Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Krav Maga

Quote Originally Posted by KungFubar View Post
    What do you guys think of Krav Maga for self defense?
    if you're learning it in the Israeli military it's excellent, if you're learning it at the local Zumba fitness facility it's utter cr@p.

If it's good enough for him.....
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    if you're learning it in the Israeli military it's excellent, if you're learning it at the local Zumba fitness facility it's utter cr@p.
    point, game, and match.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I dont even know if i would agree there. Anyone see the fight quest episode on Krav they went to the israeli military and they were showing them a load of crap

look AT 13:42

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T610Sc1HONo

watch how they all dogpile the host when he runs the course but when the instructor does it they attack her one by one with slowed down soft haymaykers she deflects with her flailing kenpo hands.

Put this instructor in a gi in a stripmall and people would be calling it bullshido immediately

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    I dont even know if i would agree there. Anyone see the fight quest episode on Krav they went to the israeli military and they were showing them a load of crap

look AT 13:42

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T610Sc1HONo

watch how they all dogpile the host when he runs the course but when the instructor does it they attack her one by one with slowed down soft haymaykers she deflects with her flailing kenpo hands.

Put this instructor in a gi in a stripmall and people would be calling it bullshido immediately
    There is BS in almost EVERY MA nowadays.
    Just a fact of life it seems.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    There is BS in almost EVERY MA nowadays.
    Just a fact of life it seems.
    Not Ameri-do-Te

Not Ameri-do-Te
    Cut Sanjuro some slack. He said almost
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

apparently from what youtube tells me, this guy is the 'best in the world'! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjmBPFPTq-g
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I'm inherently suspicious of fighting styles that depend on dirty fighting. Because the truth is that anybody can fight dirty if they want to - so if dirty is all you've got you're falling behind.

And the knife defense thing at 5 minutes on the Fight Quest video will get you cut.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    I'm inherently suspicious of fighting styles that depend on dirty fighting. Because the truth is that anybody can fight dirty if they want to - so if dirty is all you've got you're falling behind.
    Then you don't like kung fu???

Ooooh burn!

Honestly? When Kung Fu is taught as nothing but dirty fighting, yeah, it deserves to get called out.

Frankly most of my fondness for Kung Fu has more to do with literature and archaic weapons than anything resembling real fighting. For that I'm happy enough to be a filthy kickboxer.

Then again, that's not likely to surprise you considering my posting history.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Look at it this way, who has a better chance?

A person that can fight well with and without rules
    A person that needs to "fight dirty"

As I have often pointed out, rules LEVEL the fight and if you can't beat someone on a level field, then how to you expect to beat them if they are not restricted ?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !