Thread: ATT Gene Ching & any ANIME Heads...Rza question

Cool ATT Gene Ching & any ANIME Heads...Rza question

Hello, on The Rza's new album titled The birth of a prince there is a song called Koto Chotan and i'm hoping someone will know what the name means...someone said it may be a method of martial arts....Here's where i'm looking at you Gene....and i think the name may have something to do with an anime program...anyone know?.

Gene, have you had the chance to check out rza's album?....it's nice as....add your choice of expletive....and if you've been missing that wu/kung fu sound lately then check out the tracks on there titled: See the joy, The birth, Koto chotan, A day to God is a thousand years.... and many more!!!.
    Peace

there is a japanese instrument called the koto, much like the instrument the blind guy was playing in "hero" when jet li was fighting donnie yen. It's got a plucky banjoey sound.

Not sure about that reference.

I thought Chotan was one of the 4 buddhist musicians - but that's a really obscure reference. I haven't checked out RZA's latest recording, but I really enjoyed his work in Kill Bill. It really made the movie for me.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

If it's related to an anime program, it's not one I've seen or heard of, and that narrows the field of possibility by a very wide margin.

FD, otaku at large
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

hm,thanks for the replies

great album.......... do u still call them albums
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

sure, albums...

Album comes from the root word meaning 'white' as in albumin (egg whites). Here it implies 'white tablet' or a place to store a collection (think stamps or photos). For music it's songs. Sort of gives new meaning to the white album, eh? Album later grew to define phonograph records, but I think you can still use album for cds. Most people use vinyl for phonograph.

Soon it'll all be downloads and file sharing. I heard on the raido today that more people file share music in the USA then voted for the president. The people have spoken...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Gene is mistaken. "Album" comes from the name of the inventor of recorded sound, Thomas Edison. Recorded sound wasn't a financial success right away, because the right application hadn't been found yet. Edison (or "Al" as his friends called him, a nickname derived from Edison's middle name, Alva) thought that people would want to record letters to one another rather than writing them. He was mistaken, of course, because the early wax cylinders and discs that were used were fragile and heavy. So, sound recording was known as "Al's bum invention" or "album" for short. Later on, when people made the leap to recording music the technology became a monumental success, spawning the multibillion dollar worldwide industry we know today, but the name "album" for a sound recording stuck.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

but i thot records were black.........

*ducks tomatoes*
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Re: Not sure about that reference.

Originally posted by GeneChing
    I thought Chotan was one of the 4 buddhist musicians - but that's a really obscure reference. I haven't checked out RZA's latest recording, but I really enjoyed his work in Kill Bill. It really made the movie for me.
    4 bhuddist musicians...is this a modern thing like there is four popular musicians rocking lately who are bhuddists...or is this a legend thing like the four killer flute players vs the ching empire?.

fab four album

CSN - now that's just nutty.

ST - the white is symbolic. better to show tomato stains.

DG -
    Lord mayor: "...our forefathers..."
    Fred: "quartet"
    Lord mayor: "...and foremothers..."
    Fred:"'nother quartet"
    ~from Yellow Submarine
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ahm

so how do you explain Photograph Album wise guy.

Rza : birth of a prince

decent album, I always expect more from Rza though so I was slightly disappointed.

Kill Bill : vol 1 sdtk

cool album , been listening to it all weekend.

RZA is one of the better artists today
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

RZA

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips