Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT: Lets see how many answer this correctly.

Originally posted by Internal Boxer
    "British is nationality NOT race"

Yes and no, British is a generic term that does nowadays refer to nationality, but really it can also represent racial identity of England, Wales, Scotland and N.Ireland, but then that has to be sub-divided into Anglo Saxon (official English origin) or Celtic (Scots, Welsh, N.Irish). So generally you could say all Brits of origin from this Country would be classified as Anglo-Celts
    I disagree, if I as a central european move to the United kingdom and aquire british nationality, I will also be classed as "white british" even though I might be of germanic or similar stock.

Thus any classification on nationality and NOT race is invalid, IMHO.

Seeya.
    Witty signature under construction.

k...
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, Iīm just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

race is always a volatile but interesting topic. The evolution of the legal definition and classification of race in america is a real eye opener on some issues and aspects. With most of young people nowadays near ignorant of the effects and affects of race issues and history it will be interesting although maybe scary to see what the next direction will be.

correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Lapplanders the only group of people that are not considered H0mo Sapiens?

Laughing Cow, I did not say nationality, I said ethnicity. Your nationality would be british, but your ethnicity would be white european.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Ork.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

I am Race Bannon.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

9. Thumbs up

fa_jing,what?..

THand is rather right,those differences are "skin-deep" for long.
    There is more genetic variation among Africans than in the rest of the world.
    Race is a term that is very hard to replace,it is misleading but "geographical variation" does not sound all that nice.
    Last edited by Former castleva; 09-18-2003 at 09:08 AM.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Internal, Ireland was a British province until the '20s
    And as Ulster is still a part of the union, I suppose Ireland would have to be considered one of the British Isles.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Internal, Ireland was a British province until the '20s

I will be 6 foot under the cold cold earth before i recognise an independant ireland.
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

Ben
    Yeah I was refering to the time when England first took control of Ireland which I think was back in the 1600's which nearly 3 centuries of English rule would see Ireland as part of the British Isles. Could be wrong though.

Laughing C I understand your view but I disagree as Ben put it before, ethnicity is a good description, besides no white Europeans would want to move to the UK anyway, with this sh.it weather and rip off prices, thats why the Brits are invading France, and Spain, not the other way around..

Lio, I can't wait.

(caucasian, mongoloid, negroid....)

Geeeeze.... I haven't heard that Psuedo-Scientific terminology since 3rd grade...

People still use that nonsence?

Last edited by Chang Style Novice; 09-18-2003 at 01:26 PM.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.