Thread: Stretching exercise

Stretching exercise

Anyone know any good stretching exercises for the leg muscle right below the hip and above the thigh? It's that small one at the front of the leg up high.
    I want to get it much more flexible as I have never directly tried to before. My high and side kicks are up there, but my back kicks are that of a crippled old man. I'm thinking it's because of this muscle.
    Anyways, I need some stretching exercises that will really isolate this muscle.
    Anyone?
    Thanks

anyone?

Front split? Front dip stretch? Toedown front stretch?
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash

Attempting the front split stretches is. But trying that involves resistance from too many other muscles. I need some exercies to isolate it.
    What is this dip stretch?

Drill the kick 1000 times each leg 3 times a week, it will loosen up. Either that, or find a way to hold that kick up behind you as far as possible. Like a front split, only arch back and try to make your head touches your feet without letting your hips off the ground at all.

Of course, if you can't do side, front and center splits all the way to the ground with legs fully locked, your not ready for more yet. I'd really work on those after your 1000 kicks and each time you train (After the training, wile your nice and hot). Get that first, and THEN try leanning back more and more.

It's a progression, if you can't do the basics splits to the ground with locked legs, it's a waste to try the more advanced ones.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Front dip stretch is like an exaggerated bow stance, with the back foot heel-up instead of flat. Emphasis on keeping the back leg straight, torso erect, hips low.

Toe down stretch can be achieved as follows: begin with a front dip stretch, then change the back foot so that the laces are resting on the floor (sole of the foot facing up). Now lean forward, bringing up the front heel, placing the hands on the floor on either side of the front foot. Emphasis is on keeping the back leg straight, hips stretching front to back.
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash

Tak,
    I forgot about that one, good call. It might be good to take the sugjestions I made, and the one's you made, and combine them into a 40 minute routine. I think that would be the most effective way to solve the problem.

I'd start with the 1000 kicks as the warmup, then into your front dip followed by the toe stretch, then into side, front and center splits done in order of easiest to hardest for the individual practitioner. I'd end with the front split where you arch back, and bend your back knee so your foot goes up to meet the back of your head.

Just for clarifaction, front split is same as the side, only the top of the back foot is on the ground. Side split is just turning the back foot out so it rests on the side, and pulling it back to stretch the calf more. In the front split, the hips are more closed, and will work the muscle you need worked better, the side the hips open a bit and shift the stretch to the hams abit more. You need both really.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a