Thread: VCD's have arrived!

Thumbs up VCD's have arrived!

Hi All.

Just got my set of Chen Xiao Jia VCD by Chen Yong Fu.

So far have only managed to watch the 1st Road and must say that I am impressed with them.

The form is closer to what I learn than the one shown on the Fan Chun-Lei VCD.

It will take me some time to watch the whole series as the set containes quiet a few forms:
    1st Road
    2nd Road
    108 Form
    Forms Demo VCD
    (First & Second Routines, Straight sword, Double Broadswords, Big Knife)
    Double Broad sword
    Kuan Dao
    Straight Sword

All the VCD are instructional and in chinese only, but will make a good reference library for the people that study this style.

Vou can view/order them via Frank Shiery's or via Jarek's website.
    Witty signature under construction.

I have one of those. The only chen I'd seen before that was the competition form which really lacked soul I thought.
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

I have never seen the competition form.

I got tapes & VCD of Chen Xiao Wang, Chen Zheng Lei (1st & 2nd), Fan Chun Lei (1st), Chen Pei Shan (1st) and the Chen Yong Fu ones.

As you can see my collection is mostly Small Frame stuff.

I don't even know if anyone around here teaches the competition routine.

Cheers.

I got it from kf magazine one of those clip and send offers. I'm not a chen expert or even a practicioner, the competition form struck me as rather workmanlike
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

if you'd like to see the chen 56 competition set, you can do so at the following link:

wushu central - chen 56 competition form

I'm not too fond of the set as I practice the laojia sets right now. I'm more fond of the biomechanics in the traditional sets as I think they're a bit different from those in the competition set.

Laughing Cow, I didn't know that CXW and CZL practiced xiaojia. I thought they were more dajia practitioners. The lineage I train is thru CXW and xiaojia of Chen Pei Shan looks much different from the laojia yilu that I am working on. Hmm.. perhaps I'll ask my teacher but I always thought there was a distinction between xiaojia and dajia.

anyhoo..
    w.

Originally posted by wujimon
    Laughing Cow, I didn't know that CXW and CZL practiced xiaojia. I thought they were more dajia practitioners. The lineage I train is thru CXW and xiaojia of Chen Pei Shan looks much different from the laojia yilu that I am working on. Hmm.. perhaps I'll ask my teacher but I always thought there was a distinction between xiaojia and dajia.
    Yeah, you are right that they teach dajia, I got their VCD's mostly for reference and comparison purpose.

AFAIK, most if not all the Chen family know both styles.

As you can see my collection is mostly Small Frame stuff.
    I got 3 VCD's by CZL & CXW, and about 15 by the other 3 hence the above comment.
    Last edited by Laughing Cow; 09-23-2003 at 02:39 PM.

I can think of many things I 'd rather do than watch the chen taiji division of a modern wushu comp. Why don't they just buld a robot?

Originally posted by wujimon
    if you'd like to see the chen 56 competition set, you can do so at the following link:

wushu central - chen 56 competition form
    Thanks, for the link, added it to my collection.

I'm not too fond of the set as I practice the laojia sets right now. I'm more fond of the biomechanics in the traditional sets as I think they're a bit different from those in the competition set.
    I think I understand what you are talking about, quiet different from the way we do the xiaojia sets too.

Cheers.