Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New SD Videos at Shaolin Center

Has anyone ever seen Sin The fight or spar?

Desperate sounding? I want to know what the excuse is of these different praying mantis groups, why do they look different from each other. I think it indicates that they are not authentic.

Really serpent, when are you going to give it a rest? Guess what, I found you a SD school in Australia.

Shaolin Do of Australia

Carlton Baths Community Center
    248 Rathdowne Street
    Carlton, VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA
    (03) 9481-6973

Head Instructor: Maya Kriem (1st Degree Black Belt)

E-Mail: Shaolinaus@iprimus.com.au
    School Web Page: http://www.shaolinaustralia.com/
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

Guess what, I don't give a fuq.

Although it is a shame that it's about a thousand kilometres from me. If it was nearby I would go and check it out. You know that web address doesn't seem to work.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Well if you don't give a 'fuq,' then shut your trap.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab

The SD mantis left a Fukien Shaolin temple around 1875. I would expect there to be variations in techniques from those that were at other temples and those that left at different times. I promise you if I teach a form to someone and 400 years later I come back to see how the form has been passed down, I would see a wide range of variations.
    In regards to mantis history and common links between the styles after all these years, it would probably be best to ask the experts on the mantis board who've allready done extensive research.

Of course you're starting with the assumtion that somehow multiple Northern praying mantis styles that had allready branched off in their own directions outside of Shaolin came to all be taught to one person in the Southern Shaolin Temple.

Originally posted by themeecer
    Well if you don't give a 'fuq,' then shut your trap.
    No, because it's too much fun to play with you, little boy.

I don't give a fuq if there's Shaolin-Do in Australia - it doesn't bother me. The fact that Shaolin-Do exists at all doesn't really bother. As I've said before, I'm sure that a lot of people are getting a lot of pleasure from it and no doubt some of them can even fight.

However, it's built on a pack of lies and the system itself suffers for that. It's the lies that keep me opening my mouth. Admit that your system is Kempo at best and then I'll "shut my trap".
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

I want to know what the excuse is of these different praying mantis groups, why do they look different from each other.
    They don't look that different from each other from the outside, at least from the bits I've seen. I think it would be very easy for someone who doesn't know mantis to mistake a number of the forms as being from a single mantis style. Same way some would look at 24 form Taiji and traditional Yang style Taiji and mistake them for being both from Yang style.

BTW, the australia link aint working.

Admit that your system is Kempo at best and then I'll "shut my trap".
    Wouldn't that be like telling a BJJ guy that claims he's teaching shui jiao to admit he teaches western wrestling?

Their slick marketing probably didn't work over here.

Originally posted by Brad

Wouldn't that be like telling a BJJ guy that claims he's teaching shui jiao to admit he teaches western wrestling?
    LOL.

My point is that if they admit that their system is essentially karate with a hodge podge of Chinese influenced additions, then I have no problem with it.

But it isn't essentially karate no matter how much you want it to be.
    -shaolinarab

It is a shame because I am going to be down near the Aussie SD school in a week or so, but won't have the chance to stop in when there is a class on. Maybe next time I visit Melbourne.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Actually it looks a whole lot like what my first martial arts school used to do... don't really know of a good name for it though, lol.

Originally posted by themeecer
    But it isn't essentially karate no matter how much you want it to be.
    And that's exactly where your delusions have left you stranded.

You admit that you've never studied anything else, you obviously have no experience of any kind of traditional kung fu and you blindly follow what you're told by the cash grabbers in charge.

Why do you think that all the SD people say, "But it's not karate!" and all the kung fu people say, "Looks like karate to me"?

Open your eyes, man. And while you're at it, reassess your belief in creationism.