Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Krav Maga

KC Elbows Guest
    I'm looking for a really good cardio schuai chiao school. I've got a few pounds to lose, and I'd like to lose them while being thrown onto my spine.

Barring that, I will settle for cardio dim mak. :D

Budokan Guest
    Cardio iron-testicles is really where it's at. :)

K. Mark Hoover

KC Elbows Guest
    :D Finally!! Away to hide those unsightly testicle pounds!

I'm ordering the video right now!!

Budokan Guest
    Yes, mine are much too large and have unsightly cellulite. I figure this program is perfect for me, then Rolls will be able to get both of them in his mouth at the same time....

K. Mark Hoover

Krav maga

What I know about this is that it is an Israeli special forces combat system, that seems pretty rough. does anyone know anything else about it?

You can get certified to teach it in two weeks.

Krav Maga

It's a no nonsense and brutal MA that's pretty effective. If it wasn't the Israeli Army wouldn't be using it.
    K. Mark Hoover

Krav Maga

Israeli modern martial art.

"No-nonsense."

www.KravMaga.com

thoughts?
    strike!

There is a Krav Maga 'training center' here in town, it appears to offer full-contact sparring, they call them fight nights.

If this is true, then it would be the only place in my area to offer such greatness.
    strike!

They have GREAT principles of engagement. I've seen some videos, all look good. They appear to be a no nonsense group that focus on what it takes to survive the confrontation. No pomp and circumstance involved. This may be a turn off to those who train for more spiritual reasons, but they offer a banquet of solid training principles and methods to those who are seeking such.

Two thumbs way up! (like my opinion matters)
    C. Martin
    "Pain is Neccessary!"

Take it,

From what I have heard is that the Krav Maga you see now is nothing like the task-oriented military unarmed combat system which was taught to the Israel Defence Force by its founder Imi Lichtenfeld in WWII.

Total different animals now, the one of the past would be the one that I would take, but don't overide what they have to offer now, as it will put any mall karate or mckwoon to shame, it still has a lot of good stuff to offer, practical and viable self defense skills.

Lichtenfeld who was born in 1910 in Czechoslovakia, his father being a circus acrobat and wrestler. Lichentfeld inherited his fathers passion for combat sports and he took up wrestling and boxing with real competitive success. With the spread of fascism preceding WWII Lichtenfeld found himself engaged in the realities of street brawling, which in turn led him to understand the nature of actual combat over competitive combat, this knowledge went with him to Israel when he emigrated there and joined the Haganah, the precursor to the IDF, and was put to task instructing a mixed bag of new recruits in unarmed combat methods.

His goal being to quickly give an individual solider a practical body of fighting skills in a compact and realistic period of time, very similar to what Fairbairn and Sykes had to accomplish in England.
    Regards

yenhoi,
    I don't know if this is true as I have never been to a Krav Maga school, but I heard from several sources that Krav Maga schools do not spar. They do various drills and step sparring, but not free sparring. Check it out, I could be wrong.-ED
    "jooo jeestu's lika sex bro, you godda put your heeps to eet."
    -Megaton

The local 'training center' has a 'fight night'. Im going to check it out for sure - I fi can finally find a place local that does anysort of lower level, full contact or similar, i will be there.

www.renotkd.com - the Krav Maga Center here is at a TKD school!

hah.
    strike!

Also, Im going to goto a local aikido school - I took a aikido 'special topic' class at the University, but Im not going for aikido, Im going to get thrown around.

There are no 'hardcore' training places around here since the Straight Blast Gym went out of town, and suddenly I have alot more time then I expected to have this 'semester' so I can do some ad hoc searching.

Thanks again.
    strike!

Actually from what I heard a few years ago, sparring is very much emphasized. They use boxing gloves.
    -FJ