Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: !!!TMA on video!!!

Jowbacca speaks sensibly...are you sure you're on the right board?
    Jowbacca started fighting and training with fighters, consequently, he speaks sense.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Originally posted by Water Dragon

There's also no jab in the CMA
    WTF are you smoking!?

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

mmm you have lunge punches which really are just jabs... or whatever you want to call it when your leading hand goes in a straight line to the other guy. its a jab.
    "If there is no grand plan; if there is no big picture; if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."

Jow didn't get up early this morning... so he missed all of the fitness models....
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Went to bed late...so I remember the alarm goin off, just didn't wanna work out and go to work on like 3 hours sleep.... kickin myself now. LOL

Goin to Bmore Boxin tonight; I'll let yah know how it goes.

I'll be there tomorrow & thursday morning.
    I Love It When They Call Me Pork Chop-pa

Originally posted by Serpent

WTF are you smoking!?

Some kill, if you must know

The jab was added to the CMA sometime in the early 20th century after a bunch of border skirmishes with the Russians.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

CMA are training methods, not fighting methods. Big difference.
    You sure about that?
    Tai Chi is

Yup. You can train in Tai Chi and Shuai Chiao and BJJ and boxing. Are you going to pick and choose what you use in a fight?

Let the semantical arguing begin.

What if you only train in Tai Chi? Mixing styles does just that---it mixes everything up.

Put peanut butter, ice cream, and milk in a blender, and you have no choice but to drink the milkshake. Don't put them in the blender, and you can choose to eat any of them individually.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    What if you only train in Tai Chi? Mixing styles does just that---it mixes everything up.
    If you're in a fight, and your opponent is standing there dazed, are you NOT gonna haul back and crack him as hard as you can because it's not proper Taiji body mechanic?

and ...

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

"If you're in a fight, and your opponent is standing there dazed, are you NOT gonna haul back and crack him as hard as you can because it's not proper Taiji body mechanic?"

Of course not - hauling back might give him the time to shake it off. Go in for the kill with short range power, homes!
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

and ...
    Put peanut butter, ice cream, and milk in a blender, and you have no choice but to drink the milkshake. Don't put them in the blender, and you can choose to eat any of them individually.
    The point being that if you are trained to fight in one style, you are more than likely going to fight that way. If you mix a bunch of stuff up, then it will look like whatever it looks like.

If you're in a fight, and your opponent is standing there dazed, are you NOT gonna haul back and crack him as hard as you can because it's not proper Taiji body mechanic?
    Why wouldn't a Taiji player hit someone? The Yang style has punches, and I don't see why using them would necessarily contradict your training.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

The point being that if you are trained to fight in one style, you are more than likely going to fight that way. If you mix a bunch of stuff up, then it will look like whatever it looks like.
    again.... and???... LOOKS has nothing to do with the fight... i dont see what the big deal is my stuff not looking like XY or Z... as long as i'm the one NOT getting my azz kicked....... peanut butter milkshake akkk...

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

Originally posted by MasterKiller

Why wouldn't a Taiji player hit someone? The Yang style has punches, and I don't see why using them would necessarily contradict your training.
    What if the punch isn't in Yang style? Are you gonna not use it?

My handwork is currently: Jab, Pi, Beng, Hook, Overhand right. I don't think about which one is boxing and which one is Xing Yi. I'm going to start elbow work soon (I hope) I doubt I'll be worried which is Muay Thai and which is Kun Tao. Please see my sig for more.