Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got Into A Fight

Got Into A Fight

Ok last night i witnessed a friend getting threatened and i stepped in because my friend wanted nothing to do with the guy and was bowing profusely so to speak. I told the guy that no one wanted to fight and that he made his point. The dude tipped my beer into my face as i took a drink and so i pushed him away from me.

He came at me and i tied him up and told him to calm down over and over. He kept coming and eventually grabbed my hood and ripped my shirt. It kind of pulled me off balance so i adjusted and struck him with a decent amount of force with a knee to his lower chest. This made him rear back so i grabbed his jaw, twisted his head away from me and continued torquing his head until he went down. I went down on top of him and wanted a better position to control him and so i used my head as a point of leverage as i threw my legs around and ended up with him in a side headlock having both his arm and head within the lock. My legs were now out perpendicular to his body which is what i wanted. I started flicking him on his forehead and laughing, telling him to just stop.

At this point he stopped and as i was about to get up a friend of his lunged at me as if to kick me in the face. So my sister lol, grabbed him and started yelling at him. He was like "$hit im sorry" and i think started hitting on her after that.

So what did i learn? Well, my fight did go to the ground. However, i wasnt really trying to hurt him and was consciously aware of many opportunities to strike him but didnt. So i think it went to the ground because i was mainly trying to control him rather than take him out. I ended up with lots of small cuts from rolling on the ground, especially from when i used my head as leverage..which was stupid but i wasnt really thinking about the state of the street i was on at the time. Also, you are vulnerable to other atttackers while you are grappling and if they have friends...they WILL jump in. Afterwards 2 other friends of his tried to come at me but got stopped by the onlookers. Overall, i wasnt happy. I should have just dropped him and left.
    Let your heart wear the crown, not your head.

Most beer spilled on me is by drunks saying hello.
    "Heugheh hey! Wghats goin hon?"

You shoulda knocked him the f*ck out. Oh well. Next time eh?
    "In choosing your dwelling, know how to keep to the ground.
    In cultivating your mind, know how to dive in the hidden depths.
    In dealing with others, know how to be gentle and kind.
    In speaking, know how to keep your words.
    In governing, know how to maintain order.
    In transacting business, know how to be efficient.
    In making a move, know how to choose the right moment.
    If you do not strive with others, you will be free from blame."
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching
    An eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

Raatra

You have been here under a different name don't you?...

Its my secret identity.
    Shhh.
    I like to converse with myself.
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching

Also, you are vulnerable to other atttackers while you are grappling and if they have friends...they WILL jump in
    A point worth emphasizing.
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash

Raatra,

Check your PM box.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

shaolin do...yeah there was alot of $hit talking afterwards by his friends so you are right. i should have just laid him out and saved myself the drama. It was fun though, i must admit. I even like the feeling of the bruises i got.
    Let your heart wear the crown, not your head.

Shoulda knocked out his friends too.
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching

Then you should of knocked out everyone else at the party for sh!ts and giggles.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Violence and fighting are antithetical to the higher Buddhist aspirations of traditional Chinese martial arts and clearly you have denegrated not only yourself but your friends, and your tradition. You need to stop eating red meat, eat more granola and become one with your center. Only then will your practice lead you to a higher enlightenment
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

and if you have a car...give that to me, you won't be needing it anymore...you'll walk...with rocks in your sandles...
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Chinese martial art was created by Buddhist monks, Taoist hermits and Confucian scholars, all peace loving men, for the sole purpose of developing their chi... such perverse alteration of this pure original content is why we have such attrocities committed in this day and age. Repent! Don't fall sway to the path of violence....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Eat gravel
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

The only true path to enlightenment is a series of knife fights with a drunken bum...
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Violence and fighting are antithetical to the higher Buddhist aspirations of traditional Chinese martial arts and clearly you have denegrated not only yourself but your friends, and your tradition. You need to stop eating red meat, eat more granola and become one with your center. Only then will your practice lead you to a higher enlightenment
    I live in Boulder, Colorado. You can't imagine how many people buy into this line of thought regarding martial arts(NAROPA Institute is here). Maybe you should close your gym in NY and head out here. People have money, time, and an desire to create an artificial lifestyle based on unreality. To quote a former student of my instructor, "Could you just teach me tai chi for health, I no longer want to be violent or train for violent acts".