Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions on Challenges

Originally posted by yenhoi
    I repeat my challenge to MP and SevenStar to fight me 2 on 1.

Wimps.

Can I bring a weapon?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

You'd need one, ya *****.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Can I bring a weapon?

No firearms. Lets keep it civilized.

No US Marines either.

strike!

Take a midget on amphetamines.
    "In choosing your dwelling, know how to keep to the ground.
    In cultivating your mind, know how to dive in the hidden depths.
    In dealing with others, know how to be gentle and kind.
    In speaking, know how to keep your words.
    In governing, know how to maintain order.
    In transacting business, know how to be efficient.
    In making a move, know how to choose the right moment.
    If you do not strive with others, you will be free from blame."
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching
    An eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

Originally posted by Shaolin-Do
    Take a midget on amphetamines.
    I did that the other day. Boy, the little fella was squirmy.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

Just put a muzzle on em.
    "In choosing your dwelling, know how to keep to the ground.
    In cultivating your mind, know how to dive in the hidden depths.
    In dealing with others, know how to be gentle and kind.
    In speaking, know how to keep your words.
    In governing, know how to maintain order.
    In transacting business, know how to be efficient.
    In making a move, know how to choose the right moment.
    If you do not strive with others, you will be free from blame."
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching
    An eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

That won't stop 'em squirming.

Besides, I like the squirming.

Opinions on Challenges

What would you fight a challenge over?

I've always held that I'd fight challenges for my school, but never considered any other reasons.

If someone ate my Twix chocolate bar.

well, of course there is beer, but i think any red blooded chap would rise to a beer challenge.

defending your school is the same as defending yourself really, you are true to your school and your school is true to you should be the way.

oh, a egg rolls, definitely don't touch my egg rolls or i will stick a fork in your eye.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Kung Lek, what qualifies as "defending yourself"?

Reason I ask is I've been challenged by a former friend who is upset at me because of bad communication and decisions on both our parts, imo. Unfortunately, it is also someone who I no longer wish in my life because I think he has a negative effect on many of those around him, and I no longer wish to be around that. In any case, I feel the challenge is a recipe for disaster for both involved, as he is a decent martial artist, and so I would go all out, and it's very prone to getting out of control. It's just something that I think all involved would regret if it happened, yet I'm not sure the protocol in regards to challenge culture and all.

In that context, what would you say? I'm back and forth on this, and could use outside views.

your options:

1) maybe you can solve the situation by talking with him and sort it out.

2) Fight him

3) just stop talking to him. Don't fight

4)Talk to him and when he doesn't look, kick him in the nuts.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

kc-

you say you no longer want to have any involvement with this person, then imo, let it go at that.

Just cut the ties to that which ails ya in other words. If it is debilitating for you to continue any form of relationship with this person, then it is good that you have recognized this and have taken measures to put an end to the relationship.

Having said that, should this person approach you with intent to commit a violent act all up and on you, then by all means it is your recourse to physically settle the disagreement. Be comfortable in the knowledge that it wasn't you who came with fists flying. You wanted to put the thing down and he wouldn't let you. What should you do?

So, in that situation, win or lose, do your best and you still have the ability to walk away and continue to let the emotion and bad charge of the relationship fade over time. Because it will, it always does.

One of the toughest things to put down in your life is a bad relationship. So many people struggle and continue in them with some misdirected or presupposed hope that it will improve. The truth of the matter is that power over another can be addicting. Especially for people with innately negative views. It reenforces their sense of self worth and makes them feel they have control of their lives when they have control of other peoples emotions. It is of course not true and in fact the person who seeks to control others is the one who is emotionally weak and is likely scarred inside from some or many bad experiences in their own life.

But for now, just refuse yourself to get hooked into more negative exchanges with the guy. Let it go and let what's said roll off your back. Clearly if you have merit, it doesn't matter two figs what anyone else says about you. That's my spin on it kc for what it's worth if anything at all to you

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Kristoffer,
    Talking to the guy is not an option. I know him well, there is no version of "just go away and live your life" that will not engage his ego even further, and further contact will not get him out of my life any more. Four made me laugh. Two and three are the ones I'm stuck between really.

Cerebus,
    that's my concern. The danger will robinson thing might be the correct option.

And cometojesus, I ate your twix bar, b@#$%!

I think that there is a differene between a challenge and someone simply offering/wanting to fight you.
    KCE's case seems to fall into the 2nd category.

Properly conducted challenges got rules and similar.

Somebody simply walking up to you and saying lets fight to see who is better is stupid, IMHO, and does not constitute a challenge.
    Neither would I consider it a challenge if someone simply walks into our kwoon and wants to fight my Sifu.

Challenges for me are more along the lines of the ol' duels, where things are at stake.