Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lo Man Kam

Cool, thanx!

Re: Lo Man Kam

Originally posted by Yung Apprentice
    Is he legit? He has a student named Bradley Temple that has a school in my city. Just wondering how is there reps, and has anyone trained with or under them?
    Hi Bro. You still haven't found a teacher in Vegas? Oct of 2002 you ask if any one knew of any WC teacher in the Las Vegas area. You received lots of great responces. Thanks to your post in Oct of 2002, I was able to check out every WC Sifu in Vegas w/ Bradley Temple Sifu being my favorite. I've studied under Sifu Temple for a little over a year now, and I would like to thank you and my kung fu uncle (John aka aelward) for helping me to find my teacher (Sifu Temple). Thanks guys.

~Tim

Cool! I have found my teacher here. Vegas has some very excellent teachers, from all styles. I was training with sifu Jack Soiderberg at the Create Develop and Flow Academy. It's a JKD school. I also did some BJJ training at the Las Vegas Combat Club, under Ricardo Pires. But currently, I don't have the money to train at any school.

I'm glad my thread helped. How is the training there?

JOHN KANG/AELWARD,

JUST SAW YOUR POST AND AM WONDERING WHY YOU ARE MENTIONING MY NAME IN THIS AND A PREVIOUS POST THAT HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ME OR THE CRCA, AND NO EXPLANATION IS GIVEN.

Tap Man Out

Color me confused

Originally posted by Tap Man
    JOHN KANG/AELWARD,

JUST SAW YOUR POST AND AM WONDERING WHY YOU ARE MENTIONING MY NAME IN THIS AND A PREVIOUS POST THAT HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ME OR THE CRCA, AND NO EXPLANATION IS GIVEN.

Tap Man Out
    I just did a search on the page, and don't see anywhere that Aelward mentioned anything about Tap Man or CRCA. Obviously I am one reader who is missing something.

Is it possible that your name is the same as someone else John may have mentioned?

Regards,
    - kj

Originally posted by Tap Man
    JOHN KANG/AELWARD,

Tap Man Out
    On KFO, John Kang has become sort of the de facto Lo Man Kam expert.

There are certain folks who have come to be known by association with and as representing their sifus on KFO. John Kang's reference was to such an online reference/relationship. John was seeking a handle to describe this phenomena.

Knowing John as I do, I'm sure he meant nothing disrespectful to anyone. I'm certain that Tom Kagan is proud to be known for his association with Moy Yat and we all assume pride in association is the motivation behind your own (previous) posts.

Its a relatively small online community, and the memories of past issues fade at varying rates. I tend to forget about KFO when boredom or curiosity doesn't draw me here.

Regards,
    John Weiland
    "Et si fellitur de genu pugnat"
    (And if he falls, he fights on his knees)
    ---Motto of the Roman Legionary

"Aim at Heaven and you will get earth 'thrown in': aim at earth
    and you will get neither." --C. S. Lewis

Tapman--

At the time I first wrote on this thread, it has been a long time since I had commented on this forum at all. In a way, it is similar to how Tom Kagan writes mostly when Moy Yat's name comes up, or how you write when Randy Williams name comes up. It was just humor, with no disprespect intended.

As I am sure he could tell you, I am very fond of Randy and his attitude toward training and self-improvement.

best regards,
    john kang
    JK-
    "Sex on TV doesn't hurt unless you fall off."

Cool! I have found my teacher here. Vegas has some very excellent teachers, from all styles. I was training with sifu Jack Soiderberg at the Create Develop and Flow Academy. It's a JKD school. I also did some BJJ training at the Las Vegas Combat Club, under Ricardo Pires. But currently, I don't have the money to train at any school.

I'm glad my thread helped. How is the training there?
    The training is great. You should come down and check out a class or two.

~Tim

Yeah, I would like that. It was one of the schools I was interested in, but never had the chance to visit. The one time I was going to, I had a flat tire on the way, lol. And the next day (since there wasn't any class at your school on that day) I went to the JKD school and just found it to be everything I looked for in a school.

I wouldn't be able to join for monetary reasons, but I would interested in checking out the school.

Just out of curiousity, is there any sparring at your school. Feel free to PM me.

Yeah, I would like that. It was one of the schools I was interested in, but never had the chance to visit. The one time I was going to, I had a flat tire on the way, lol. And the next day (since there wasn't any class at your school on that day) I went to the JKD school and just found it to be everything I looked for in a school.

