Thread: lacing shoes for running?

lacing shoes for running?

[vague]
    Somebody told me that there is a specific way to lace up shoes for running that is more comfortable or something. They don't know what exactly the difference is - the person who supposedly knew is who knows where.
    [/vague]

I haven't changed the way I lace and tie my shoes since I switched from velcro back in grade school, so if some some special method exists, fill me in.

I haven't heard of any special method, I have alway's tied my shoes up to the very top and as tight as I can. If I hear of anything different, I'll let you know.
    Blood, sweat and tears, train like your life depended on it!

I always tied them so they would be tight around my ankles.
    "Don't Focus on the Fingers or You will miss all the Heavenly Glory!"

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"

I've seen some runners add an odd twist to their lacing...
    Lace normally all the way up, but on the last (top) hole go past it to the outside and pull it through and in, then you tie.
    I've had my running shoes laced this way for a few weeks and it does seem to hold the laces tighter...'course it could be my imagination.
    Keep it simple, stupid.