Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: paulie zink and the tai shing pek kwar family conflict

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    One of my hing-dai knew Zink in CA...
    So, your argument is not based on personal knowledge, but secondary knowledge which is simply hearsay evidence to us.

One of my hing-dai knew Zink in CA, my hing-dai went to HK and trained with Chan Sau Chung...he brought the books to Zink (Zink had asked for them and paid my hing-dai for them) ...
    So Zink, who you claim knew nothing about TSPK, knew enough to know who CSC was and that he had books available for purchase.

...FOR YEARS Zink walked around with a friend who was Chinese and introduced him as his master...
    Wait, a few posts ago you claimed that Zink had made this person up, now you state that he existed.

...but didnt' know the real name of Dai Sing Pek Gwa, didn't know what it meant or the history...
    How do you know what Zink knew or didn't know? Or is this ANOTHER assumption?

It is also beyond retarded to claim that winning a karate tournament with ignorant karate judges some how validates Zink's skills
    On this we can agree. However, I think most would agree that Zink demonstrates exceptional stretching and leg strength. Those of us here who do actually practice one form of monkey style or another can easily see the valid combat application of some of the moves in Zink's tournament form. So, we do not need to take the opinion of "ignorant" karate judges (if we assume no kung fu instructors acted as judges [another assumption]). Zink has talent, whether in TSPK or not.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Key word "some" of the moves. Great flexibility and leg strength doesn't equate to a real lineage or style. He does run around like a monkey quite well and "monkey sniffs his arse" is interesting to say the least but definitely not a combative move unless you "fom pei" your opponent.

CLF has a monkey set too but it's way too much "monkeying" and not enough CLF in my opinion. Mimicking is one thing but too much that it takes away from real application isn't much good for anything.
    Last edited by CLFNole; 10-31-2013 at 07:53 PM.

are these people paulie zinks sihings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FKxsyYlHyg
    Last edited by bawang; 10-31-2013 at 08:23 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post

So, your argument is not based on personal knowledge, but secondary knowledge which is simply hearsay evidence to us.
    I know you have trouble with basic logic, but I have more direct logic on this subject than any of you.......

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post

So Zink, who you claim knew nothing about TSPK, knew enough to know who CSC was and that he had books available for purchase.
    he saw Chan in an IKF article, that hardly means he knew any real monkey. Zink had done some hung ga and had been kicked out of that school for trying to teach
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    are these people paulie zinks sihings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FKxsyYlHyg
    They fit the profile...

Unless Chan's son returns to teaching or Chow Keung teaches the monkey curriculum more freely than Chan has."

Perhaps Grandmaster Chan Sau Chung will pass the torch to his son or to Sifu Chow Keung before he passes on. That would be fitting..

Blog Entries
    Has anyone seen matsuda's monkey curriculum on DVD? If so can you offer a review if the material?

Quote Originally Posted by LaterthanNever View Post
    Unless Chan's son returns to teaching or Chow Keung teaches the monkey curriculum more freely than Chan has."

Perhaps Grandmaster Chan Sau Chung will pass the torch to his son or to Sifu Chow Keung before he passes on. That would be fitting..
    Chan Sau Chung and Chow Keung had a fasting out but hopefully they work things out in the future. Life is too short.