Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Domestic Violence ? Who is to blame ?

Domestic Violence ? Who is to blame ?

I am bored. So lets think about this

Lets say the wimmin is a 4 dan karate and 3 dan jujitsu person.
    While despite the fact that you have been training CMA for 30 years, you have no titles.

Lets say there is a case of "domestic violence" between you two. By the time you happy couples gets to the police station, you are both battled and bruised.

Question, who exactly is going to win the lawsuit ? and why ?

More importantly, would you come out in the open and say " I have been training for 30 years and I beaten by my wimmin "

The courts usually go with the female, but if a chick beat me that bad I'd probly not press charges, just start doing the dishes...
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Lets say there is a case of "domestic violence" between you two. By the time you happy couples gets to the police station, you are both battled and bruised. Question, who exactly is going to win the lawsuit ? and why ?
    A more realistic scenario would be a police response to the place where the incident has taken place or is in process of taking place. As far as how it goes from there, it depends on what state you live in, the relevant statutes involved, and how the individual officers have been trained in regards to domestic violence response.

In Utah, the responding officers would interview both parties, consult with any responding EMT's, then make a judgement call on who the "primary aggressor" was and arrest accordingly.

Utah also has a number of "enhancement" statues that would apply if there were children witnesses to the violence, and/or if there were drugs, alchohol or weapons involved.

Another factor that complicates the mess is if either or both parties have current protective orders against them at the time of the incident.

The rest would play out in criminal court.
    "Not to tire of learning is wisdom; not to weary of teaching is benevolence." -- Tzu-kung

Interesting thread. Lawsuits isn't that common in my country.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Wimps Wimps Wimps

And you call yourself men ???

Angry who is to blame

Me.

I'll even come to your house and beat both your parents ,, now shuddup.

Thats more like it !!!

There is no excuse for escalating to violence in a domestic situation.

If you were truly intelligent, you would have put as much focus into picking your wife as you do in picking a good school. More actually. If your bad choices put you in a spot - walk away.

"Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

~read the question~

You guys are taking the title too seriously and not enough on the elaboration of it
    Last edited by Chinwoo-er; 10-21-2003 at 11:49 AM.

I know, I'm just chiming in for the idiots who think you are serious.

I was saw a Karate couple - both full contact fighters have a domestic dispute.

Ugly, man. It hurt more to watch thier choices of technique than the fight...Both got hurt bad...

Rule #48: Never interrupt a domestic dispute.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

c0ckroach nuh bizniz inna fowl fight

More importantly, would you come out in the open and say " I have been training for 30 years and I beaten by my wimmin "
    Not before moving out of state....
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

NP, if you have the courage to come out. There is no where you can hide.

First, the news paper would have it all over the country. And with in 3 hours, KFM would be arguing about the legitimacy of your style, due to your lack of ability against a female. This discussion would then be spread around the various kwoons us no-life-addicted-to-an-internet-forum trains in and would be followed up by discussion at the family dinner table. Should just one member of the family be female (normally thats the case), the gossips would then spread further and wider than to where even the most powerful media system can reach. Of which makes you world wide famous.

Probably better to move off to another planet

OCTOBER 21--David Gest, the estranged husband of Liza Minnelli, claims in a lawsuit filed today that the singer regularly beat him during the couple's 16-month marriage. In the below New York State Supreme Court complaint, Gest, 50, describes Minnelli, 57, as an overweight, raging alcoholic who seriously injured him during a June attack (the couple separated the following month). According to Gest, whose lawsuit seeks $10 million in damages, he became a "victim of domestic violence" who, as a result of Minnelli's beatings, now lives in "virtually constant, unrelenting pain" that requires "11 prescription medications per day, some more than once." Gest's complaint chronicles alleged beatings in London, Italy, and New York and claims that Minnelli once threw a lamp at him, punched a security guard, choked a male employee of Gest's, and bit another security official. Gest even recounts a pre-marriage incident in December 2001 as the couple traveled, via a chauffeured Mercedes, to enroll Minnelli in a Pennsylvania rehab facility. Gest claims that the singer drank an entire bottle of red wine in the car and then began beating him "about his head with open hands and closed fists." (10 pages)
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

I dont remember the exact statistics so Ill just go with rounded #s....
    It was like...
    60% of domestic violence calls were made by men
    of the men who called, 70% were arrested when officers arrived at the scene
    80% of domestic violence ending in death, the woman is the aggressor
    I need to find those statistics again... had a test on that stuff for psychology.
    "In choosing your dwelling, know how to keep to the ground.
    In cultivating your mind, know how to dive in the hidden depths.
    In dealing with others, know how to be gentle and kind.
    In speaking, know how to keep your words.
    In governing, know how to maintain order.
    In transacting business, know how to be efficient.
    In making a move, know how to choose the right moment.
    If you do not strive with others, you will be free from blame."
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching
    An eye for an eye leaves the world blind.