Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arnie Wins California!

Hybrid View

Talking Arnie Wins California!

Gray Davis has been TERMINATED!

What a laugh!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Thumbs up

Way to go Arnie.

come on guys, Kungfu, remember?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

OK.

Look everyone at Arnie's great kung fu in overthrowing a lesser opponent in a battle in which no one was physiaclly hurt. We could all learn from his example and apply his methods to our own arts.

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Originally posted by Kung Lek
    Yeah guys remeber, we are not people, we are just so many hits on a web page.

"I AM A MACHI... Uhh I MEAN GOVERNOR"

Originally posted by Kung Lek
    Ahnold could beat the shit out of Royce.
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

And he would kick bruce lee's sorry ass

All politicians are comedians anyway!

Why The Terminator Won

Why Schwarzenegger Won

The Democrats messed up big-time in California, but Arnold had major help from a supposedly neutral media.
    By Stewart Nusbaumer

Democrats did it again -- blew an election they should have won easily.

In a super heavy Democratic state with a spoiler candidate to divide the Republican vote, the Democrats somehow managed to lose the California governorship. And decisively!

In both substance and message, the Democrats failed miserably. On the issue front, the Governor's raising of the car tax and allowing of drivers’ licenses to illegals -- that’s right, illegals, not "undocumented residents," not "guest workers," but illegal aliens -- became symbols of a Democratic government out of whack if not mind. As for message, the Party never hammered hard that Arnold was “scared to debate” -- the Terminator in hiding? -- and that he was confusing “Hollywood with California,” noting there are significant differences. The Democratic positions were weak and muddled so voters turned elsewhere, and that elsewhere was Arnold.

To give this limpness and confusion political meaning, there was the intense undercurrent of citizen discontent, a growing hostility toward the Democratic establishment that was ripe to explode. The Democrats, however, never seemed to comprehend the depth and breath of this anger. Well, until it was too late. Arnold won the election not because of the issues, then, he simply rode to victory on deep dissatisfaction with the status quo which was the Democrats.

In February I wrote “What's Wrong With Populism?” and discussed the need for Democrats to change their elitist tune, and fast! (Democrats can't defeat the Republicans in elitism, although they are trying.) The need for Democrats to genuinely listen to and respect what average Americans say, their opinions and their suggestions, and then integrate what is heard into a progressive, populist agenda. The tripling of the car tax in California did not hurt the wealthy, but with a dismal economy it certainly annoyed the average Californian. Ignoring illegal immigration is what Big Business advocates, and certain other narrow-minded groups, but many American workers feel threatened by and even more oppose this essentially open border mentality. There are numerous populist issues Democrats should embrace, but don't.

The discontent and anger in California was not limited to White Men, as Democrats too often convince themselves. It included women, of course, who also gave a plurality of their votes to Arnold. It included Latinos, nearly half of whom voted for the recall of Democrat Grey Davis and a third voted for Arnold, against Cruz Bustamante a fellow Latino.

“Gray Davis took California from a 70 billion surplus to 38 billion deficit in 5 years,” said a Californian who voted for Schwarzenegger.

"The State of California is a mess," another discontent exploded in the face of a TV reporter.

If the system is not functioning, “then the people will turn to a man on a white horse,” said former California governor and present Oakland mayor Jerry Brown on MSNBC.

At one time in Germany, this savior was someone called Adolph Hitler, presently in California the savior is someone called Arnold. (Interestingly, both emigrated from Australia.) Californians are angry about their sinking economy and ballooning budget deficit and high taxes, but maybe most of all, they are angry that they are fearful of the future. So they wanted change. The Democrats did not respond to their fear and anger, except with the same old politics -- give the Latinos this, the Native Americans that, etc -- so voters moved on. Not necessarily to something different, but to simply another.

Severely disconnected from the masses of Californians, the Democratic Party has paid the price of having its governor recalled -- the first governor recalled in America in 82 years! It was one pathetic Democratic performance.

In addition to widespread voter dissatisfaction which was the raw fuel that propelled an incompetent Gray Davis out of office and blocked a dull Cruz Bustamante from entering, there was another crucial factor that shaped the outcome of this election. I’m talking about the media.

The function of media in the United States is to make money, as much money as possible. It does this by selling advertising; the larger the audience, the more money it makes from advertisers. In America, a movie star, especially an action-hero movie star as popular as Arnold Schwarzenegger, attracts much larger viewing audiences than a dry, uncharismatic politician, regardless if he is governor or lieutenant governor of our largest state. Arnold was better for business, for making money, so Arnold was everywhere in the media.

Immediately after the only debate, a heavily restricted debate, every television news station carried Arnold’s press conference live giving him an unfair opportunity to shape opinion. Day after day, Arnold’s face and voice was on television. The print media gave him significantly more space than the other candidates. Even radio presented an unbalanced coverage of the election.

For the television lights to shine on his candidacy, Arnold didn’t even have to give interviews, didn’t even have to lay out a plan of action, and hardly had to debate the other candidates. Humongous coverage, more than even Ronald Reagan could fantasize, came running and all Arnold had to do was smile and repeat a few memorized lines. With Arnold's media coverage dwarfing that of the other candidates, and with the Democrats stuck in the past, the fate of the election was sealed.

Arnold won the election because of the failure of Democrats and the unfairness of media in pursuit of star power for corporate profit. But we shouldn’t be surprised since health care, increasingly education, and regular political campaigns all operate according to the profit motive in America. All have dominating financial interests where business does not belong. This recall election was simply another sphere where money dominated, the media in pursuit of the dominate money. And Democrats helped by saying little of signifance and doing nearly nothing.

Stewart Nusbaumer is editor of Intervention Magazine.

Red face

It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Speaking of a "supposedly neutral media" , from this article:

"At one time in Germany, this savior was someone called Adolph Hitler, presently in California the savior is someone called Arnold."

This person just compared Arnold to Adolph, and he's complaining about how the media doesn't stay neutral.

At least this one was a commentary and not a supposedly objective article. Everyone's got an angle, it just depends on your personal biases whether or not you notice or at least object.
    Keep it simple, stupid.

At one time in Germany, this savior was someone called Adolph Hitler, presently in California the savior is someone called Arnold. (Interestingly, both emigrated from Australia.)
    Australia?!?

Curse you, Crocodile Dundee!!! (shakes fist)
    There is a great streak of violence in every human being. If it is not channeled and understood, it will break out in war or in madness. ~Sam Peckinpah

Radhnoti

Right,I agree with you on that one.

I figured I'd post it before the liberals got a chance too,after all thats a better argument than the so called "groping" issue.
    Or the "Blow Job Bill Issue"

Arnold's a RINO anyway

Arnold's a pimp
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv