Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051

Thread: Ross vs. Abel

I'm just glad civility has returned to the challenge match. Coach Ross and Sifu Abel can argue methodology and choose to 'cross hands' and still have enough Wu De not to disagree over everything...

This Tit Sa guy is vague, and full of the typical 'oh if you only knew what I knew" BS.

Tit Sa - besides an unfortunate moniker, what is your name? Your credentials? WTF are you, and why should we care?

Ross and Abel are open books. For all we know you are a washed up coffee boy...so step up to the plate...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

Uhhhh......this is rather getting tiresome.

Bai He-

I mention this somewhere in the past.

I said something like, I feel it is almost not his(Ross) fault, because he was taught in such a messed up way. He doesn't know, he is the student not the teacher.

Wink

I may actually search for it. But this thread makes about as much sense as a rugby scrum when you're dropping in here and there .

I also did not have the greatest experience in the WC arts and I can sort of get where Ross and yourself are coming from, when I read between the lines.

Anyhow - We will beat the "Chi Girl" and " Shaolin-Do answers nothing" threads!

For the 389th time, Tit Sa aka Johhny Lee aka Coffee Boy NEVER saw anything I learned or how I trained, so anything he says regarding me is total 100% BS...

The White Crane school HIRED, as in PAID, Chan Tai San to teach forms to the students there. So he did, who wouldn't teach if someone was willing to pay you.

That group was NOT his primary class. I was not part of that group, and thus, YET AGAIN, "Tit Sa"/coffee boy never saw how or what I was taught.

Chan Tai San maintained his primary class at his school on Bayard street. Steve Ventura, Stephen Innocenzi, Stephen Laurette, et al learned there... Tit Sa was never there.

I've studied with a lot of great masters both BEFORE and After I met Chan Tai San

BEFORE = Jeng Hsin Ping, Thomas Yeung, Wing Hong Yip

AFTER = Y C Wong, Adam Hsu, Daniel Weng, etc

Trust me, I have seen "good kung fu" and Chan Tai San's was the best

Now, once again

WHERE IS MY F-IN COFFEE?
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Originally posted by Tit Sa

Chan tai san would teach, part of a form one week, then next week, he would completly change it.

Then when people say to him wasn't it this? Then he would say...oh....yeah.....yeah...like that.

It lead us to believe up at white crane school; either he was making stuff up, or absent minded.

Either case not a sifu I would want to learn from.

Sifu John Tsai was also known for his lack of forms. It's been said that he would have other sifu come in to teach his forms. I have talked to Sifu Tsai's son, and he told me that he didn't know the same forms that I know, and I trained in the same lineage.

However, NOBODY will dispute the fact that Tsai is a freakin awesome fighter. The point? What you are stating really doesn't discredit anything, as it's already been stated that he advocated fighting. Either way it goes, he produced fighters.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Unhappy

Traditional sucks / Traditional rocks

Traditional produces fighters / only San Shou produces fighters

I studied in this building / I studied in that building

Where is my coffee and flan? No stewardesses on this roller coaster?

This thread has become a virtual mirgraine. Point, counterpoint + piffle. This is truly nuts.

Good luck when you guys cross hands or exchange recipes, if the other can find the other's building.

Seven Star,
    You are correct in your assesment of Tsai's school. I did some priviate work with former students of his after the school in Norridge (Harlem/Irving) closed down, and neither of them knew the same sets (One was suposedly a former Brown sash under him).

One had a beginner set called the "Seven Stances Fist", that is VERY close to one I have called "Wu Bu Chuan" (I learned it at Tsai's, but forgot the name till I saw it in the manuals. I still don't remeber wht it was called in his school.), At the time, I thought it was Tsai's set, but in reacent conversations with his son Jonny Tsai, I know now it's not really part of Tsai's personal system.

When I asked him what they teach, all he would say is it's a mix of Northern and Southern Kung Fu, no specifics as to style, or origin. Only Tsai and his children, and maybe several of his closest seniors know for sure what it is they do. The same could be said for alot of schools, and masters.

People teach for $$, and what they teach is often based on what they feel their students WANT to learn. This may very well be the case with Chan Tai San. if so, and Ross has the book's, then I'm going to have to side with him.

I hate to say it Tit sa, but Ross DOES have the more credible argument. If Chan Tai San was in fact paid or contracted to teach "Forms" at the White Crane school, then that's what he's going to teach. If he had been paid to teach you guys the inside of those forms (Aka how to fight), then I'm sure he would have done that as well, but based on what you say about his curriculem, I'd have to say he was brought in to your school to do a job, and that job was to teach forms, NOT how to use them to learn fighting skill.

Ross sounds like a man who followed a true descipleship, hence it makes more sense that he got the full teachings. If you were a student at the previously mentioned White Cranes school, it stands to reason that you did not.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I am SHOCKED and HORRIFIED to find out this had dropped to the 2nd page of the forum

Well, we need to get this started again clearly, you all suck

Let the flames begin!

Actually, this thread has some good stuff in it if you can read through all the crap
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I think this thread contains about half of your total post count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

lkfmdc,
    What is your opinion of Pan Qingfu?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    lkfmdc,
    What is your opinion of Pan Qingfu?
    His knuckles are the hand equivalent of Shane Macgowan's teeth.
    "Oh LORD, please spare our eyes"- Traditional Prayer before an English Singlestick Match