Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite jacked up moments from kung fu movies

Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe
    Jet Li sux. But it was a cool concept.

I prefer flicks such as:
    -a snake in the eagles shadow
    -Drunken Master
    -Spiritual Kung Fu

All of which have horrible acting, but supurb Fight sceens.
    If you gauge KF movies for acting then your watching them for all the wrong reasons. I've yet to see a single KF movie with good acting...

You obviously haven't seen the right ones.....
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Fist of Legend with Jet Li had good acting too.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

...if by 'good' you mean 'not completely embarassing.'

Once again, if you've never had a role that DID NOT require you to perform a spinning crescent kick, you are NOT a real actor.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

4. Thumbs up

I beg to disagree but if your role is dependent on a kick,I´m willing to bet that the actor won´t grow too hot.
    The sunset´s setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

well........ as good as acting can get (almost) in a movie that is build up by different fight scenes.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

That was I think "Twin Dragons" aka "Tai Chi Master".

Either that or one of the Fong Sai Yuk movies.

Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe
    My favorite KF movie moment has to be the Jet Li flick where he's blind-folded and has an ass load of Katanas. He walks through an alley just cutting people up. What flick was that?
    David Williams
    http://www.wingchun.com
    Kim sut, Lok ma, Ting yu, Dung tao, Mai jiang

Also in Big Boss, or whatever it is we're calling it. I love the bit where Bruce Lee has to fight all those Alsatian dogs and they're all flying around over his head and stuff.

My least favourite jacked up kung fu movie moment has to be in Dragon's Claws. The old master is making some kind of medicinal remedy/tonic for the star of the show, and the essential ingredient is children's urine . Thanks to this crazy old man the local kids end up having a pissing competition.. mostly just pissing in the old dude's face. Then he goes and serves it to the unsuspecting student who chokes as soon as he samples it. He asks "What is this", at which the master goes (in his best dodgy old man voice) "children's urine".

It's hilarious, but kind of disturbing at the same time.
    Last edited by wooha; 10-15-2003 at 07:46 AM.

Originally posted by FatherDog
    Also in CTHD, in the bar scene where all the guys are attacking the chick with the sword, you can see that one of them is wielding a giant abacus.

WTF?
    He left his slide rule at home, duh!
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

LOL

I liked the Street Fighter 2 sequence in Jackie Chan's City Hunter. When Gary Daniels and Jackie Chan were Ken and Chun Li.
    I have a signature.

That was sorta cool yea