Thread: push hands clips

push hands clips

vincent chu circa '91

I've never done push hands before. I thought I understood what it was but now I'm sure I don't.

the rest
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

Talking

OMG

WTF, was that?
    Witty signature under construction.

I know the creator of Gin Soon Tai Chi is from the Yang Tai Chi branch.... Those so call "push hands" look more like
    "Da Lu or Ta Lu" kind of ... but man... I don't know about those demo's..... LOL

I dont know if i should laugh or cry, ill probarly do both but i havent quite decided in what order yet.
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

I have heard from a lot of independant sources that I have respect for that Master Chu is a very skilled and powerful Internalist, but this stuff makes him look a complete tw.at. The guy who was being demo'd on needs his face filling in for such ponsie, gay over reacting that looks more a home on a Monty python sketch.

If you won't say it...

... I will.

They suck.

Marty
    Marty Yoder
    Leadership: Learn It. Live It. Lead Others To It.
    http://wingchunner.tripod.com
    http://www.immortalpalm.com

I have so far only heard good things about Vincent Chu, but I am not sure how to tie those demoes in with what I have heard.
    Witty signature under construction.

I'm thinking that they are making fun of their own club and you americans with your famous lack of a sophisticated sense of humour missed the point.

P.S Irony, despite past claims of people on this site does not mean "a bit like iron".
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

Originally posted by Liokault
    I'm thinking that they are making fun of their own club and you americans with your famous lack of a sophisticated sense of humour missed the point.

P.S Irony, despite past claims of people on this site does not mean "a bit like iron".
    I am not so sure about that. I can't imagine an MA school taking the p!ss out of themselves on their own website, especially if the teacher is supposed to bu quite respected and/or you are trying to attract students.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

this is clearly jumping, watch b4 the jump as they push into the ground

A chinese master taking the pi.ss out of himself??? Come on mate on what planet is that ever likely to happen!!

I had no idea. So they are stupid?
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

On another site I have seen the same clips. It seems that many of the same comments are posted here as well.

I think something more usefule then just saying it’s fake would be for some one here duplicate what’s shown in the clips, or provide a good explanation on how it was done.

It might also be usfule to remember it's a demo with people of very differnt skill levels.
    enjoy life