Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross vs. Abel

Said that it is my belief that if you spar more than 30% of your time you are sparring too much. And that the sparring should be supervised and criticised by your Sifu.
    I disagree to some extent, but that's just disagreement, nothing more.

TJM, I hear what you're saying and I gotcha! Dig it.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Originally posted by Merryprankster

I disagree to some extent, but that's just disagreement, nothing more.

TJM, I hear what you're saying and I gotcha! Dig it.
    Yup. I don't think we will ever see fully eye to eye, but than I think it is because of the way our training is structure in my style.

I love when Abel talks crap and puts his foot in his mouth....

Shi Yan Ming is exactly the so called "san shou champion" who doesn't teach sparring I was talking about and about two years ago when he opened his dumb mouth too much I personally sent him a challenge IN CHINESE. Considering we are in the same city, less that 15 minutes distance by subway, and I offered to fight him IN HIS SCHOOL WITH NO RULES or with rules (HIS CHOICE) you'd think the big bad shaolin monk would have put his money where his mouth was...

He came up with about six million excuses why he couldn't fight me. Yeah, me, you know, the joke....

So I offered to fight one of his students. He said none of them even spar and can't fight....

So much for the shaolin BS....

I really love how he teaches the Taiji he learned from Guang Yi Ren and calls it "Shaolin Taiji"

I think he was just taking pity on the crazy Guai Lo.

Dream.................on...............

I think Ross vs. Abel should be a saturday morning kids show with sock puppets.
    "In choosing your dwelling, know how to keep to the ground.
    In cultivating your mind, know how to dive in the hidden depths.
    In dealing with others, know how to be gentle and kind.
    In speaking, know how to keep your words.
    In governing, know how to maintain order.
    In transacting business, know how to be efficient.
    In making a move, know how to choose the right moment.
    If you do not strive with others, you will be free from blame."
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching
    An eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

I thought Yan Ming did not teach any kind of fighting in his classes. When did he start offering San Shou?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Doesnt Dr. Yang teach in new york?
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching

Abel, you keep deluding yourself buddy. You've dug a pretty deep hole for yourself based upon trying to convince yourself that I have no skill.

Any Shi Yan Ming students here? Remind your FRAUD of a pork eating shaolin monk that any time, any place, including in his own school, I'll be happy to fight him. We can do a San Da exhibition at the November championships, we could do a "charity match" ala Wu Gung Yee vs Chan Hak Fu. We could do it for "kid's kicking cancer" which is to help kids with cancer. That's a good cause.

Shi Yan Ming is 15 minutes away from me. So it's quite easy to set up. He sure had a lot of crap to say to his students in class, too bad a lot of them left him and came to NYKK so we heard it.

People here have very short memories apparently.... maybe we need to remind them once in a while

Dr. Ming is another guy.

I talking about this guy: SYM

Ahhh.... Discovery channel did a study on the top 10 martial arts styles in the world.... #1 was kung fu....
    That guys school was the one on TV for it.

"People here have very short memories apparently.... maybe we need to remind them once in a while"

I just dont remember cr@p that isnt important. And some other things.
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching

yeah, the same show had as #2 NINJITSU, so take that into consideration.....

BTW, While Chan Tai San was NOT a monk, he was an orphan raised in a monastery (not a Shaolin monastery, just a regular old Buddhist one). He found it amusing that a lot of the so called "monks" can't even chant. He could chant more and better than they could!

Like me, my teacher was not at all fond of BS....

Originally posted by Shaolin-Do
    I think Ross vs. Abel should be a saturday morning kids show with sock puppets.
    SD, you're great. Always count on you for a good laugh at all this ego.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

"#2 NINJITSU"
    Actually #2 was Karate.
    #3 was Muay Thai.

That doesnt matter tho. #1 was kung fu.

"SD, you're great. Always count on you for a good laugh at all this ego."

I break ego's like balsa wood.
    With my chi, of course.
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching

Master Killer, I will respond directly to you as everytime I don't spell out an answer in black and white I get accused of evading questions....

Re Shi Yan Ming, all he teaches are forms. Mostly contemporary wushu standardized sets. Yet he found it necessary in his classes to talk about how he was a san shou champion, how only shaolin is real san shou, how only he knows real san shou, and assorted BS...

I guess a lot of his students got tired of hearing about san shou while only do forms so they left, we have a pile of them in our schools.... they do nice stretch kicks, because that's all they do for like a month or two

Arrow Oh well i tried to warn you!

Well being one of the ppl on this forum that knows SifuAbel outside of this forum.That has seen him fight and have been hit by him also.

I feel sorry for you Mr.Ross!

I understand what you are saying about many kung fu schools and i agree to a point with you.But Kung Fu Connection in Miami,Fl is not one of those schools.Yes we did forms but we also did "Full Contact" sparring.Infact i would not call it sparring it was fighting!We had students at the school that were boxers both pro and amature.So there was no holding back when we sparred.We also had some guys that only cared about fighting.They did'nt care about forms and weapons training.

We dominated every tournament we entered in "Full Contact" not point sparring.Like you yourself said San Shou was not big in the US back then ,but there were full contact events.Most events we were DQ because we knocked out our opponents.

I'm not doubting your experience and i sure to hell hope you're not taking SifuAbel lightly?

Anyway being that i know SifuAbel as a teacher,friend,and most important as a brother. I know when he is serious and means business.Just like he says you need to be ready at every corner you turn.Because just like he stated he's going to show up somewhere and he's going to be ready to fight!

I just hope for your sake you are all you claim to be?I remember a Wing Chun guy who got Abel ticked off and he beat that guy silly without the guy even landing anything.SifuAbel although a good person loves to fight.We did alot of fighting at our school whether you believe that or not .And it was'nt point fighting as you seem to think.

I've learned three different styles from two schools.Bak Sil Lum and Cheung Kune Pai from SifuAbel and Sifu Gus Rubio III at Kung Fu Connection.And now Black Tiger from C.Kuen Woo (Fred Woo) .In either school i've never done any of the things you say that TCMA schools do that bring kung fu a black eye.In both schools i've learned very rare styles with great lineages.If you have never heard of Chan Kwok Wai or Chin Bak Hay (Kenny Chin)then you have been lost somewhere.I know you have to have heard of the "Ten Tigers Of Canton" Su Hak Fu was one of them and created Hak Fu Muhn (Black Tiger Style).

To label all kung fu styles together because some do teach crap is a dumb thing on your part.The way you make it sound is that no one with TCMA teaching can fight. I guess that means you and your sifu as well? One thing you have to understand as a fighter is this.

Either you have "it" or you don't!

You can make up for somethings but if you could'nt fight at all before training.You'll never be a great fighter after training.Great fighters are'nt made.They are born and natural ability with training is what makes them great.

Good Luck Mr.Ross you are going to need it.

jeff
    Last edited by jmd161; 10-10-2003 at 09:05 AM.
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)