Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: paulie zink and the tai shing pek kwar family conflict

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post
    Taishing Pekkwar is a bloated system of a few Pekkwar hand and weapon sets, five monkey sets and perhaps monkey staff and almost 100 other sets from various styles.

A student of mine, who teaches Hung Gar, Northern Shaolin and Shuai Chiao went up to Canada and trained with CSC. He was told that he would have to learn about 100 forms BEFORE learning any of the monkey forms.

I may be wrong, someone please correct me if I am, but I believe that Chan's son is the only one allowed to teach the five monkey sets. However, the last I heard his son quit teaching after his marriage.

Has Chow Keung learned more than the Lost Monkey set? The Lost Monkey set is the only one I have ever seen demonstrated publicly by CSC or CK.

Perhaps its about time to kiss this system goodbye! Then Zink and Matsuda's version will be all that is left. For good, or for bad.
    You could be right about that. I was told from them that most of their hand sets were pek kwar but some others I have seen do appear to be from other northern systems like mizong, datong and baji. Who really knows...I don't think CSC's son teaches anymore as I heard he had very little interest to begin with. Not sure how many monkey sets Chow Keung knows but I was told it was more than one but who really knows.

Greetings,

One thing that I have noticed is that no one from the West Coast Chinese community jumped up to pounce on Paulie Zink during his prime or after. Why is that? Who is he associated with that they are pretty much hands off with him? Small things like that are major.

ickey

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

One thing that I have noticed is that no one from the West Coast Chinese community jumped up to pounce on Paulie Zink during his prime or after. Why is that? Who is he associated with that they are pretty much hands off with him? Small things like that are major.

ickey
    I also find it interesting that YC Wong never called him out, if Zink was a fraud. Zink trained Hung Gar and went to visit Lam Cho in Hong Kong with Wong. We know that Wong was trained in Pek Kwar. If Zink's Pek Kwar was fake, or if his knowledge of Pek Kwar came from Wong, why was this never mentioned? This certainly would have been a huge slight against Wong. And Chinese shifu can be very unforgiving in these matters.

I know that I am repeating myself, but this has never been answered.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Greetings mooyingmantis,

I heard about Zink's visit to Hong Kong back in the 90's. I was told that he did not bother to visit the TSPK headquarters. Yet, he did visit a Hung Gar school. When I learned in KFM that Lam Jo and Ken Tak Hoi were sworn brothers, it did ring the bell of possibility that "Cho Chat Ling" may have been a reference to Lam Jo or the Lam Jo lineage; still, that is mere speculation and not fact.

There may be another source where Paulie Zink learned his stuff. I am not interested in adding more to the funk that is already here. I would suggest that people take a serious look at his Taoist yoga method. The clue may be there.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 10-14-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Prior to his monkey-style days, Paulie Zink was a student of my CLF Sifu, back when my Sifu still lived and taught in L.A (1970s). When he was still a lower-level student, Zink started teaching a CLF class of his own without my Sifu's permission. My Sifu is *very* strict about who he will certify to teach, and would never approve a lower-level student. When he found out that Zink was teaching, he expelled him from his school.

The TSPK school has absorbed many forms and weapons of various styles including Lin Wahn Moon, fist and palm as well as spear sets too... Also Lohan, Black Tiger, Wudang, Baji and Mizhong (sorry for all the crazy spellings). Obviously these sets are expressed with the flavor of TSPK

Master Chow Keung knows all 5 Monkey sets but only in the last 5-6 years learned the last 2...

Also the difference between TSPK and the piqua in China is that a long time ago the system split into pek kwa kuen and pek kwa jerng, fist and palm as two dfferent schools...

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post
    I also find it interesting that YC Wong never called him out,
    YC Wong probably didn't give a flying fuck
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I heard about Zink's visit to Hong Kong back in the 90's. I was told that he did not bother to visit the TSPK headquarters.
    my si hing was at CSC school when this happened, CSC was going to literally KILL Zink and Zink left a few days early...

"Cho Chat Ling" may have been a reference to Lam Jo or the Lam Jo lineage;
    no, it's just some name Zink's group made up

There may be another source where Paulie Zink learned his stuff.

the source is his twisted mind, case closed

I would suggest that people take a serious look at his Taoist yoga method.
    the word "serious" should never be used in connection to Zink's autofelatio made up yoga

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Greetings lkfmdc,

You failed to address why there has been no response to Paulie Zink from the Chinese Community on the West Coast.

As far as his yoga goes, I do not think it is made up at all. You give the man way too much credit for creating that.

My use of the word "may" was very polite when it came to the possibility of another source.

mickey

Hello lkfmdc:

*bows deeply*

i have to post to let you know i almost spit out my tea at my monitor when reading:

"autofelatio made up yoga"

thank you for the LOL

very truly yours in the MA,

~sg

You failed to address why there has been no response to Paulie Zink from the Chinese Community on the West Coast.
    the response was laughter, a few also suggested he might be a little light in the kung fu boots.....

As far as his yoga goes, I do not think it is made up at all.
    if you think anything he does is at all real, dear lord

I heard about Zink's visit to Hong Kong back in the 90's. I was told that he did not bother to visit the TSPK headquarters. Yet, he did visit a Hung Gar school.
    Nothing sinister about this.

When I learned in KFM that Lam Jo and Ken Tak Hoi were sworn brothers, it did ring the bell of possibility that "Cho Chat Ling" may have been a reference to Lam Jo or the Lam Jo lineage; still, that is mere speculation and not fact.
    No, Lam Jo was very clear that he only formally learned under Lam Sai Wing.
    Richard A. Tolson

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

Zink no longer teaches monkey kung fu, tai shing pek kwar, whatever.

Matsuda now seems to have distanced himself from Zink and claims to teach tai shing pek kwar.

Yet, I don't see the smear campaign for Matsuda that there was for Zink. This also makes me say, "hmmm".
    Richard A. Tolson

That is a major HMMMM,

mickey

I don't think it's such a big mystery. I highly doubt this Matsuda guy has been anywhere near as visible as his teacher Paulie Zink was. Zink was in lots of magazines, etc., back in the '80s. Hence one of the many reasons that he received more fallout.