Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Handgun to buy?

Rad, thats a good point. Many top trainers even say a shotgun or rifle is better for home defense. I was reading an article by Clint Smith in one of the gun magazines this month. he said a handgun is best used to get yourself to the rifle.

I shot competition with the shot gun for years, the pattern is not as big as people think (the range you would shoot in a house) But its easier to be accurate, has knock down power, better control than a handgun.

Kris, its sounds cool when you cant own one. But when they are accesable they lose the thrill. I own many, havent shot more than half of them in years and I do have some for defense, most are for hunting or competition.

"Desert Eagle .50 AE
    http://www.magnumresearch.com/"
    I saw the most beatiful DE .50 at the gun show a few months ago... Sterling silver with 24K gold accent pieces...
    DE's are so f*ckin hard...

Pistol grip mosberg is what Im fixin to buy for the home...
    Im no gun advocate, but all the crazy f*cker with guns kinda leave me no choice... my kung fu wont save me when Im 15 feet away from some gun weilding looney...
    "In choosing your dwelling, know how to keep to the ground.
    In cultivating your mind, know how to dive in the hidden depths.
    In dealing with others, know how to be gentle and kind.
    In speaking, know how to keep your words.
    In governing, know how to maintain order.
    In transacting business, know how to be efficient.
    In making a move, know how to choose the right moment.
    If you do not strive with others, you will be free from blame."
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching
    An eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

It's like everyday you get a little more practical...
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Nah, Im still anti gun, but I dont have much choice... In actuality Ive been planning on buying a mosberg for quite some time now, due to certain persons supposedly supposed to be breaking and entering to my humble domicile... Id more than gladly beat them within an inch of their life using a monkey wrench, but if they got a gun...
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching

You will find a stock is better than the pistol grip.

Check outGunsite for training videos on handguns, rifles and shotguns (and others) www.gunsite.com

Eh, Im not gonna aim. Hip hold, point, shoot. No time for aiming with an intruder afoot. Buckshot. 10 guage.

Ever since the first time I saw a DE, Ive loved em. (me and guns have a love hate relationship, more than the hate for guns, its the crazy f*ckers that own them that I hate.)
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching

You can also find some good training vids and books at www.paladin-press.com.

Guys like Jeff Cooper, Col. Rex Applegate, Kelly McCann, Gabe Suarez, Jim Cirilo, Matt Burkett.

I like revolvers more than auto. Though I do love mr. olde ugly .45 ACP. I just like the simple reliability of a wheelgun.
    Regards

Having a great gun but not being able to get to it is a bad thing. Most of the guys that I know who are serious shooters have several guns hidden around the house. It's a pain and you have to get into the habit of taking care of each one, but they wouldn't have it any other way.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Originally posted by Shaolin-Do
    Eh, Im not gonna aim. Hip hold, point, shoot. No time for aiming with an intruder afoot. Buckshot. 10 guage.

Ever since the first time I saw a DE, Ive loved em. (me and guns have a love hate relationship, more than the hate for guns, its the crazy f*ckers that own them that I hate.)
    Please do aim for the sake of those around you that you don't want to shoot.

If you must shoot from the hip try pointing your index finger(the one on the front handguard) at your target and for Gods sake go to the range and pratice this first,shouldering your weapon should become second nature and plus I don't want dope smokers like you shooting old ladys by accident and causing more bad gun laws to come on the books

Kris, its sounds cool when you cant own one. But when they are accesable they lose the thrill. I own many, havent shot more than half of them in years and I do have some for defense, most are for hunting or competition.
    Yea I guess. I could get it illegally but I don't want it/need it that much. Oh and.. you hunt with a shotgun?
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

A shot gun is great for almost anything in North America. Slugs for deer, different size shot for deer to birds or small furry animals that tase good.

neit
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Nah dude... sawed off pistol grip mosberg. Only way to go. 10 gauge, buck shot.

And I wouldnt be shooting a shotgun in the general direction of any good doers.
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching

Asking what the best handgun to buy is like asking whats the best martial art. Everyone is going to have a different opinion. I favor 40 calibers. And everyone is going to like certain gun makers then others. I love Berettas. And I love Ruger's although they can be kinda heavy, but they are extremely reliable. I like Glocks too, but with Glocks most ppl either love them or hate them.

I like .40's because they are strong enough, and easier to carry and control then .45's, and pack more punch then the 9mm. .357's are good too. .38 or .38 S's have their purpose too.

Revolver's are more reliable then automatics. Some automatics can get jammed, (happens more then ppl want to admit) revolvers very rarely have this problem, and when they do, you can always pull the trigger to get to the next cylinder.

For home defense, pack something big, but not too big. With a 10mm or a 44 magnum, that bullet can go thru flesh and then go thru the wall and hit somebody on the other side. I'd go between a .40 or a .45 . Shotgun's are good too, but use pheasant shot, as buck shot or slugs can/will go thru the wall. (assuming you live with someone, like family)

For concealment, no lower then a .38 and no higher then a 9mm. It's up to u if you want to make an exception and conceal a .40 or .357. I say no lower then a .38, because you never no when you need to take someone down, and .32 may not do it. Most .45's can be quite heavy, which may not be too good for concealment.

.357's are cool because they can use .38 rounds too.

Remember to practice with your gun, often.

Dark Knight- My friend has a Springfield 1911, that thing is sweet!