Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: paulie zink and the tai shing pek kwar family conflict

Greetings,

lkfmdc,

Would you please share exactly who on the West Coast Chinese community laughs at Zink and says he is light in the boots?

By the way, I am not standing up for the guy in any way.

mickey

Taoofthefist,

Thanks for your input. Yes, I do know that GM Su Yu Chang teaches Pi Kwa.

I'll re-ask this since it seems merely mentioning the name "Zink" on here generates a sh-tstorm of strong responses..

"Lastly, does ANYONE in the USA teach the original 5 monkey sets?. In another, words..am I to understand that with the exception of Hong Kong and Canda, that there is not even *one* individual who was given the seal of approval to teach by GM Chan Sau Chung?"

No one teaches the TSPK monkey sets in USA that I have ever heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post
    Taishing Pekkwar is a bloated system of a few Pekkwar hand and weapon sets, five monkey sets and perhaps monkey staff and almost 100 other sets from various styles.
    Not that long ago, within recent memory in fact, the empty hand of the system was 3 "black tiger" sets, the three Pek Gwa sets, a "Lo Han" set and the 5 monkey sets... of course, that puts the monkey sets within reach of most reasonable dedicated students

Quote Originally Posted by CLFNole View Post
    No one teaches the TSPK monkey sets in USA that I have ever heard of.
    and THAT, combined with the above, is a classic example of how TCMA has screwed itself over the years....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post

and THAT, combined with the above, is a classic example of how TCMA has screwed itself over the years....
    No. Low level teachers is the problem. Paulie Zink is top, I rate him, at least in terms of what he does with forms. He's not as good as pro wushu monkey stylists - no one is - but he's way better than 99% of teachers with meaningless authentic lineages. If this is what we get when people make stuff up, then great. Let's do more making up.

Quote Originally Posted by Miqi View Post

Paulie Zink is top, I rate him, at least in terms of what he does with forms.
    it's not that great to dance to, and it's got a weird beat, but as a troll I would still give this a 5, because at least it's funny

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

One thing that I have noticed is that no one from the West Coast Chinese community jumped up to pounce on Paulie Zink during his prime or after. Why is that? Who is he associated with that they are pretty much hands off with him? Small things like that are major.

ickey
    Because nobody cares what the village idiot is doing.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

No. Low level teachers is the problem. Paulie Zink is top, I rate him, at least in terms of what he does with forms. He's not as good as pro wushu monkey stylists - no one is - but he's way better than 99% of teachers with meaningless authentic lineages. If this is what we get when people make stuff up, then great. Let's do more making up.
    Paulie Zink spends most of his performance gazing at his own anus. When you figure out a way to make that anus staring technique martially applicable, let us know.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Because nobody cares what the village idiot is doing.
    Paulie Zink spends most of his performance gazing at his own anus. When you figure out a way to make that anus staring technique martially applicable, let us know.
    it is a rare day indeed I agree 100% with Jamieson

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I don't think it's such a big mystery. I highly doubt this Matsuda guy has been anywhere near as visible as his teacher Paulie Zink was. Zink was in lots of magazines, etc., back in the '80s. Hence one of the many reasons that he received more fallout.
    Jimbo,

ALL the articles that promoted Zink were written by.....wait for it......MATSUDA.

Afterwards, Matsuda broke from Zink and wrote two or three articles about himself as a taishing pekkwar instructor.

Then Matsuda founded the Martial Arts Museum and was inducted into its Hall of Fame in 2004. He also founded the U.S. Taishing Pekkwar Association which certified him to teach taishing pekkwar.

Matsuda now sells DVDs promoting his art and certifies individuals as taishing pekkwar instructors.

http://monkeykungfu.com/

I don't really call this being low key.

BTW, I do not share any of this to denigrate Mr. Matsuda. I only present the information to again point to the fact that Mr. Matsuda seems free from the outcry that Mr. Zink endured.

HMMMMMMMMM

BTW, has anyone purchased any of the three monkey forms he sells?

http://www.valleymartialarts.com/ind...Path=40_88_140
    Last edited by mooyingmantis; 10-16-2013 at 06:37 PM.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Let's not. If it's got anything to do with monkey business it should be authentic TCMA.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 10-16-2013 at 07:14 PM.

ok..so..I've gathered that there are not too many "Zink in 2016" folks out there. Fair enough.

But I read somewhere that the teacher who he claims taught him the monkey art(Cho Chat Ling) who many say is fictional was actually certified by General Gan Dak Hoi.(I think this would make him the monkey kung fu brother of Grandmaster Chan Sau Chung).

In no way am I endorsing Zinks antics, but has anyone ever asked GM Chan Sau Chung if he's trained with Cho Chat Ling or knows him?

If only we could do away with ancestor worship, then we could make more and fancier forms, CMA could blossom like a great flower!
    A Prancing Periwinkle. Why not baboon style, they're more vicious than little monkeys. Or chimp style, chimps are bad-ass mo-fo's.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 10-16-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    it's not that great to dance to, and it's got a weird beat, but as a troll I would still give this a 5, because at least it's funny
    It's not trolling to have a different opinion to you. I have a lot of opinions that are different to yours. For example, I think that it is worthwhile training in san da.

What kind of monkey kind wouldn't be able to stare at his own anus?