they will not permit me to download it here (lack of programs on the PC plus restrictions) so I gotta wait a couple hours to get home.
    I have a signature.

Originally posted by PHILBERT
    count, can you keep it on your website a few hours longer? I am at school right now and I want to view it, however they will not permit me to download it here (lack of programs on the PC plus restrictions) so I gotta wait a couple hours to get home.
    Should have bought a MAC, No prob, it will be there for a day or so.
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

Wow, sorry. I saved it to my hard drive and can get someone to host it probably here in an hour. So it will be back if you guys need it.

Count,

Is that an actual match? Or a demo?

If it's the former, that's very cool. Even if it's the latter, it's cool. But if it's an actual match, that's something for kung fu naysayers to mull for a while.

Stuart B.
    When you assume, you make an ass out of... pretty much just you, really.

2 man set....
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

It could be a 2 man set, but its not impossible to be a sparring match. I mean i have looked like that sparring someone of my own style.

Looked like sparring to me. I like how the one guy tries a kick, gets knocked over, comes back and tries another kick, this time he knocks the other guy down.

Definitely a 2 man set, a good one though. Way to obvious and clean to be a match.
    "Information is power"

www.Boston-Kickboxing.com

My opinion is this a choreographed set. Still a good one. It shows some good bagua methods ie: kick defense, spiraling energy, good strikes. It's what we go for in our sparring except for the "stick to the circle walking" showmanship. Check out the push hands video too at blacktaoist's site
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

Thumbs up

cool

OBVIOUSLY choreographed. But very nicely done!
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

It would be cool if it was free sparring, but it looked like a demonstartion/2 man set to me. Very nicely done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Thumbs up Short Strike Protocol

The clip would be traditionally known as SanShou (the really stuff not the lace up the gloves slug fest), Sanda, Shoufa, or Duanda. It is a protocol to really apply the lessons in Kung Fu.

This is similar in what we train in CCK TCPM except that we use mantis techniques instead of the Bagua ones.

I believe for demonstration purposes, these two could have agreed on the techniques that were used. Other than that they are going at it in real speed and force. I don't think it is a prearranged set per se. There is no doubt that the combinations are specific but it doesn't make it a form (not that you can't make it as a form). I also believe that concept of combinations in TCMA is not fully understood by all. Some might think they can relate to it but until they actually try it, they won't be able to see the full capacity of TCMA combinations. This is why some people would cry foul saying this look too polished. I must say though this is a demo only. If either partner is not skill enough, you definitely going to see coughing blood (the kick to the chest) and broken bones (the falls). That's the different between TCMA and the so-called martial sports. We don't necessarily want to see blood to appreciate true and good skill. BTW, they are going in rounds except the rounds are very short (one combo). Pretty much each breaking up is counted as a round. It could be longer if there is counter to the combination but obviously for demo purposes the counters are not shown.

Try not to judge this with your normal martial sports mentality and see good clean techniques as they are. This is definitely a good format to sample the true flavor of a Kung Fu style.

Good clip

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum