Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got Into A Fight

"and i tied him up" --- How did he get loose???? Did you tie him tight enough or did he use a knife to get free??
    Aaron Vyvial

"If you want to be good, you will be"

Moy Yat Kung Fu Academy

training video

If you understood and applied the Bunkai from the "Kick his ass, Sea Bass" form, you could have ended the conflict sooner.

Train hard!

Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe
    The only true path to enlightenment is a series of knife fights with a drunken bum...

I agree.

Knock 'Em Out Da' Box

Raatra - Thanks for your story. It illustartes a problem I have been concerned about in my training. I have Cerebral Palsy. I can't kick, but my upper body is fine. I have no choice but to train as a grappler. However my personal preference is to be a striker.
    While grappling is great versus one person, you saw what could have happened when there are multiple attackers. I am not about to abandon the grappler training simply becasue my balance sucks and I know any fight I'm in is eventually going to hit the ground. I am however trying to get seriously into Hsing Ie. I figure dropping someone with one shot would be easier than trying to grapple them.
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

Bentmonk-

You are right man. But i was suprisingly pretty aware of who was around me and if they were jumping in or not and im sure you will be too. All you need is a kick azz sister like me though. Little girl jumped on the dude that came at me, it was great. You should definetly worry about other attackers if you are on the ground and that night suprised me because of how many guys actually tried to jump in once i got the guy down and into the lock. But ill tell you what man, you gotta be aware of the ground you are fighting on too. I probly have 3 cuts on my hand and one on my shoulder that almost could use stitches from glass and rocks that were on the ground. Those bjj guys should train on the street once for a day...then maybe they would modify thier technique a little.
    Let your heart wear the crown, not your head.