Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Concerning Sai in China...

Liokault - As near as I can tell everyone on this board takes themselves and their art seriously
    Indeed, but you need to witness a SD forum to see just how far a human head fits up a "arse".

As to coming to our board and "baiting" us, grow up please.
    Well I had no intention of baiting you at first, I went to your board with good will and a will to learn. Sadly what I found left me cold, baiting you was fun indeed but you and people like you doing great damage to CMA ans as such baiting was the least I could do.

Until you've crossed hands with and won against and SD practitioner, master or student...stfu.

Well I have not "crossed hands" with a SD stylist, but I have crossed hands with lots of the composite styles that the mismash of SD was racked from (oh and won).

As for "crossing hands" I would be willing to bet that the only crossing of hsands in a SD frachise is when you hand youe check to "sifu".

Anyway back to the topic.

I am sure I saw a sai on a very earlu Indian wall painting.
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

Liokualt-

I think that most of the shaolin do practitioners are now wondering if you are ever going to be in the united states. Why the hostilities? I didnt even think that shaolin do was in your area, what do you care? You sound like you are very confident in your training. Shaolin do's success hasnt affected your training, so it cant be that big of a deal. I dont know anyone that is worse off because of shaolin do.

Ben

Originally posted by ninthdrunk
    Liokualt-

I dont know anyone that is worse off because of shaolin do.

Ben
    D*mm Straight!
    "Let's get the hell out of here" - J. T. Kirk. in City on the Edge of Forever

"you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, PUNK?" Harry Callahan

"Mens Sana In Corpore Sano"

Follow the advice of Teddy Roosevelt: "Speak softly, but carry a big stick".

"Regulate the breath, and thereby control the mind."
    -- B.K.S. Iyengar

I dont know anyone that is worse off because of shaolin do.

Look over the threads on this forum and see how hard it is for CMA to get respect as fighting arts and then tell me that SD is not part of the problem.
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

Respect

The only reason CMA's don't get respect on this board is because there has yet to be to be a practitioner of a TCMA doing well in any kind of full contact setting. (with the exception of one SD master) I do not see this as a prerequisite for respecting ANY art. However there are many on this board and elsewhere who do. As for SD being part of this problem, Master Joe Schaefer has more than a few full contact trophies at his school in Austin. He hasn't competed in UFC or K1, but he did win the full contact tournaments held in TX. He has the respect of some on this board who have said they wouldn't ever train at an SD school. Liokault if you're so determined to change the way TCMA's are treated on this board I suggest you quit wasting time bashing other styles, get up from your computer, go train very very hard, and go fight. Respect is earned not given.
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

Look guys, you can't blame Liokault for his own actions (but he does need to learn how to spell). He's already admitted to the board why he is the way he is:

a) His first sexu@l experience was with a transvestite.
    b) He thinks he's the CMA Scotland Yard Detective (he was trained by Bruce Lee back from the grave).
    c) He's been informed by his pansy sifu that HE'S the ONLY person learning REAL AUTHENTIC CMA in the world.
    d) His ho'ish mum used to slap him around when he was a child
    e) His uncle used to sneak into his room at night
    Have you ever tried any psychotherapy to clear up your issues? ~ cerebus

I had a fealing you'd be coming through here... ~ Northern Practitioner

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Crazy Mad Drunk. You do indeed come across as mentally ill and chemically messed up. Congratulations on your well-chosen name. ~ Chang Style Novice

Did I mention that I was a national San Shou champoin? ~ Liokault

The only reason CMA's don't get respect on this board is because there has yet to be to be a practitioner of a TCMA doing well in any kind of full contact setting.
    Liokault if you're so determined to change the way TCMA's are treated on this board I suggest you quit wasting time bashing other styles, get up from your computer, go train very very hard, and go fight. Respect is earned not given.

Really?

Did I mention that I was a national San Shou champoin?

Or that my teacher has trained other national San Shou champions?

That only shows tournament skill. Sparring as we know it is simply used as a learning experience so that you can better react when you really need to. That and tournaments are fun, plus they earn money for the instructors because well, they do need money.

The fact is that skill in the ring isn't exactly the way you fight on the street. Many tournaments have rules mostly for insurance reasons. But in a fight there are ABSOLUTELY NO rules. That's why I tend to do bad in sparring, I like to use things that insurance companies would not like to see. I'm not a bad fighter, but I can barely spar for my life.

