Thread: Take a bite-Online dish for boxing fans

Post Take a bite-Online dish for boxing fans

If you like boxing you will like this, if you like old school bareknuckle boxing you will really like this, a long time ago I put up these links and I think it would be a good time to share them again but this time together.

The first is a great testament page filled with good pics to those old school pugilists of the past. Hard fighting men like John L. Sullivan, Jack Johnson and one of my faves Bob Fitzsimmons. Check it out.

http://www.geocities.com/unlicensed2...reknuckle.html

The next is a online instructional copy of Edmund Prices 1867 Science of Self Defense. Towards the bottom you have links to pics of his methods of all in fighting. His 7 bare knuckle blows, his 7 parries, stance, chancery (grappling & wrestling), cross-buttocks throw, fibbing, bagwork (most hitting bags back then were very small-30-50 lbs) and physical training ideas.

Back when pugilism was a Long John Silver platter of boxing and wrestling. This is one of my favorite online boxing manuels.

http://www.geocities.com/cinaet/price.html

Hope the links still work.

Enjoy
    Regards

Thumbs up

good
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

good call, BJ.

I love that Unlicenced2000 site. Had it bookmarked for a while.
    "Oh LORD, please spare our eyes"- Traditional Prayer before an English Singlestick Match

hey check this out...

best bare knuckle article i ever read....

http://www.buddha-fist.com/modules.p...icle&artid=104

Does anyone still teach it this way, with sweeps, disbalancing and wrestling? I remember seeing a fight last Saturday between 2 best friends... It was Byrd vs McCline or McCleine. Did anyone see it? Now McCline was a freakin monster compared to Byrd. So of course they couldn't duke it out like most fighters do. Byrd had what reminded me of a bareknuckle stance. Foot forward, hands held high and outstretched infront of him. Perfect defense, dodging and deflecting......i especially liked the double backhands but he couldn't carry the knockout. Best boxing match i ever saw though.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin