Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OMG! Good Kung fu *contact* sparring clips!!!

TW,

You stepped in this one I'm afraid. Asia's as legit as they come. He's traditional too. By that I mean he's ACTUALLY traditional, like he and his buddies knock the stuffing out of each other, like boxers and us MMA types, etc.

It's all about how you train....
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

He he he eh Asia once again proves why HE is the Emperor of Baiji!!!!

I've spoken to him before, here, and mostly on Cyber Kwoon. Asia is defenetly one guy I'd like to meet some day. One thing I noticed about him, he really DOES move like the Baji forms I have here on vid. It's not just his Shoulder check, it's his foot work too. You can see him clearly sinking to charge his energy in certain segments of that clip. Contrary to popular belife, he seemed actually MORE mobile by doing it too. Also, he takes a knee, and just launches his opponent and uses a rather deep half horse stance to maintain his balance (Could be a 60/40, hard to tell from the angle though).

THIS is the type of stuff I was calling ot for about 6 months ago.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I'm was not trying to comment on Asia or his skills (i don't know the guy) but rather the clip as a demonstration of Bajiquan in action.

If Paul Varlens beats the **** out of me does that make Trap Fighting a good style?

Originally posted by truewrestler
    I'm was not trying to comment on Asia or his skills (i don't know the guy) but rather the clip as a demonstration of Bajiquan in action.

If Paul Varlens beats the **** out of me does that make Trap Fighting a good style?
    I was serious that you should talk to Asia. He's constantly setting up get togethers with people, and the sooner you and he get together, the sooner you finally take the plunge and get youself in kratee, where you can learn the serious whoopass, instead of this huggy touchy feely thing you got conned into.

LOL, what an appropriate song in the backround of the first clip I watched... Let the Bodies hit the Floor.
    Dude looks pretty large...
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Not bad. Not especially exciting. Asia seems big. Agreed that he moves like the forms more than some others I've seen. Not sure if that means anything in this context. I've got to go with TW on the interested in seeing him against a bigger opponent thing. Not doubting his ability or skill, just curious.

You can see him clearly sinking to charge his energy in certain segments of that clip. Contrary to popular belife, he seemed actually MORE mobile by doing it too
    Hogwash.
    Last edited by Merryprankster; 09-17-2003 at 11:28 AM.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

I think it is more like a style emphasising an aspect of power generation more... like taiji and the waste.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Hi guys.

I'm surprised that no one commented on the 'PROOF' that the Kamehameha is a valid fighting techniques
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

(Spellcheck by Chang Style Novice!)

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    where are the Baji zombies in there?
    that one is not the real Asia, there were no zombies on the vid
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

Nice school! Big open space!

*heatbuts xebsball*
    "In choosing your dwelling, know how to keep to the ground.
    In cultivating your mind, know how to dive in the hidden depths.
    In dealing with others, know how to be gentle and kind.
    In speaking, know how to keep your words.
    In governing, know how to maintain order.
    In transacting business, know how to be efficient.
    In making a move, know how to choose the right moment.
    If you do not strive with others, you will be free from blame."
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching
    An eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

Originally posted by Xebsball
    where are the Baji zombies in there?
    that one is not the real Asia, there were no zombies on the vid
    Who do you think was holding the camera!

Asia always rolls deep!!!! And they are more reliable than Astral Spies
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

(Spellcheck by Chang Style Novice!)

"And they are more reliable than Astral Spies"

I beg to differ. My astral spies are more reliable than a General electric washing machine!

"In choosing your dwelling, know how to keep to the ground.
    In cultivating your mind, know how to dive in the hidden depths.
    In dealing with others, know how to be gentle and kind.
    In speaking, know how to keep your words.
    In governing, know how to maintain order.
    In transacting business, know how to be efficient.
    In making a move, know how to choose the right moment.
    If you do not strive with others, you will be free from blame."
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching
    An eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

TW and co. Have you guys ever seen Baji before? Maybe you are looking for it to look like northern shaolin or something. What he is doing has lots of Baji elements in it. That is what Baji looks like. Cool to see you in action asia, I lurked on this board for almost 2 years before I ever posted, but you were always one of the guys I wanted to talk to a bit. Good to see you are still at it
    -Golden Arms-

re: Baji

Where are all the elbows??

Okay, I guess it was a friendly match, but ...
    "Once you get deeper into the study of Kung Fu you will realise that lineage and insulting others become more important than actual skill and fighting ability." -- Tai'ji Monkey

"Eh, IMO if you're bittching about what other people are doing instead of having intelligent (or stupid) conversation about kung fu or what your favorite beer is, you're spending too much time exploring your feminine side." -- Meat Shake