Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Soccer is gay!

NP -- you renob, i specifically said:

soccer players can be brutal

there's no question about the toughness of soccer players. my point was that football has a higher degree of contact that warrants the use of pads. if football players hit each other just as hard but did it without pads, concussions would skyrocket, and deaths on the field would no longer be limited to basic spinal injuries. football has specific rules dictating how you can level someone -- not to the back unless they have the ball, and you cannot attack helmet-first. beyond that, almost anything goes. try the same stuff in soccer, and it's a red card, a suspension and, quite likely, a ban.

GOLF -- by definition, it's still a sport, because a higher degree of athleticism improves your game. however, if one looks at a lot of the players on the tour, other than the ability to walk a few miles and swing a stick accurately, there's not much athleticism required. can athleticism improve your golf game? yes. is being an athlete required to be a pro golfer, even on the PGA tour? **** no.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Soccer is full of a bunch of girly men playing glorified kick ball. They need to get into a real sport instead of remaining sissiefied momma boys.

Excuse me ... I'm going to go practice my Tai Chi now.

Just teasing, on both accounts.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

RTB.

So you reckon that Rugby and Australian rules player should be dropping like the flies on the pitch??

BTW, we all know it is soccer that are the RELLy tough guys.

Now football supporters I hardly ever hear of them getting into a nice rumble.
    Witty signature under construction.

I have played rugby, soccer, and Australian rules. The one I got injured in the most was soccer, closely followed by rugby. Australian rules is a hard game but more because of the skills involved and the level of fitness required (same with soccer). But my favourite game is rugby.

In rugby, you get 250-300lb players running at you and tackling you at full power without padding. And you have to be able to think quickly because the game doesn't stop every 10 seconds so you can decide what you are going to do next.

And don't forget - American football was derived from rugby, so really rugby is the traditional art and American football is the McDojo mish-mash
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

no, laughing cow, i'm not. the level of contact is greater in american football. they wear pads to compensate. period.

any statements about a greater level of macheesmo amongst the sports don't matter to me.

as far as americans getting into rumbles at sporting events -- it's rare. the only time americans get the same level of enthusiasm other countries do at their sports is during the finals or championship (see 1993 chicago, after the bulls WON).
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Originally posted by rubthebuddha
    no, laughing cow, i'm not. the level of contact is greater in american football. they wear pads to compensate. period.

any statements about a greater level of macheesmo amongst the sports don't matter to me.

as far as americans getting into rumbles at sporting events -- it's rare. the only time americans get the same level of enthusiasm other countries do at their sports is during the finals or championship (see 1993 chicago, after the bulls WON).
    Nah, Americans go on rampages in the street and destroy shops, cars etc. instead

I would argue that the level of contact in rugby is at least as high as that in American football.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Originally posted by rubthebuddha
    I guess you got some experience playing rugby than?
    Witty signature under construction.

yeah what is a 140lbs weakling soccers guy kick...
    yeah...

do you know how are pro soccer shoes in their lower part?
    i dont think you do

well ill just say they have metal parts

try getting kicked with one of those while running at high speed with little to none padding

i can understand joedoes injuries even without the metal parts
    Volcano has removed himself from this realm
    Account is hijacked, email is fake, password is unrememberable
    No im not drunk or sad

"cos im the TAXMAN!!
    yeah im the TAXMAAAN!!"

What !!

What pleb said that Rugby is Australian?????

If you you don't know about a certain subject then shut up until you learn something!
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

kwaichang kaned

The ole Red bashing again Well I happen to be a Red and its complete Bull that there are no MAN U fans in Manc out of a family of say 5 brothers 4 will be Reds. The only reason al lot of clubs hate MAN U is down to one simple fact our dominance over the Prem, pure and simple. Back in the 70's & 80's everyone hated Liverpool cause they were so succesful, Jealousy is a sad thing. I have worked down south and it does pi.ss me off to see southerners in MAN U shirts cause the only reason they support Utd is because of our success and that gets on my tits.

I have played Rugby up to my early 20's cause my Dad was the Captain of Ashton RFC and from 9 years old I was put into this sport. I have played for schools, colleges but mainly in bigger leagues plus many internationals, I played Old Aldwininans a well known Manc Club, we were always fighting on and off the pitch, but I must admit the salford boys (Rivals in Manc) are the dirtiest ba.stards I have ever played against, always punching in the scrum, stomping on you all the time, injuries and fights were always guarrenteed.

But having said that I have always prefered footie it is the beautiful Game, and the rest of the world can't be wrong its only the americans who have lost out big time by not taking it as their national sport. They seem to prefer big shoulder pads and helmets, they can't even fight each other they are so protected, bleedin pussies!
    Last edited by Internal Boxer; 09-18-2003 at 04:26 AM.

(ChitownMantis bows in)

Uhhhh. I was funny , and that's it. I don't think soccer is gay or football.

I mean why are you guys have an "Let's wipe out contest" early in the morning. It was funny. That's it

Let's back to an neutral corner ok fellas

Ever seen a triple compound leg fracture in american football? Remember the speed in soccer is phenomenal (and most players are between 180 and 200). The impact in american football is only such BECAUSE of the padding. You couldn't hurl your head and shoulders at someone without it. Rugby is far nastier (what other ballgame ALLOWS palm strikes to the face?) with a good deal of spinal, head and leg injuries.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Well, the 1993 championship when the bulls won was not an proud moment for me.

But then this is the same city where you can get you cap pulled back even on sunday.

And don't forget - American football was derived from rugby, so really rugby is the traditional art and American football is the McDojo mish-mash
    This is quite true.

It is also true that baseball is a direct rip off of (Britains) rounders and that basketball is a rip of of netball.

Oddly both of the origional games are played almost exclusively by school girls.......not to mention hockey.

Now who's sports starts are gay?
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

Red Bashing

Believe me when i say that the manc ain't top of my ****list.That would be Arsenal( and from that you can probably tell who i follow)
    The Mancs second closley followed by Chelscum.
    The bashing is nothing personal it just that we ain't won anything of worth for so long we have nothing to crow about (anoher clue?) so it's back to he insults

And whats all this BS about soccer player being p*ssies?
    Anyone who knows a little history can tell you about a german goal keeper call Bert Troutman who played a FA cup final , 90mins with a BROKEN NECK!!!
    Hard as nails and no need to stuff pillows up the arms of his sweater incase he gats a wickle bruisy
    Mike: I dressed up as an old Isralie woman once.

Tim: Did you?

Mike: I didn't HAVE too.
    Spaced