Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bush Disappointed To Learn Chinese Foreign Minister Doesn't Know Karate

Talking Bush Disappointed To Learn Chinese Foreign Minister Doesn't Know Karate

WASHINGTON, DC—While he still plans to meet with Chinese Foreign Minister Li Zhaoxing, President Bush was disappointed to learn that the dignitary does not know karate, White House adviser Karl Rove told reporters Tuesday. "I told George that karate is an ancient martial art of Japan, not China," Rove said. "I told him that in China, many practice kung fu—but I recommended that he stick to the more vital issue of relations with Taiwan and North Korea." In spite of Rove's suggestion, Bush plans to ask Zhaoxing to "do some of that Jackie Chan action."

http://www.theonion.com/3940/
    Last edited by Vapour; 10-16-2003 at 06:33 PM.
    Engrish does not mine strong point.

lol. reminds me of a guy I was talking to at a party once. he was telling me about how great it was that I knew martial arts as well because he was usually the only "fighting guy" there. He showed me some of his TKD moves which basically consisted of him putting his foot in the air- no actual kick. very flexible though. He asked what I do and I said kung fu.

"Oh thats japanese right?"
    "err na karate is japanese"
    "heh no way man karate is the chinese one"
    "ever see a kung fu movie?"
    "na they suck. i hate dubbed movies. I think karate is both chinese and japanese"
    "yeah maybe"
    *me leaves*
    "If there is no grand plan; if there is no big picture; if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."

I love the onion

LOL
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Coming from the guy who's always telling..."Make no mistake"!!!Not bad!

Bush is funny like that
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

imagine what schwarzenegger would've said..

Funny as hel, but y'all noticed this is from "The Onion", right?

corz
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

http://w3.blackbeltmag.com/whatsnew/page2.asp

old arnie is a bit of a bloodsport fan methinks

oh and wtf is with taekwondo giving ranks to people who dont actually practice the art? they gave elvis a 7th degree black belt even though his wife could of kicked his arse (she was I think a brown belt)
    "If there is no grand plan; if there is no big picture; if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."

Thumbs down

A little less conversation a little more action please

a little bit hard to do on an internet forum, dontchu think?

A little less conversation a little more action please
    <--- it's from an Elvis song

aah..

hehe

Xeb Admim made the onion, too.

http://www.theonion.com/3940/news1.html
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.