Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Utilising the Dim Mak in Real Life!

Originally posted by blooming lotus
    not really........... I study because it's the best way to fitness I ever found. self defense is a spin off........ In fact, I'm a bit of a pacifist and don't really wanna ( adeptness aside).......hurt anyone at all outside o class or the ring............
    Then what is the point of studying dim mak??
    I don't see how it fits into the spectrum of 'don't really wanna hurt anyone at all outside the class or the ring'. To me dim mak is for one type of person, the kind that wants to destroy someone's health.
    And as far as fitness goes, I need to exercise to get in shape to train. IMO, MA training (external) is not the BEST fitness program. If it is fitness you want, do Pilates.

you gotta understand...... China is poor land, and folks to go to any length to get a meal... westerners are well dressed and comparitively rich beyond belief ( even when we're thinking finances are needing review)............

most are skilled in arts of deception , theivery and trickery, it's almost a prised trade here , especially in Guandong.........

until you've had your bag slit, and folks follow you home trying to scam you here, i'm sure you couldn't understand.........
    obviously you have never been to Oakland, CA at night (as a white person), or Harlem in NYC. There are dangerous people all around the world.

especially being an ex-model with the whole " ohh.you're soo beautiful line", a chicks gotta take whatever privacy she can swing........
    well, Ms. ex-model/drama queen, keep your privacy. I will continue to believe that people who post outragous claims on an internet forum and provide no evedence as to whether or not they are for real, are a bunch of losers.

some people who are not afraid of who they are;

Victor Parlati
    Phil Redmond
    Terrance Niehoff
    Andrew Nerlich
    Ernie Barrios
    Joy Chaudhuri
    Ray Van Raamsdonk
    Justin Yount (me).........

as far as I know none of these people have been stalked because of this forum, then again I don't think any of them are ex-models (execpt maybe Ernie, he's buff ).

china aside though, .I'm more interested in what you know , or what you wanna , than who you are............ don't you think???
    no I don't agree....

I believe who a person is, is as important as what they know. It's part of knowing a person. If I know a person, I can learn to trust them and therefor accept what they may know with grace. If I do not know and trust someone, the info they provide is compared to those that I do trust and judged likewise.
    Last edited by AmanuJRY; 08-11-2004 at 08:36 AM.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

who you are is a combination of what you know ( or don't) and what you do with it.......... I'm not claiming to be anything special ( re : stalking), but as a foreigner, you get a certain amount more attention...............

dimmak can be distructive, but there are some very points that don't need to take a persons' life.......... I just like to know I'm covered if neccessary........ I'm a little chick you know, and some times, when i'm too busy to maintain peak, my dimmak with basic locks, holds, throws and takedowns is all I can realistically execute...........

it's a big world............. dangers are all about, even in your workplace..............

excerise, is how I know to run a human body, and ma is efficient....... I like to sweat, but it doesn't mean I wanna hurt someone............

dong ma???

who you are is a combination of what you know ( or don't) and what you do with it.......... I'm not claiming to be anything special ( re : stalking), but as a foreigner, you get a certain amount more attention...............
    Who you are is more than what you do and don't know (how you think), it's how you look, how you act, how you feel, etc. The experience of knowing a person is derived from differnt aspects of being. I'll admit, there is only so much you can know about a person from online conversations, but the aspect of privacy that you desire, only makes it harder.

I just don't see the connection from the 'stalkers' to internet forums, not that it's impossible, just improbable that any info you put online (name and general location, not specific address or other detailed personal info) would be useful to them. And if you stand out already being a foreigner, I don't see how putting your name on the internet is going to do any harm, but if you feel it is putting you in danger by all means do what you must to protect yourself.

dimmak can be distructive, but there are some very points that don't need to take a persons' life.......... I just like to know I'm covered if neccessary........ I'm a little chick you know, and some times, when i'm too busy to maintain peak, my dimmak with basic locks, holds, throws and takedowns is all I can realistically execute...........
    Firs off, 'locks, holds, throws and takedowns' are not dim mak. They would more accurately be chin na. And, although dim mak is based on TCM, it's intent is destruction as opposed to healing.
    So;

TCM = healing arts
    dim mak = destructive art, based on theory of TCM
    chin na = siezing and holding art

and to boot, if you are a small person, it will take many, many, many years to perfect any grappling art that would work for you against larger/stronger opponents (especially in a country where more people are likely to be trained in something). I would more focus on striking, and striking sensitive, vital targets.

excerise, is how I know to run a human body, and ma is efficient....... I like to sweat, but it doesn't mean I wanna hurt someone............
    pilates will make you sweat, areobics will make you sweat, running will make you sweat, riding a bike will make you sweat, weight training will make you sweat, even yoga will make you sweat (if done right)........

Anyone, and I mean ANYONE, who studies MA does so with more than just the intent to exercise. IMO, the breathing exercises of chi gung are definately beneficial to health, but then chi gung evolved from the same source as yoga. Neither dim mak, nor chin na exercise your body that much (by themselves), it's the MA that you use as a conduit for them that does.

Not wanting to hurt people is an honorable thing, but don't fool yourself, you need to be resolved in hurting someone if they present danger to your person. That is why you study MA instead of just yoga or areobics.

BTW, so you know, I don't believe you post outrageous claims, so as to you not wanting to reveal your ID, I accept it with measure. As for people like dimmakseminar, who do post that stuff (claims of being registered with police and entering the UFC) and don't reveal their ID, are the ones that are dishonorable.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

Originally posted by AmanuJRY

Victor Parlati
    Phil Redmond
    Terrance Niehoff
    Andrew Nerlich
    Ernie Barrios
    Joy Chaudhuri
    Ray Van Raamsdonk
    Justin Yount (me).........
    In the spirit of "put up or shut up" my real name is Simon McNeil.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

dude.that was unneccessary.

don't be hackled by the trolls, the minute they think you're competitive, they'll ride it or kiss it..........and that's life on the forum.

You talking to me BL cuz I don't like the use of internet annonymity as a sheild to bull****. So I guess - if it was me you were referring to - I am listening to the "troll". Otherwise, be more specific in future.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

No ?? Well okay, though through this means it allows us to share more of our knowledge and intimate information without fear of repercussion. As long as you keep me thinking, I really don't need your personal details.

LOL! bl, who is the worst troll on the entire forum, calling anyone else a troll is soooo laughable!
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

To me a troll is posting irrelavant negativity without content of points of ma relevant information. I somehow, don't think I qualify.

bl, your posts are ALWAYS either irrelevant, or full of lies and false information. You post only to get people to pay attention to you. THAT is trolling.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

To me a troll is posting irrelavant negativity without content of points of ma relevant information. I somehow, don't think I qualify.
    Troll comes from fishing - to troll a lure. i.e. pull a lure slowly behind a boat. The lure looks pretty and wiggles seductively. The gullible fish maybe knows it shouldn't, but it's sooo tempting so *snap!* it bites, and it's hooked.

The analogy is someone knowingly puts out some inflammatory information. Others see the shiny new post and try to resist biting, but they can't and *wham!* suddenly they're hooked. You seem to get people hooked on threads with your inflammatory comments Eyebrows. The only thing is, most of the time I don't think you know you're trolling. Insanity does that to people.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

I know I'm contraversial, ,

but what "new " thought and development comes from going with the grain?? At least you're thinking now right??

*Sigh*
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

this thread is about dim mak and sigh right back atchya..... anything to add or just looking for a scapegoat???

Scapegoat for what?
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust