Thread: Unreality Based Self Defense

Unreality Based Self Defense

Another great article by Phil Elmore.

Unreality Based Self Defense

Cheers.
    Last edited by Laughing Cow; 09-18-2003 at 05:25 PM.
    Witty signature under construction.

Thumbs up

The sunset´s setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Thumbs up

good
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

I've been using that posture for years. The only things I do differently now is that I've added a stop kick to their hip to stop them moving in if I felt really threatened. If I know that someone is up to mischief screw the stance I'm moving either running away (first choice) or moving in for some advantage.

Check out this group of articles. While I don't call the homeless Human Filth I do agree with Phil that they are a Real Threat. Many homeless are unstable, others are survivors and some are just sad souls who can be helped. One thing that I do is learn where the vagrants camp, become familiar with their patterns and engage them (give them a handout) to try to evaluate them a little better. I live in a great neighborhood and found vagrants using the abandoned farm during the winter, and other places as camps.

As I pointed and glared at him, that street creature froze in his tracks. He actually apologized, turned, and scampered off in the other direction as if I'd threatened to kill him. I looked down at my hands, exhaled, and was immediately hit with an attack of the shakes as the adrenaline dump had its way with my nervous system.
    I think Phil needs to switch to decaf. If you're getting the shakes over that you're over-reacting and having to deal with an adrenaline dump cuts down on being ready for what could be next.
    Last edited by rogue; 09-28-2003 at 05:23 PM.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

all that adrenaline devoted to harmless bums, hmm. that's what happens when people are not used to confrontation, small things cause big adrenaline dumps.
    Mack 10 just got out of court,
    rollin through tha hood in his super sport ropin Too $hort.
    Eighteens got tha rearview mirrors vibratin

Constrast this from the editorial
    The "feelings are reality" principle is widespread in UBSD adherents and encompasses much more than this single example. Ayn Rand once criticized those who did not "believe in" objective reality. Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed, she quoted, or Wishing won’t make it so. What you want – what you desire and what you feel – makes absolutely no difference with regard to the realities of force and self-defense. Just because you'd rather not live in a world where all people who violate your personal space represent a potential threat doesn't mean this isn't true. You ignore these realities at your peril, for that reality invariably punishes those who blithely disregard it.
    with the following from the point counter point ...
    I got out of my car. The creature accosted me, his staccato demands for change alternating with his rapid-fire attempts to get my attention. "Sir! Sir! Sir! Sir! Sir!" I simply stood there and stared at him. He did not approach, so I did nothing. At that moment I felt more hatred, more loathing, than I think I have ever felt in my life. He did not know how to react to my complete lack of response, so he stopped shouting at me. Eventually he wandered into downtown traffic, still carrying one sneaker.
    and
    Something clicked in my head. I was so angry. I thought about the way street people decrease the quality of the lives of every honest man and woman who walks down the sidewalks of my city, harassed and intimidated by beggars who believe the world owes them something for nothing, societal parasites who see nothing wrong with simply asking for what others have earned because they think they have some claim on the labor of others.
    I don't think Phil recognizes that he's using emotions to dictate his own responses.
    Good stuff on that site even if I disagree with much of the martialist attitude. Maybe it's time I vote Democrat and move to Europe. Nah... Hey LC you have any room at your place?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.