I wouldn't be able to join for monetary reasons, but I would interested in checking out the school.

Just out of curiousity, is there any sparring at your school. Feel free to PM me.
    Yes, we do. We even get to touch hands with different styles from time to time. All I can say is, come see a class. Trust me, you will not be disappointed.

Really? Thats way cool! When you touch hands with different styles, are they local schools?

I remember one time when I was playing ball at Winchester Park on Pecos, I saw two guys doing sticky hands from your school at the park. They were VERY impressive.

BTW, You wouldn't happen to know of any local tournaments going on? Since I haven't been able to train, I've been out of the loop, but I still like going to tournies to check out the local schools.

Really? Thats way cool! When you touch hands with different styles, are they local schools?

I remember one time when I was playing ball at Winchester Park on Pecos, I saw two guys doing sticky hands from your school at the park. They were VERY impressive.

BTW, You wouldn't happen to know of any local tournaments going on? Since I haven't been able to train, I've been out of the loop, but I still like going to tournies to check out the local schools.
    Yes, they are local schools. We've sparred with mauy thai, Kenpo, and TKD to name a few.

Sticky hands at Winchester Park. That sounds like Seth and Ali. Seth has only been doing sticky hands for about a month now. As for Ali, I believe he's been doing chi sao for over a year now, but he has not been to class for the past 6 to 7 months because of school. If you think that was impressive, wait until you see Darwin, Joenna, Matt, Anthony, and Abner (just to name a few).

Speaking of tournaments. We tried to enter a tournament that the United Studio of Self Defence (Kenpo) was holding (that was suppose to be open to all styles), but as soon as we told them that we studied Wing Chun, they told us that we could not compete. When we asked why, they said that they have students that are doctors and lawyers, and they did not want them to get hurt. Can we say SCARED! But the good news is there is some sort of tournament coming up in Aug, but I'm not sure were it's going to be at just yet, but we are training for it.
    Last edited by Sonic; 02-26-2004 at 10:14 PM.

I talked to Seth yesturday, and he told me that it was him and Kyle that you met at Sunset Park. He told me that they were doing single hand chi sao and rolling. You should come and check out a class. My sifu would love to have.

~Tim

P.S.
    Seth told me that he has only been studying WC for 4 months, and that Kyle has been studying for almost 6 months.
    Last edited by Sonic; 03-04-2004 at 01:21 PM.

I normally play ball at Sunset Park, but that day I was at Winchester Park when I saw the two guys practicing. One was African-American, and had some quick hands, I don't remember the other too well, becauce the guy with the quick hands was blocking my view.

I wanted to talk to them a bit, but I didn't want to be rude or interrupt.

But I remember the black t-shirt with the Lo Man Kam symbol on the back.

Thats funny about the United Studio of Self Defense, I always figured they were soft.

I remember before I joined my school, I had talked with some of the guys at the Lohan Shaolin school here. They were saying that the school I went to, often got disqualified at tournaments "for fighting like they train" as one of them put it. I guess they were a bit rough, I dunno.

Thats cool that you have sparred against some styles out here. Have you ever sparred someone from the Hsing-Yi school out here? Or hear anything about them? I once went to their school, but I wasn't impressed. It looked like an MCkwoon from the class I had seen.

Which Muy Thai school have you sparred?

I normally play ball at Sunset Park, but that day I was at Winchester Park when I saw the two guys practicing. One was African-American, and had some quick hands, I don't remember the other too well, becauce the guy with the quick hands was blocking my view.

I wanted to talk to them a bit, but I didn't want to be rude or interrupt.

But I remember the black t-shirt with the Lo Man Kam symbol on the back.

Thats funny about the United Studio of Self Defense, I always figured they were soft.

I remember before I joined my school, I had talked with some of the guys at the Lohan Shaolin school here. They were saying that the school I went to, often got disqualified at tournaments "for fighting like they train" as one of them put it. I guess they were a bit rough, I dunno.

Thats cool that you have sparred against some styles out here. Have you ever sparred someone from the Hsing-Yi school out here? Or hear anything about them? I once went to their school, but I wasn't impressed. It looked like an MCkwoon from the class I had seen.

Which Muy Thai school have you sparred?
    I don't believe any one from my school has sparred with any one from the Hsing-Yi School, but I'll ask to make sure. As for Muay Thai. I have sparred with a few of Master Toddy's students (I also use to be one of Master Toddy's students, but I prefer WC).

As for Winchester Park, I'm not sure who it was, but I will ask around.

~Tim