Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shaolin Ranting Two!!

Shaolin Ranting Two!!

Look! I don't think there is that much difference between kara-te and shaolin wushu. Kara-te is older anyway! Like 300 years old or something. Besides, the tuition at my local Dojo is only $69.99 a month and they gave me a free gi and patch when I joined. Shaolin kung is just flowery fists, and embroidered kicks! No real practical application. My sensei (you may know him), John demonstrates all of the martial applications to all of the kata. My ah wife practices shaolin kung fu under one of the wushu monks. She is going to a government regulated Lohan Fist seminar in November. The only true master of shaolin kung fu is Wu Bin. I'm sure all monks would agree. I was once a monk at the shaolin temple, for one month. They had this contest on one of the kempo sites and I won. I won a t-shirt and a trip to shaolin temple where I officially became a monk. I trained with Wu Bin at shaolin temple and I learned the traditional long fist compulsary form Er Lu Chuan. They gave me a certificate and everything.
    My kung fu brother is the infamous Master Steve Demasco. Now I'm back to practicing kara-te, which in my opinion is much more power and stiff. Tensing up the muscles is the only to produce true fajing. I hope I have been instrumental here today sharing my knowledge and wisdom with all my other painfully extreme amitabhaha wushu compulsory fajing fanzi you'll never learn anything beyond xiao hong chuan and the group form nerds! You might pick something up at a seminar though for 150 bucks.

Red face D@mn!

The hell?

*gah!* *guh* *kclsurrpp* ~brains falls from nose, spelches on floor, dies a horrible horrible death~
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Wu Bin's da man

Like all of life....

It depends.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Re: Shaolin Ranting Two!!

Congradulation for studying a Japanese derivative of Fujian Crane Fist which had its root in shaolin.

wm
    dazed and confused

I just had lunch with Wu Bin a few weeks ago...

...funny he didn't mention you.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

<ring referee instructs judges to deduct one point from gene's score for a low blow>
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Ninja
    you are a phoney.

Now thats true.
    Bless you

Dear Mr. ninja:

I read your enlightening post with great interest. I am curious as to your legal affiliation with the most esteemed Shao-lin Temple. Becoming a Monk for a month is a difficult thing to achieve, I think. I have never tried it myself, although I have heard from many of my of seminar participants that it is a difficult thing to do. I might have to try it sometime, when I have an extra month. I would imagine that you took the full time curriculum, as opposed to the part-time curriculum, in which case you would have been a Monk for 2 months, but only part time. During your stay at Shao-lin, were you afforded the esteemed opportunity to train in such arts as chain whip, tiger, and group forms; or did you maintain proper and effective training in the mabu and gongbu on your way to mastery?

And what is stiffness? A mack truck going down the west side highway is much stronger than a willow branch blowing in the wind. Especially if it is driven by Sly Stallone. Unless the branch is blowing in a stiff breeze, in which case it is doesn't matter either way.

I should check out the Seminar of which you speak. At my seminars, we practice many of the dark arts of Shao-lin and Iga for $20 per hour, which is a bargain. Many other similar seminars sell for $49.95 or more. I am thinking of making a video to sell, displaying many of the secrets in detail, but I have received resistance from the community. My next new seminar, which may occur later this month, might include the Cinnabar Palm and levitation. As a ninja and former Shao-lin Monk, I am certain that you are familiar with these arts, so maybe you will have interest. Or maybe not.

Eagerly awaiting your reply, and looking forward to your next profound post, I remain,

Respectfully yours,

dimmakseminar

Shao-Lin Ranting

Mr. Ninja,
    There are certainly Wu Shu academies out there that have roots in Shao-Lin, but the Shao-Lin Tao I train in is definitely NOT wu shu. We are required to train in application and sparing on a regular basis. In fact, the curriculum requires us to do a proficiency in an animal form, which requires us to create applications for each move in four related forms. When I say applications I mean practical things you can use.

As for the age of the style, there are forms in our system that are considered unrefined and young at four hundred years old. Shao-Lin has been around for over one thousand years as a fighting art. This includes all five temples in China.

What I don’t understand is the tenor and tone of your post? Everyone on this board is a practitioner of their chosen style because they like that style and it suits their personal tastes for one reason or another. Why does it matter who the ‘only true master’ is? Who is the only true master of Karate? Who is the only true master of Kempo? To each practitioner the master in their style is the one they choose to emulate. Do you instruct in your style? The one thing teaching has taught me is that there is something I can learn from EVERYONE. From the newest first day student to the most venerable master, there is always something to learn.

Besides, Kung Fu is about life and living it to the fullest. Everything is connected to a greater or lesser degree. I’ve learned much about how to better live and work in my daily life from Kung Fu and Tai Chi and likewise, I’ve taken things from my daily work and applied them to my Kung Fu. The blending of things is a fascinating thing and always amazes me when I see a connection made.
    Everything is connected to a greater or lesser degree.

Besides, Kung Fu is about life and living it to the fullest.
    No, kung fu is about breaking knee caps and hurting people. Otherwise, you'd be reading poetry in class instead of kicking a bag, right?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Masterkiller

And here in lies our difference. I see the art as a way of improving my life and the lives of those around me.

Out of curiosity, from what source do you draw your information concerning our art? I study with instructors, masters, and my fellow students to gain my understanding of Shao-Lin Tao. Where do you get yours?
    Everything is connected to a greater or lesser degree.

FIRST

spoken like a true martial artist.

its not the destination that is important it is the journey getting there

Gene

Gene be honest, sport kara-te's more effective in the streets.

bodhitree

I'm actually quite obssessed with drawing pictures of Ralph Machio from the Karate Kid in sumi ink on rice paper. I wear ninja tabi boots while practicing government choreographed Chen Taiji Quan which I learned from Angel at "The Temple".

Amitbahayakala