Thread: does wah lum have this form?

does wah lum have this form?

1.stand in 45 degree angle, raise arms to shoulder height, step into left dragon riding step, and swing your arms down to block.
    2.stand up right leg crosses left leg to form crossing step and block upwards over head.
    3.step into horse stance with left foot and you're in this move jet li often does it in his once upon a time in china movies.
    4.form tiger claw hands to your right waist and go into bow stance blocking with your tiger claw hands
    5.tiger claw turns into fists and step back with left foot. step back again with right feet and you're in a bow stance and swing your fists hitting your opponents chest.

i dont know, i would be able to tell you if i did wah lum your in boston? where do you train?

I train at boston kung fu tai chi

I can't picture exactly the moves you're describing. I used to train Wah Lum several years ago. But Wah Lum do use claws and have double punches to an opponent's chest.

in my school we call it nanquan. we got this new member he use to train in wah lum and said he learned this from there and I just want to know if it's true

what? the form I described is actually a modern form?

He might have learned the form when he was in Wah Lum, but it's probably not be a part of the Wah Lum curriculum.

I think I've seen sifu leroy k. doing a form that is pretty much similar to the one described ... but I may be wrong!

in my school we call it nanquan. we got this new member he use to train in wah lum and said he learned this from there and I just want to know if it's true
    I do remember awhile back seeing one of those discovery chanel martial arts documentaries, and they had a Wah Lum section. And during this part, one of the Wah Lum people did Nan Quan. Nan Quan, is basically a modern wushu form combining Southern hand techniques and some northern stancework.

Nan Quan example: http://www.beijingwushuteam.com/video/YangShiWen.avi

I'm not describing compulsory nanquan