Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Krav Maga

Check out the little guy at about 28,30 seconds in on this video
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

at "murdering packets of pretzels" i started laughing too hard. what did you say?

Pic of the 'fight'.

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Pic of the 'fight'.

Dunno if that's a fight, but that guy sure is a warrior.

Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    at "murdering packets of pretzels" i started laughing too hard. what did you say?
    HA sorry thats my english slang starting to come through... "very enthusiastically eating http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretzel

TaiChi Mantis - thanks for the vid, those take downs were pretty awesome. Mr Tunks fighters are very good. I will work more on my rooting, and then invite this dude for a 2nd round.

sounds like you did a good job.

Hi Monkeyfoot,

I feel the last thing you need to spend time working on is your rooting or some "techniques". You need to focus on developing your reactionary skills under pressure. The root and dynamic balance will come naturally.

One of the biggest problems I see with many martial artists is the age old question, "What technique should I use for some given scenario?". Fights are situational and they will never go down in just the same way. You shouldnt have to "think" about what you would do given a certain situation, its better to have a specific reaction installed. So what to use against a bigger guy? Who knows; when he moves, your reaction should be able to take over and you just do it--if this doesnt take place, then your reaction needs work...

I would have walked away. In my opinion I don't fight unless it's sanctioned and I get paid. It sounds like you allowed your ego to get the best of you.

Big guys? hmmmm, I say punch his biceps multiple times .

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyfoot View Post
    WingChun
    lol ok dcfffffdf

Quote Originally Posted by ManilaCrane View Post
    Big guys? hmmmm, I say punch his biceps multiple times .
    8:09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIayqMhNPBo
    Hey, if it works against mean british boxing champions...

Quote Originally Posted by shaolin View Post
    i would have walked away. In my opinion i don't fight unless it's sanctioned and i get paid. .
    exactly
    :d:d:d

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

i used to fight with my really large friend all the time he generally did the same thing to me, eventually i got sick of it and told him 'hey if you are going to just rush me and try to bear hug me then fall on me, im going to start trying to kick your knees out so you cant even walk.'

it was friendly of course, and he soon understood that i was basically tellin ghim that what i would need to do, being the smaller man, to avoid / stop his aggresive use of his size, i cant do without seriously trying to hurt him.

lifes not fair
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    lol ok dcfffffdf
    "Lol ok" what?

Shaolin - Whats it matter even if a slight ego got hold of me. It wasn't ego at all anyways. I'd prefer to spar and test my Kung Fu against a different style than arm chair kung fu my whole life. Why do you think Kung Fu gets such a bad name... because lots of people hide behind the 'my techniques are too dangerous''.... Test your skills, thats the only way we improve.

Plum Dragon - Thanks for the advice. You see I'm not training in class anymore as my sifu stopped teaching, so I don't get a chance to spar that much. I'm not sure what other ways I can train reactions...

Lucas - I did the same thing and ended up kicking the guys knees. Not enough to damage, but I temporarily hindered his movement
    Last edited by monkeyfoot; 05-26-2010 at 03:07 PM.