Thread: Respect for Dj Vadim

Respect for Dj Vadim

Last night I went and saw Dj Vadim on 6th street in Austin. The only connection between him and Martial Arts is his Record Label Ninja Tune. Anyhow, most artist when they finish a set and say, "I'm so-and-so, thank you good night," and walk in the back only to never be seen again. Dj Vadim went up front to give hand shakes and say thanks. Doesn't it seem that too many musicians are treating themselves like the president?

Props to Vlad!

Musicians run a close second to actors for the most pretentious @sses in the world. Even garage band musicians and local community theater actors think they are the shiznit, when in all actuality, they are shunned in normal aspects of society. They adopt high aires as self-defense mechanism, kinda like short-man syndrome.

I find it extremely ironic because, of all the fine arts, musicians and actors are pretty much collaborators, not creators. Who makes a movie? The director, the editor, the cinema-photographer, the actor, the writer....? Who makes a good album? The composer, the singer, the bassist, the drummer, the producer....? While some great peope do trancend beyond the collaborative phase, most don't. If anything, most of them are simply a piece in the puzzle.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 09-26-2003 at 08:24 AM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

"Musicians run a close second to actors for the most pretentious @sses in the world."

You really need to spend more time at gallery openings.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

"The composer, the singer, the bassist, the drummer, the producer"
    <--- all of those rolled into one fat doober of a musician.

what about the guitarist or a pianist?
    "In choosing your dwelling, know how to keep to the ground.
    In cultivating your mind, know how to dive in the hidden depths.
    In dealing with others, know how to be gentle and kind.
    In speaking, know how to keep your words.
    In governing, know how to maintain order.
    In transacting business, know how to be efficient.
    In making a move, know how to choose the right moment.
    If you do not strive with others, you will be free from blame."
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching
    An eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

huh huh, you said 'pianist.'
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

better recognize
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

If you forget where you came from, you'll never know where your going...
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

FYI CaptinPickAxe

The quote in your sig is misattributed. Hunter didn't come up with that, Edmund Burke did.

Check it out:
    http://www.bartleby.com/66/18/9118.html
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

is your avatar what I think it is, dwid?
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

.....an eight ball

All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

is your avatar what I think it is, dwid?
    I don't know. It's a picture of me from a halloween event I did security for last year. All the security guys were covered in black body paint.

Nobody bothered to let anyone know we were security, though, so people didn't know what the hell was up. Fun stuff.

The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers