Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Krav Maga

I also heard that no free sparring is allowed,, at least not `til your a advanced or something like that.. But that is a good thing I think. If it's for fullcontact that is.

Go train it, u may learn something new right?
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

I was taught some KRAV MAGRA from a NAVY SEAL that went to our location...you DIDN'T SPAR...it's based on updated one step two step training. How to counter a right cross by using multiple strikes or counter a takedown with multiple strikes etc...
    A

I think krav maga is good for what it was designed for - to learn self defense fast. But it's not something I would want to learn as a primary style. Looks more like bad wing chun to me.

it's cool,, some good training in there
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Talking bliss..

Finally got over to the Krav maga Training Center.

Wow.

I droped in on a "Level 2/3 Class" and it was great. They did warm up, some kinda partner drill where you slap each others face, and then worked on striking pads all night - punching, palm, kicking, elbows, and knees. Then they did pushups, and some pushups, and then some pushups, and finished the night by skipping rope for 15 minutes (1hr and 1half class).

Of course 1 class is not enough to fly with, so Ill drop in thursday night to check out "Fight Night": anyone who is enrolled can throw on gloves and go at it. They dont like Level 1 people getting involved, and Im sure there are rules, but from talking with the students its very close to what Im looking for. This is the first place in town that I have found that does any sort of "real" sparring.
    strike!

I went to a KM seminar this past weekend. People do not lie when they talk about the intensity of their first KM workout. It is definetly a no B.S. system. For you few San Antonio people on the board the classes start next Monday.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Have you concidered joining the UNR Boxing team? They have a first class program and yes they do have female boxers.

From Dayton!

Wow, Im in Dayton at least once a week. Come to Reno or Carson often?

UNR boxing team is great, i sparr with a couple members on occasion, one who is also learning BJJ here so he is lots of fun. Never considered joining, however.
    strike!

OT: ewallace

great avatar man. fistfull of metal. didn't like the album too much, but that's one hell of an avatar!
    only gin and tang guzzle out a rusty tin can, me and this mic is like yin and yang

Thanks. Yeah that album was pretty bad. The cover is outstanding though!

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

fa_jing,

From what I heard and this is from a Krav Maga forum. You do not spar until after phrase II in most Krav maga schools.-ED
    "jooo jeestu's lika sex bro, you godda put your heeps to eet."
    -Megaton

Krav Maga Forum?
    Where?
    strike!

Re: From Dayton!

Originally posted by yenhoi
    Wow, Im in Dayton at least once a week. Come to Reno or Carson often?

UNR boxing team is great, i sparr with a couple members on occasion, one who is also learning BJJ here so he is lots of fun. Never considered joining, however.
    Yes, I work in Carson and do Wing Chun in Reno on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

I used to train with the Freed brothers, Dave and Steve from the Boxing team back in the 80's. I'm also a friend of Ryan Simpson. He used to be my neighbor when he was young. We went and watched him box at the Eldorado a couple of years ago when he won the National Championship.

Just between you and me. A lot of the UNR Boxing Alumni have gone on to become very successful and influential and they really support the boxing team, Scholarships, Career help, Open doors, if you know what I mean.

I sent you an email Highlander: where in reno and with who? Wing Chun with Dave Manchino (sp?) perhaps?

I ask because I have been somewhat at a loss looking for wing chun locally. Maybe your training at Yansen?

Thanks.
    strike!