Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eating for Arsekicking (Recipe Exchange)

here's my contribution:

www.recipesource.com
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Drink at least gallon of water a day. You will lose weight because your body won't "hoard" water.
    MP, a few years ago, I lost about 50-lbs in 4 months by cutting sodas completely out and drinking 1 gallon of water a day.

However, I noticed something funny the last 2 months. I've been drinking at least 1 gallon of water a day for about 3 1/2 years. Recently, I've cut back to 1/2 gallon a day, and I dropped 7 lbs in almost 7 days. My workout and diet has been consistent, so they only thing I can attribute the weight loss to is cutting out the water.

Is it possible that I was carrying a lot of extra water-weight, even though I was pizzing most of it out all day long?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

MP-- I cook for my roommates, so I forgot to scale that recipe down to a single serving. Divide the proportions by 3, and it should be better.

Also, a question-- is there a a way to drop weight without losing too much muscle? I know you're going to lose some when you lose weight, but I'd like to keep that to a minimum.
    "Oh LORD, please spare our eyes"- Traditional Prayer before an English Singlestick Match

Ensuring you get enough protein is the best way to spare muscle.

Is it possible that I was carrying a lot of extra water-weight, even though I was pizzing most of it out all day long?
    This is exactly it. Your body gets used to that level of hydration and feels "free to pee" so to speak. It lets the water go more easily through respiration, elimination, etc. When you cut back, you were still eliminating water as though it was 1-gallon worth. so you lost weight.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

I am not a iron chief but I do work in the nutritional industry and if you are worried about losing muscle with your diet you can use supplemental nutrients to back up the protein in your diet like a free-from amino acid complex which supplies protein for repair and rebuilding of body tissues. In specific L-Arginine would be a good solo amino acid to take as well. Creatine may also provide benefits to stop muscle wasting.

If you are looking to slow down and suppress hunger cravings L-Tyrosine is a amino acid which has these qualities.

Sometimes if you are looking to lose weight a bulk cleanse product (not a laxative) full of fiber and detoxifing herbs is good to look into.

Go to Sherwyns in the city for products. They know there stuff.

Cheers
    Last edited by Black Jack; 10-09-2003 at 10:16 AM.
    Regards

Originally posted by Merryprankster

Weigh yourself every morning after your ****. You need to know how much water weight you lose overnight. This will be a factor w/regards to the last few pounds. I lose 4-5 pounds overnight.

How do you know you won't be constipated the day of the match?

(sorry)

actually, it's p i s s.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"cut out soda,"
    Works great. I feel hella better since I cut out sodas 4 weeks ago.

Fruit juices? Why?
    <- Im gaining weight, not losing it.

I love fruit juices. (Dole, juicy juice, minute maid.... ect...)
    "In choosing your dwelling, know how to keep to the ground.
    In cultivating your mind, know how to dive in the hidden depths.
    In dealing with others, know how to be gentle and kind.
    In speaking, know how to keep your words.
    In governing, know how to maintain order.
    In transacting business, know how to be efficient.
    In making a move, know how to choose the right moment.
    If you do not strive with others, you will be free from blame."
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching
    An eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

It's hidden sugar. People don't think about it, but it's calories. And calories count, especially since most people are drinking it because they are thirsty, not hungry.

Water instead.

Fruit juices = Ok if you are gaining weight?
    I love my juice.

I drink lots tea as well. (green tea)
    Eat lots of lean protein. Eat lots of carbohydrates.
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching

Hell, if you want to gain weight, eat everything in sight!

Yeah--don't need to worry about it gaining weight.

"Yeah--don't need to worry about it gaining weight."

Thats what I like to hear!
    Mmmm..... Flan...

I try to eat as much as possible. Since I started the whey, Ive actually been making gains of ~1lb a day. (after weight fluxuations)
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching

Since I've went on the whey I've noticed a weight gain, but it's levelled off. Also, I recently gained 10 pounds in two days (!). Actually most of that was due to fluctuation - the first weigh was right after a long day of working out/training, while the second weigh was 3 hefty dinners later....

Originally posted by Merryprankster

The below may limit your interest in this thread but for those times when you need to limit your calorie intake, but just HAVE to eat... plus ummm....clean yourself out, try this:

1 lbs of fresh spinach (I prefer baby. I'm a snot, so sue me.)
    2 T of minced garlic
    8-12 hot green peppers. I like thai bird, jalapeno or serrano.

Heat a large pot (or wok) over high heat. Add about one tablespoon of oil in the bottom and around one-half teaspoon of salt and the garlic and peppers. Saute and keep from burning. Just as the garlic starts to slightly brown, add the spinach. Stir a bit to coat (I use tongs). Pull off the heat just as it starts to wilt. Cover and allow to sit for a few minutes. You should have a not overcooked spinach dish.

Too the above......

Add equal parts of Sesame seed oil,Soy Sauce and sugar/vinegar,serve hot or chill

Originally posted by Serpent

Common misconception. It says Olive oil, which is actually good for you so long as you don't fry the crap out of it. It's not a saturated fat, like animal oils, so therefore not bad.
    Olive oil is around 92% total fat and 11% saturated fat. 1 cup of oil is around 250 grams, or around 27g of saturated fat and 220g total fat. That's a lot of both considering lean beaf is only around 5% total fat and probably around 2.5% saturated.

Olive oil is good, but I don't like soaking my foods in it. I use about a table spoon for stirfrys.