San Shou is all well and good, not my cup of tea, and about as street effective as good Tae Kwan Do (from what I know.) But bragging about winning a g a y @$$ piece of plastic only further shows your stupidity.

Sorry, that's the way it is.
    Shut up and train.

LUEsers unite

That's why I tend to do bad in sparring, I like to use things that insurance companies would not like to see. I'm not a bad fighter, but I can barely spar for my life.
    How many fights(not sparring or tournements), with skilled opponents, have you been in?

I Stand Corrected

I have been kindly and respectfully informed that my post concerning how well TCMA guys have done in full contact was incorrect. (the stuff about Master Schaefer was still on the money) My apologies for feeding a troll. Liokault providing what your post said isn't pure bs all I can say is good for you and party on with your allegedly bad self.
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

Originally posted by trilobite

The fact is that skill in the ring isn't exactly the way you fight on the street. Many tournaments have rules mostly for insurance reasons. But in a fight there are ABSOLUTELY NO rules. That's why I tend to do bad in sparring, I like to use things that insurance companies would not like to see. I'm not a bad fighter, but I can barely spar for my life.
    Two things:

1) I love how people automatically assume that rules are always obeyed in tournaments. I know of boxers who practiced entire combinations of fouls AND got away with during nationally covered matches. I'm sure the BJJ guys know of other dirty players, as do the San Shou guys, and the Shidokan guys. It's amazing how easy it is to give up on rules when you know they're not being enforced or the infraction is out of sight.

2) What were the "dirty" tactics that you used in practice? Were you biting ears off? Spitting in faces? Biting off eyebrows and spitting it back in the person's face (my favorite rugby story of all time, btw)? Details, man, details. Or, would that be self-incriminating for all the dead bodies you've left in the wake?
    "Oh LORD, please spare our eyes"- Traditional Prayer before an English Singlestick Match

I LOVE knee, elbow, and joint traps period. But sadly, the rules ARE DEFINITELY enforced in the the tournaments I compete in. Plus, I know how much it sucks to have a hurt knee that doesn't heal for 9 months, it sucks.

And, yet again, someone misses the point of my post. Sigh, I hate it when people take things out of context.
    Shut up and train.

LUEsers unite

Brad, I don't really get in fights, but last year in gym I cross sparred with some boxers before and after class. I haven't really gotten the chance to do it much as of recently though. But yeah, most of the time I'd end up on top simply because I made it impossible for them to throw a punch (i.e. locks and simple body mechanics.) Plus, my knife-hand is fairly fast so I could land it on their stomach a few times, surprising them, and overall setting themselves up. Also, I've been reccomended before by people who claim SD as false that I should drop my studies and train at the same boxing gym these guys train at. I'm really not willing to go there after my experience with the products of the school. No disrespects to boxing, it's a brutal, sweet science. Really good in a lot of aspects. But I'm reluctant to learn it from the gym in my area.
    Shut up and train.

LUEsers unite

Did I mention that I was a national San Shou champoin?
    ooooohhh, ahhhhhhh, I'm soooooooo scared of you now LOLOLOLOLOL
    Have you ever tried any psychotherapy to clear up your issues? ~ cerebus

I had a fealing you'd be coming through here... ~ Northern Practitioner

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Crazy Mad Drunk. You do indeed come across as mentally ill and chemically messed up. Congratulations on your well-chosen name. ~ Chang Style Novice

Did I mention that I was a national San Shou champoin? ~ Liokault

Fighting in a sport event forces you to be a better fighter. When you train for this type of event, you focus harder on techniques, put in more conditioning time, and in general train harder. Do you think a trained fighter would just allow you to slap on a joint lock without resisting? If you tend to do poorly in sparring, do you think you would have a chance with applying your crippling technique? As you describe it, you don't even understand proper positioning, I doubt your boasts (this may mean nothing to you). Also, another great outcome to sports training is knowing what you're not good at.

San Shou is all well and good, not my cup of tea, and about as street effective as good Tae Kwan Do (from what I know.) But bragging about winning a g a y @$$ piece of plastic only further shows your stupidity.
    It's obvious you don't know, but making an argument from the point of ignorance really shows your experience to say the least. It's funny how you put down other arts and fighting formats, but are so quick to get angry when someone puts down SD.

edit:
    Trilo, it was pointed out to me that you are quite young, so take this with a grain of salt and enjoy your training.
    Last edited by Ralphie; 10-19-2003 at 11:03 PM.