Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: New SD Videos at Shaolin Center

How correct is your history? How many times has the story "Hansle and Grettle" changed? History is written by the winners and therefore is Biased. How reliable is history?
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

What does Hansle and Grettle have to do with anything? Regardless, I'm sure, though it has been re-told many times, that someone could trace it back to it's original version. You see, recorded history is kinda funny that way....it's been recorded and can be verified/negated based on evidence. No one plays the "what if this happened instead" game when discussing WWII....they don't have to.

My point is, just don't be blind.....I'm not in the mood to argue the fallacy of history or semantics....It's Friday, and I'm outta here.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 10-03-2003 at 01:56 PM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Yes, tricky indeed...the same way the government has the ablity to change documents. The same way we have never been the bad guy in war. We learn "American" history, not world history. I guarentee you there are a million different stories of wartime atrocities world-wide. But the only way to know if its true is to actually be there, like you prevously said. But that statement in itself contridicts any bashing on SD's lineage or anything else for that matter.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

fake history, made up lineage, forms modified to the point that they aren't even doing the art they say they are- I'd even hazard a guess that quite a few of those forms were picked up via video tapes

lies on top of lies but y'all have no trouble rationalizing it all away, it really is amazing
    Mack 10 just got out of court,
    rollin through tha hood in his super sport ropin Too $hort.
    Eighteens got tha rearview mirrors vibratin

Lets get one thing straight, I trained SD about half a year ago. I'm no longer an SDer and do know of its shaky lineage. I found myself shaking my head at most of the applications. I choose to debate because it keeps me sharp. Debate is the thinking mans way of training...
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Originally posted by Fred Sanford
    fake history, made up lineage, forms modified to the point that they aren't even doing the art they say they are- I'd even hazard a guess that quite a few of those forms were picked up via video tapes

lies on top of lies but y'all have no trouble rationalizing it all away, it really is amazing
    Ok, here's a thought, since this has been mentioned on more than a few occasions. Can anyone out there dig up the 'true' origins of the material that SD is laying claim to? Like produce a video tape that GM Sin 'learned' from to start his illustrious career as a scam artist. Since it's obviously now available on video most likely. And keep in mind that he developed alot of this material and taught it out to black belts before 1970. So where is the original film that he ripped off, that would be an ultimate debunk if someone could produce tangible viewable evidence of even one form that GM Sin teaches and claims as originating from his teacher's through fukien province.

Example, let's see a film of the SD black tiger system that GM Sin learned from and then changed to accomodate his grand scheme of a cult like empire to rob round eyes of their $$$.
    Last edited by ShaolinRogue; 10-03-2003 at 02:48 PM.

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    Man oh man....at every local tournament around here, I always end up fighting a big Indian from a TKD school. It's never the same Indian, but he's always big, regardless.
    How did he fare? The TKD students I have been against don't do or allow any groin attacks, or sweeping the supporting leg.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

OK here's a thought. What is Sin The's Xing Yi lineage? Lineage can't determine whether or not someone is good, but it can verify whether someone had access to the goods or not.

Frankly, I'm rather surprised that the Xing Yi guys are being so cool about this. Let Shaolin Do (the school, not my SC brother) start claiming Shuai Chiao. See who shows up at your door.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

you forgot already sin the's xing yi lineage is from the shaolin temple. how could you forget that?

Well, Xing Yi is not a Shaolin art. If anything, it's Muslim, not Buddhist.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

that's just crazy talk. everyone knows that xing yi is from the shaolin temple

that's just crazy talk. everyone knows that xing yi is from the shaolin temple
    heheheheh

First-Chevalier,
    yes there was a post that attempted to rationalize the history with alternative dates and such, but Illusionfist replied to that (page 7 i believe?) already and addressed it. Is this the 'rebuttal' that you were looking for?

Originally posted by Water Dragon
    Well, Xing Yi is not a Shaolin art. If anything, it's Muslim, not Buddhist.
    I thought it was taoist. Anyway, is it possible that someone who studied Hsing-i took refuge in a temple? Isn't shaolin notorious for absorbing systems into its own?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

XY isn't one of them though....

It should be sort of easy to be like, ok, Sin, where did you learn your XY from?
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

anything is possible

funny nobody seems to make mention of that except your organization and it's pack of lies though.